Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I will vote for whoever ALIPACERS or whoever the Candidate themselves would decide as a THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE. (DRAW BROOM STRAWS WOULD BE FINE WITH ME, I'M SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING A THIRD PARTY PRESIDENT.)

All Third Party Candidates should suck up their egos and combine their efforts into one person. We the American People might have a chance to survive, then.

Combined effort! Can someone bring all THIRD PARTY Candidates together to see the big prize. Just to get a THIRD PARTY VOICE WOULD BE A MIRACLE IN ITSELF.

Maybe we would as 'One Person Candidate for all Third Parties' we could get National News time like Obama and McCain.

We do not have much longer folks; and I think we Americans are missing a spoiling time if we don't come up with just one person for all the third parties.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just like many of you I have a very low opinion of John McCain, having said that his pick for VP is one of the most brilliant tactical moves I have seen in a very long time. This pick does many things at once.

1st it places Obama and Biden in a sealed box, If they talk about her experience it will rebound back at them because of BO's own experience 120 days as Senator vs her 18 years in public office and he is at the top of the ticket
    2nd. John McCain and Palin can take the change message away from BO, why? Because the BO/ Biden ticket represents two Washington insiders and the McCain campaign will argue that their ticket features two maverick reformers and one that is truly a Washington outsider.

3rd. The Conservative Evangelicals have a very big smile on their face today BO was trying to go after some of them but after the Saddleback debate and this VP choice Nail>Coffin.

4th. The PUMA's and soft Independent and Republican female vote will come in droves for a McCain/ Palin ticket after reading her Bio read it and you will see what I mean. Look at the huge response from the PUMA's here > http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/disc ... y.php?f=84

5th she is very strong on energy independence and favors domestic drilling and that will play well in the heartland of the country. This her ACE card.

6th and most likely the most important. The Dem's are already demonizing her and will underestimate her ability to take on Biden in the debates this will backfire big time. She was a former TV sports reporter and knows how to work the cameras and she is also a very articulate speaker. Another advantage she holds is if Biden attacks to aggressively which he is known for doing it will anger the female vote even more.

When McCain became the nominee I was hoping he would pick someone like this as he may only serve one term, as a Conservative I am disappointed with McCain but I will be voting for Sara Palin this year.

BRILLIANT!

Alaska's Joan of Arc
    Saturday, August 30, 2008
    By Tom Kizzia, Anchorage Daily News
    Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman
    This Oct. 1996 picture shows then-Wasilla, Alaska Mayor Sarah Palin in her office.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Sarah Palin was a hockey mom, small-town mayor and rising young Republican star in Alaska in 2003 when she ran afoul of her party's establishment over ethics reform and was cast into the political wilderness.

But she came charging back as an ethics crusader to win the governor's office in 2006 (including a landslide primary victory over the incumbent Republican governor) and has remained one of the most popular local politicians in America, even as she continued to take on such powerful figures as the oil companies and leaders of her own state party.

Ms. Palin, 44, has been the Joan of Arc of Alaska politics, charging into battle against long odds on such big local issues as oil taxes and construction of a natural gas pipeline -- only to see her opposition crumble.

Days after her 2006 primary victory, an FBI investigation into political corruption involving the oil industry and Republican legislators burst into view, with surprise raids of legislative offices. As criminal indictments and convictions followed, Ms. Palin's outsider status helped her maintain consistently sky-high approval ratings.

Though fearless in choosing the difficult outsider's path in politics, she remains relatively untested as a campaigner, a politician and as a two-year governor.

And even as she drew increasing attention nationally as a potential vice-presidential nominee in recent months, she has come under withering criticism at home from business-minded Republicans who consider her a misguided populist and an intellectual lightweight.

In one-on-one settings, her relaxed, no-bull manner has contributed to her popularity -- in a state of 670,000 residents, where such contacts are not only possible, but essential for political success. And state voters have also warmed to the outlines of her all-Alaskan biography.

She was born in Idaho and came to Alaska when she was 3 months old. She grew up in the town of Wasilla, a now-sprawling small town an hour north of Anchorage, where her father, Chuck Heath, was a local teacher and coach.

One of her most formative experiences, she has said, was leading her high school basketball team to the 1982 state championship. Ms. Palin played point guard and from her teammates earned the nickname "Sarah Barracuda."

Ms. Palin went on to study journalism and political science in college, graduating from the University of Idaho in 1987. Along the way, she competed in the Miss Alaska contest after being chosen Miss Wasilla 1984. In the Wasilla contest, she played the flute and also won the title of Miss Congeniality.

She grew up hunting with her father, whose living-room wall is densely populated with trophies and antlers. Her favorite meal, she said during her gubernatorial race, is moosemeat stew after a day of snowmachining.

She eloped in 1988 with her high school sweetheart, Todd Palin, who expands the family biography considerably. He is a commercial fisherman, an oil-field worker, a United Steelworkers member and an Alaska Native.

Todd Palin's grandmother grew up in a traditional Yup'ik Eskimo house in Bristol Bay and accompanied Ms. Palin in her race for governor as she sought support from Alaska Native voters. Ms. Palin has joined her family every summer fishing a commercial setnet site on the Nushagak River in Bristol Bay.

Mr. Palin has worked 20 years in a job for BP on Alaska's North Slope, where he has continued to work as a production operator. He is also a four-time winner of the Iron Dog snowmachine race from Anchorage to Nome and back along the Iditarod Trail. Since the election, Mr. Palin has remained in the background as "first dude," an expression his wife sometimes uses.

Ms. Palin made her way into local politics in 1992 on the city council, and then ran for mayor as an agent of change. Though she established a reputation as a tax-fighter, she actually increased the town's infrastructure spending on roads and sewers, helped by increased sales tax revenues coming to the booming commercial hub.

She has had the same luck as governor, a fiscal conservative in charge of a wealthy government -- this time because of high oil prices.

Ms. Palin finished a strong second in the 2002 primary for lieutenant governor. She was being groomed by her party for higher office when she ran afoul of state Republican Party Chairman Randy Ruedrich. They both had seats on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission -- appointed by Gov. Frank Murkowski, the Republican she would later depose. She accused Mr. Ruedrich of political chicanery and eventually resigned in frustration. He was forced to resign as well, though he remains head of the state party.

She later took on Mr. Murkowski's attorney general in a conflict-of-interest scandal that forced his resignation.

In 2006, she knocked off Mr. Murkowski and then Democratic former Gov. Tony Knowles in a campaign that drew on grass-roots support, relying for its staff on neighbors and friends rather than veterans of big-time campaigns.

She had strong support from social conservatives and often speaks of her religious faith. The Palins have five children, including their first-born, Track, who enlisted in the Army on Sept. 11, 2007. Track Palin is 18 and stationed now at Fort Wainwright in Alaska with the Stryker Brigade, but his mother said he is preparing for deployment to Iraq. They also have three daughters -- Bristol, Willow and Piper.

The newest family member, son Trig, was born four months ago, after a pregnancy Ms. Palin managed to keep secret for seven months. He was born with Down syndrome, which the Palins had learned of through testing.

But as governor, she has not pushed any big agenda items of social conservatives. Her focus has been on raising oil taxes -- long suppressed by oil-friendly legislators, the taxes seemed ridiculously low once oil prices started rising -- and on launching construction of a $40 billion natural-gas pipeline from North Slope oilfields.

Ms. Palin took on the oil producers there, saying they had been dragging their feet on a gas line, and she pushed the Legislature to pass a bill authorizing an independent firm to build it.

The Legislature's ongoing corruption scandal over the influence of former oilfield services firm Veco helped Ms. Palin force change in the Juneau state capitol. That scandal has now spread to include Alaska's two longtime powers in Congress, Sen. Ted Stevens and Rep. Don Young.

Ms. Palin has kept her distance from those GOP icons and backed ethics-reform measures the Legislature has passed.

Ms. Palin's clean image has lately taken a shot, however, over charges that she tried to use her office to get rid of an Alaska state trooper who had gone through a messy divorce with one of Ms. Palin's sisters. The governor denied any involvement but has conceded that a staff member made inappropriate calls.

The Legislature has hired a special investigator, with the strongest criticism coming from Republicans antagonized by Ms. Palin during the oil and gas battles of the past two years.

She already was under steady criticism from some quarters, including Anchorage conservative radio talk-show hosts and rental car executive Andrew Halcro, a former state representative who ran as an independent in the last governor's race, and who features almost-daily criticism of her on his blog. Critics call her naive, a panderer in her economic populism and reckless in her dealings with the vital oil industry.

But at a time when state coffers are spilling over with new oil revenues, Ms. Palin has remained popular with voters, recently pushing through a $1,200-per-person "rebate" to help with high fuel costs.
    First published on August 30, 2008 at 12:00 am
    http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08243/908257-176.stm

April
    Quote Originally Posted by alipacdude
    JEREMIAH WRIGHT,JEREMIAH WRIGHT,JEREMIAH WRIGHT!

Obama went to that church for 20 YEARS! How can you support someone who has his kids baptized by an obvious RACIST preacher?

Obama gets a pass because he is black. Political correctness and I am not buying into it one little bit!
    JUAN HERNANDEZ! JUAN HERNANDEZ! I am not buying into either one of them, OBAMA OR MCCAIN!!! IF people would stop choosing the lesser of two evils and make a stand by not voting or voting for a third party it would rock the boat. Voting for the "lesser of the two evils" is the same old same old and no amount of propoganda is going to change that! If and when Mc Cain is elected Palin will have no impact at all and we will not hear from her for 4 years. HE is using her!

Palin seems like a good choice, but, I believe she is being used as a pawn by McCain. Our two primary issues, illegal immigration and free trade/NWO, are items she has no position on. It is also understandable why she doesn't. It is very likely that she will be used to promote amnesty. He will only let her see the information that supports his position. If things go bad, he'll set her up to take the political fall for what is really his position. This government is so corrupt that they will burn her at the stake if she discovers the truth. Besides, we cannot fix the system by a piecemeal approach. The only way to fix it is by completely replacing its parts at the same time.

MW
    cayla99 wrote:

Taking into consideration McShames age and health, his VP choice will have an affect as to how I vote. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he will not make it through the full term. I want to know a whole lot more about this lady before I make up my mind.
    Yep, we're sharing the same thoughts.

One things for sure, I'd rather suffer through four years of McCain than eight years of Obama.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Qflash
    Palin seems like a good choice, but, I believe she is being used as a pawn by McCain. Our two primary issues, illegal immigration and free trade/NWO, are items she has no position on. It is also understandable why she doesn't. It is very likely that she will be used to promote amnesty. He will only let her see the information that supports his position. If things go bad, he'll set her up to take the political fall for what is really his position. This government is so corrupt that they will burn her at the stake if she discovers the truth. Besides, we cannot fix the system by a piecemeal approach. The only way to fix it is by completely replacing its parts at the same time.
    If this is true, I hope that nobody get's hoodwinked by it. We've been lied to FAR too many times. You may very well be right. At this point I am patiently waiting to see what her views on immigration are, and if she did, or still does admire Pat Buchanan. If she is not with us on immigration, and tries to distance herself from Pat, then there is no way this ticket gets my vote.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I thought she is a great choice myself.....though a surprise. At first look she seems great, but time will tell....

Atleast it's a breath of fresh air and not the same-old, same-old thing.
    I think she is a breath of fresh air. She is not a liberal or a coward. I found out she is a moose hunter. McCain will not be able to push her aside. I think America will love her just like Alaskans do. I was going to write in somebody/anybody and not vote for the lesser of the two evils, but I decided to vote for Sara Palin cause I want a conservative woman in the WH. I was depressed that Obama was thinking he was already in the WH. Now I feel like there is a chance maybe to save our country.

United We Stand
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qflash
    If this is true, I hope that nobody get's hoodwinked by it. We've been lied to FAR too many times. You may very well be right. At this point I am patiently waiting to see what her views on immigration are, and if she did, or still does admire Pat Buchanan. If she is not with us on immigration, and tries to distance herself from Pat, then there is no way this ticket gets my vote.
    I had never even heard of her, so for the last couple of days I have been doing some research. It appears that this woman is directly responsible for a number of resignations from her own party because she found and exposed corruption. I have also found articles that alluded that she is also behind the investigation into the corruption of senator "bridge to nowhere" Stevens. That being said, Stevens has endorsed her lol. As far as I am concerned, I am still undecided about her.

ARE THERE ANY ALIPACERS FROM ALASKA WHO COULD GIVE US A FEW OPINIONS?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    It is IMPORTANT to remember she is NOT going to be president if elected, she is going to be VP and with Mc Cain having the same mind set as Bush he is WILL be making the decisions. Mc Cain just had a check up and is in good health. It is hard to believe that people are making a decision as if she is going to have some real power. VERY few VP have any true power and most are just political figure heads. His handlers very likely picked her not him. He has a whole group making decisions on what will be the right move for him to win. It is all strategy. He likely had VERY little to do with the selection. Obama and McCain are cut from the same cloth and to insist one is better than the other is like saying bird poop is better than bat poop. Both are poop.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    It is IMPORTANT to remember she is NOT going to be president if elected, she is going to be VP and with Mc Cain having the same mind set as Bush he is WILL be making the decisions. Mc Cain just had a check up and is in good health. It is hard to believe that people are making a decision as if she is going to have some real power. VERY few VP have any true power and most are just political figure heads. His handlers very likely picked her not him. He has a whole group making decisions on what will be the right move for him to win. It is all strategy. He likely had VERY little to do with the selection. Obama and McCain are cut from the same cloth and to insist one is better than the other is like saying bird poop is better than bat poop. Both are poop.
    Bingo! As much as I like Palin (so far) this hit the nail on the head. At this point, Chuck Baldwin still has my vote. I don't want any part of an amnesty-therefore, I am voting third party. A vote for Palin is still a vote for McCain and a vote for McCain is endorsing an amnesty!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast