Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I love Al, but when I heard him support Rudy, it was a huge disappointment. Frankly, I don't know why he felt he had to come out and do it. He should have just kept his thoughts to himself.

As for John and Ken, well, they're from New York - enough said.

Kevin James would love a second tier candidate to be elected either Hunter or Tancredo, but has been leaning towards the first tier Romney (just in case) because he feels Romney was pretty good with the IA issue as governor.

DJ
    I know that you all watch Lou Dobbs as I do. He is very emphatic that an Independent candidate may emerge who will capture all of us "Lou Dobbs" voters! He is not impressed with any of the offerings on either side of the aisle. The word is that the Lou Dobbs voters will win the election. I have a lot of faith in his words and attitude. If he gets behind a candidate, we have a big chance of pulling the country out of this political quicksand!

If it does come down to Giuliani v. Romney or Thompson, I will vote for either Romney or Thompson as both have publicly said they do not support "pathway" amnesty like Giuliani (and Bush), and both have outlined much better positions on illegal immigration than Giuliani.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mitt

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    If it does come down to Giuliani v. Romney or Thompson, I will vote for either Romney or Thompson as both have publicly said they do not support "pathway" amnesty like Giuliani (and Bush), and both have outlined much better positions on illegal immigration than Giuliani.
    Thanks for posting the article about Rudy.

I read Fred's immigration proposal that said he would not support legal status for illegal aliens. It is on his website.

I've missed MItt saying something similar. If you have a link to a webpage that might contain information about that, I'd appreciate you posting it because I'd like to read about Mitt's position now on legal status for illegal aliens.

You're welcome Tancredofan.

IMO, Thompson's outline on his website of how he would handle illegal immigration (e.g., attrition through enforcement, enforcement of federal law) is the most specific of the "major" candidates, and I appreciate this.

Romney does support increases in legal immigration (e.g., H-1 Bs), and has waffled somewhat on illegal immigration and is certainly not as strong on this issue as Tancredo or Hunter, but here are some examples of what he has at least said that is better than Giuliani, McCain (and Bush):

PHOENIX - People in this country illegally should be given "no special pathway'' to permanent residency as part of any federal immigration reform, Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney said Thursday.

http://www.douglasdispatch.com/articles ... /news4.txt

----------

Romney spokesman Kevin Madden:

“Governor Romney has been ... advocating tougher standards of enforcement of existing immigration laws while also initiating the call the cut off federal funding to sanctuary cities that ignore our immigration laws. Governor Romney also took action in his state by working out an agreement with the federal government to authorize state police to enforce federal immigration laws."

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/ ... ZiZGQ4OWU=

--------

Where most of the GOP candidates oppose legalization as an unacceptable amnesty, Giuliani and McCain favor a path to legal status for illegal immigrants who pay back taxes and fines, learn English and have clean records. Both, however, are very careful in discussing their support, stressing that border security must come first.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/pol ... 92318.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Talk Radio Host Al Rantel endorses Rudy Giuliani

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

I think many of us know Rudy Giuliani's weak record fighting illegal immigration, and his belief in a "pathway to citizenship" (i.e., amnesty) for illegal immigrants. Unfortunately, Al Rantel just announced that he supports Giuliani for president. Bill Simon, from the Giuliani campaign, is on Al's show now (11/1, 6:30pm PT) if you want to call in.

www.kabc.com
    I've lost much respect for Al Rantel as a result of this action.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123