Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Talking points for a select group of Senators

Time to change some minds in the senate -

Feel free to use these talking points (if you like 'em and care to of course) to bring even more pointed attention to the poor recent performance demonstrated by certain senators. These are ones that voted against the Vitter Amendment (ensuring de facto 'amnesty' for current IAs).

Remember, getting mad and relating your anger might make YOU feel better, but it often does little to persuade a legislator to warm to your views in a debate. Let's try large doses of persuasion and delivered with much repetition:

(Help yourself to use [or not] the points below. I won't be offended if you bend, staple, mutilate, etc. these either...)

Ensign[R-NV] (You voted solidly last year on provisions to protect American workers and citizens. This year, however, your voting pattern appears to be a marked shift from such earlier support. You voted against the Vitter Amendment. This is a big disappointment. What has convinced you to abandon your previous support for strong enforcement? I know you can do better in the future and expect you to do so.)

Domenici[R-NM] (I am greatly disappointed in your vote against the Vitter Amendment in the immigration reform bill. As a person having intimate personal knowledge of the problems facing our most vulnerable and dispossessed citizens, I am truly amazed and ashamed that you have chosen to dishonor these Americans by allowing illegal aliens to remain in the country. These illegal aliens often take jobs that American citizens need and deserve - especially our disabled and unemployed. Shame on you senator. How will you explain your vote to you daughter? I would like to know. You should know better.)

Webb[D-VA] (Despite supportive comments about working class Americans [and unemployed Americans], you voted to undermine these same Americans by voting to allow ever greater numbers of foreign workers to compete for US jobs. You voted against the Vitter Amendment.
    This is a big disappointment. Have you forgotten about working class Americans in this debate? I expect you to do better in the future.)

Lieberman[I-CT] (Despite a solid history and expertise on national security issues, you have bewildered me by choosing to vote with other senators that consider true border security only as an afterthought. This is a terrible disappointment to me. How can you support strong national security policy in one context, and overlook it, in the other? I know you can do better in the future.)

Coleman[R-MN] (In contradiction to your excellent proposed amendment to facilitate greater information sharing among Federal agencies to help reduce document fraud, identity theft, etc. - you voted against the Vitter Amendment to deny legal status to illegal aliens. This is a huge disappointment to me. Your vote all but assures the current problem to continue and even worsen. What explains this contradictory behavior? I expect you to do better in the future.

Kyl[R-AZ] (Is it true, as Sen. Sessions says, that you are one of the "Master's of the Universe"? I thought as a solid conservative legislator, that you would not be prone to support legislation crafted in secret? Yet, you voted against the Vitter Amendment. Doing so, all but ensures that illegal aliens in the US can remain under a legal status. Most Americans do not support amnesty - what has led you so far astray from the views of the average American? Please do better in the future.

Whitehouse[D-RI] (I know that you have invested great efforts to address the needs of our ailing health care system - a system that is continually on the brink of insolvency and pressed to provide adequate services to our citizens. At the same time, you have voted to further intensify the pressure on the very system you claim you want to fix. Your vote against the Vitter Amendment all but assures that your efforts to address the needs of our health care system will only be that much more futile. These contradictory positions are difficult to understand. Please do better in the future.

Thomas[R-WY] (Despite a past history of support for law enforcement and supporting American workers, you broke ranks with earlier votes and chose to vote against the Vitter Amendment in the immigration reform bill.
    Why have you chosen to support illegal aliens at the expense of the law-abiding American worker? I know you can do better in the future and expect you to do so.

Sanders[I-VT] (Thank you for speaking so eloquently on behalf of the all-too-forgotten US worker in the current immigration bill debate. Please continue to do so. At the same time, let me ask you to please support strong measures to enforce current law. Strong law enforcement protects American workers and their jobs. Please do support amendments like the Vitter Amendment in the future. The American worker will be very grateful and better off because of your support.)

Conrad[D-ND] (In contrast to your fellow senator's vote to support the Vitter Amendment, you voted no. This is a huge disappointment to me. Senator Dorgan understands that a vote for strong law enforcement is a vote FOR the law-abiding American worker. Until we have no American citizens which are unemployed or under-employed, we should not be facilitating even greater numbers of unauthorized persons into the country to compete for US jobs. I know you can do better in the future and expect you to do so.

Ones that I need some specific informational 'angles' to work are (eg. are probably higher priority than most others...)

NC - Burr
    TX - Cornyn and Hutchison
    OH - Voinovich
    GA - Chambliss and Isakson
    ID - Craig
    NE - Hagel
    VA - Warner
    NH - Gregg
    ME - Collins
    OR - Smith
    SC - Graham
    PA - Specter

Anybody got any suggestions? Please stick 'em up here if you do (or PM I suppose...)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted some general ones in this thread:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=65254

This bill gives Amnesty/legalizes *known* gang members. We aren't saying gang members "slip through" but those with gang ties are given Amnesty. And be ready with the citation of where that is in the bill. (I have tried to do a search with "gang" and "amnesty" but some key words in the threads make that difficult. I saw a thread that had this mentioned, though.)

Low wage earners like those that will be legalized will bankrupt Social Security. Be ready with the figures that show low-wage earners take far more from the system than they contribute.

This bill weakens enforcement - it shortens the fence. (They keep saying 370 "additional" miles - additional to what? What little exists TODAY?)

Banned
    PhredE, well said and persuasive arguments!

The only thing I would say is that this week the Senators are supposed to be in their home states on break even though they are probably on the Mexican Riviera, so all calls would probably be most effective if directed to the Senators local offices.

Senator Craig knows how the people of Idaho feel about this issue but he has steadfastly held to his position. I cannot offer you any new persuasive angles. He denies the numbers, he can't even speak coherently on the issue. I am wondering what he is getting out of this. Maybe SOSAD can be of more help with Craig. I am absolutely frustrated, having talked to him directly and his immigration aide also.

MW
    Olivermyboy wrote:

Senator Craig knows how the people of Idaho feel about this issue but he has steadfastly held to his position.
    Sen. Craig is salivating over the prospect of getting he and Sen. Feinstein's AgJOBS (Blue Card) program passed as part of the bill. The AgJobs program will bring in 1.5 million farm workers.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OliverMB:

Thanks. Just cut/paste material should anyone care to use 'em. Oh yeah, local/DC, calls vs. faxes vs. email vs. letters - for whatever purpose anyone wants to use 'em. I tried to sort of borrow the approach by Roy & Co. over at NumbersUSA.

Re: Craig - he may be hopeless... but, I'd sure like to know which potato growers have contributed to him in the past and are leaning on him to ensure their slave laborers. I think knowing this, will explain a lot of his apparent apathy toward popular opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    MW wrote:
    Sen. Craig is salivating over the prospect of getting he and Sen. Feinstein's AgJOBS (Blue Card) program passed as part of the bill. The AgJobs program will bring in 1.5 million farm workers.
    I hope it keeps him satisfied in his retirement because he is going to have a strong challenger against him in 2008 re-election and he is standing up against Craig on amnesty. From all I read in Letters to the Editor, people are furious and already threatening anyone who votes for amnesty with defeat

Oliver:

Hey, that's a good point to work too. Who is the challenger? Is that person declared yet? Every little bit of info helps...

Craig is an ASS, but I e-mailed and faxed all of our state Senators and Gov. Otter this week.
    Idaho passed Resolutions against the Real ID Act and NAU. The Governor sent letters to President Bush, Crapo, Craig, Sali and simpson and told them Idaho would not comply with the Real ID act that the only people they needed to track were non-citizens.
    we expected over sight on the NAU. Letters are on the Idaho thread.

Any how I asked all of them to have a talk with Craig as he seems to thwart the citizens of Idaho at every turn, and since the subject of both of these resolutions are tied into this S1348 they need to persuade Craig to vote against this bill. Please remind him he was put in office by the voters not the patato growers. lot more but you get the gist!!I will also fax all of their local offices again this week and make the same suggestion will also be stopping into the local offices .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAVELING BULLETIN BOARD

To everybody out there hanging in the backround yes you!! we invite you to...
    let your voices be heard, Its time to get involved, calls, faxes, and e-mails, post at the links below to let everyone know what you are hearing, it helps our leaders to make decisions on what steps to take next. Lets all let congress know what real Americans Want!!

Instructions here to help !! post results at either link
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... sc&start=0
    LETS RALLY TO MEMORIAL WEEK OPERATION BRING IT HOME
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63301

If anyone can't find information for contacting senators or not sure what to do, just ask, we have lots of nice people to help you

HINT: EASY WAY TO HELP OUT.....When you post on another site with good non-racist patriotic Americans leave behind a Momentous message, the link to ALIPAC ( http://www.alipac.us/index.php ).
    Any donations to help keep ALIPAC afloat will be much appreciated
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sosad: Ah, thanks. Thanks for the info. I forget that you do have a pretty good group trying to do the right thing - despite people like Craig.

Well, thanks again - good luck too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Sosad: Ah, thanks. Thanks for the info. I forget that you do have a pretty good group trying to do the right thing - despite people like Craig.

Well, thanks again - good luck too.
    Your welcome PhredE!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast