Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JAK
    I am finding it hard to trust this guy.........he scares me!!!!!!!!!!

I don't trust him on illegal immigration!!!!!!!!!! God ... please help us!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    It would be foolish to think everyone out there in our movement is going to support Romney

they will come up with a million reasons not to , thats understandable

In the end though they will have to pick from one of the last ones standing

Rudi?

Huck?

Remember , its your choice

JAK
    Rudi?

Huck?
    If these are my only choices.....I WON'T BE VOTING!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Rudi?

Huck?
    If these are my only choices.....I WON'T BE VOTING!!!!!!!
    Me either

I agree with others. Tom definitely made the RIGHT choice at the RIGHT time-----especially with the Gilchrist/Huckabee nightmare.

This DEFINITELY increases our chances of getting someone in office who will actually do something!!!!!

While Romney was in office in Massachusetts--long before this issue became as hot as it is now:

--He stopped illegals from getting drivers' licenses

--He stopped illegals from getting in-state tuition

--He gave the police the authority to assist ICE to arrest and deport illegals.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by brightmidnight
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Romney has never flip flopped on immigration that I can see

I have a massive amount of respect for Tancredo and he
    would never sell us out

This endorsment means that I bypass Hunter and
    Ron Paul and go straight to Romney

That would not have happened if Tancredo didn't endorse him
    Tancredo himself accused Romney of supporting amnesty at one time... this just doesn't make sense and isn't logical.
    Backroom deals were made.

How else would Tancredo, who once blasted Romney on illegal immigration - now supports him?

Trust me, back-room deals.

This IS NOT GOOD and like MW - we finally agree on something... lowers my respect for him. Tancredo is playing politics.

Tancredo endroses a CFR member! totally lame.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    I'm sad to see Tom dropping out, but now I am supporting Mr. Ron Paul.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

This is a real disappointment. He should've endorsed Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter. But, he's gotta do what he feels is best. I'm not a big fan of Romney personally.

Ostrich

Good choice by Tancredo. The writing is on the wall. Tancredo knows this issue and the politics of this better than us. And regarding the statements Romney made a few years ago, so what. Don't tell me you're surprised a politician changed his mind. Please.
    -----------

Tancredo drops bid for White House
    By MICHAEL J. CRUMB, Associated Press Writer
    December 20, 2007

Rep. Tom Tancredo dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday and endorsed rival Mitt Romney.

Tancredo, a five-term congressman from Colorado, had based his campaign on fighting illegal immigration and has run television ads that link lax border control to terrorist attacks, rape and other crimes. He has consistently polled at the bottom of the nine-person Republican field.

He announced his withdrawal two weeks before Iowa begins the presidential nominating process with the precinct caucuses.

Tancredo, who has consistently polled at the bottom of the nine-man Republican field, said he decided to drop out in part because of concern that his presence could split the vote for other candidates who have taken a hard line on immigration, helping those who would take a less restrictive approach.

"I fear remaining in this race, one which I cannot win, would contribute to the nomination of one of these candidates," he said.

Tancredo identified Mike Huckabee and John McCain as two Republican candidates whose records indicate they wouldn't be tough enough on immigration.

"We have done too much, we have come too far for me to allow that to happen," Tancredo said.

Romney was campaigning in Iowa and planned to make a statement later Thursday.

Tancredo said he and Romney met Thursday for more than an hour and he left the meeting convinced that the former Massachusetts governor would do what's necessary to fight illegal immigration.

None of the other candidates hit the issue as hard as Tancredo. One of his campaign ads showed a man in a hooded sweat shirt with a backpack in a crowded mall. The screen goes dark at the sound of an explosion, then shows clips of the aftermath of terrorist acts in Europe.

Dennis Goldford, a political science professor at Drake University in Des Moines, said Tancredo forced his GOP rivals to talk about immigration.

"What Tancredo has done is analogous to what a third-party candidate does," Goldford said. "They call attention to and articulate an issue that the other two main parties neglect or don't see" and then after forcing the issue they disappear.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_ ... r/tancredo

Obviously I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but Tancredo is one of the other GOP candidates I would have supported, so I'm really bummed to see him drop out. Hunter would be my next choice, but I'm afraid he might drop out too.

I won't support Romney or Huckabee, that's for sure.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast