Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo Drops Out----Is Endorsing Romney

Tancredo drops out, endorses Romney

"U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo announced today he's ending his long-shot bid for the White House.

The Colorado Republican made his exit from the race official at a press conference this afternoon in downtown Des Moines. He'll throw his support behind GOP candidate Mitt Romney, he said.

Tancredo's name was most associated with his fight against illegal immigration, one of the presidential election's most controversial issues. But his hard-line approach to curbing the unlawful migration of millions across the United States' southern border wasn't enough to vault him from the back of the GOP field.

He registered 6 percent support among likely Republican caucusgoers in the most recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... S/71220020
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

JAK
    Wow... really?

Wish there was a way to get Romney to sign a CONTRACT with the American people regarding illegal immigration! I am sick of being lied to and don't know what to think about this. Will he really be with us on immigration??? This election is so important we can't make a mistake on this one. If he would do what he says he will do... but how can we be sure!!! If they tell us one thing and do another or ignore us LIKE BUSH... our country is OVER!!!!!! DEAD!!!!!!! GONE!!!!!!!!

LOU... if you are reading this........WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I think he made the correct endorsement

He picked the strongest person on enforcement THAT HAS
    A CHANCE AT WINNING

Tom is smart and I now officially will back Romney

Banned
    Even a portion of Tancredo supporters will
    be enough now to push him into the lead

MW
    Tancredo drops out, endorses Romney
    You've got to be kidding me. I think this is an extremely bad choice. This definitely cuts into the huge amount of respect I had for Tancredo. Don't get me wrong, I still respect the man for what he has done up to this point. However, he has to know that Romney has flip-flopped on the immigration issue like a tuna out of water!

usanevada wrote:

Even a portion of Tancredo supporters will
    be enough now to push him into the lead
    I'm hopeful the Tancredo supporters will jump behind Duncan Hunter!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

THIS IS GREAT NEWS

Banned
    Romney has never flip flopped on immigration that I can see

I have a massive amount of respect for Tancredo and he
    would never sell us out

This endorsment means that I bypass Hunter and
    Ron Paul and go straight to Romney

That would not have happened if Tancredo didn't endorse him

I'm hopeful the Tancredo supporters will jump behind Duncan Hunter!
    Hunter will be dropping out soon as well.
    Tancredo was by far a bigger name then Hunter
    and had way more support IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Romney has never flip flopped on immigration that I can see

I have a massive amount of respect for Tancredo and he
    would never sell us out

This endorsment means that I bypass Hunter and
    Ron Paul and go straight to Romney

That would not have happened if Tancredo didn't endorse him
    Tancredo himself accused Romney of supporting amnesty at one time... this just doesn't make sense and isn't logical.

Yes Romney has flip flopped. This year he is for enforcement, and last year he supported the S. 2611 amnesty bill.
    Look at the bolded section. Like it or not folks, what flip flop is proposing IS amnesty.

Here's his most recent stance on immigration.

http://www.alipac.us/article-print-1737.html

Governor Mitt Romney: Another liar that supports Amnesty for illegals!
    Date: Tuesday, December 05 @ 16:52:44 CST
    Topic: Republican GOP Republicans immigration

Potential 2008 candidate for President, Mitt Romney, has recently illustrated for us all that he is a two faced liar and amnesty supporter. First, he claims he wants Massachusetts state police to have the power to enforce immigration law. Realizing that the new governor elect will not follow through with this plan, he makes the announcement before leaving office.

Then he comes out and says he is opposed to Amnesty but supports a path to citizenship for illegal aliens currently in the US.

Mitt Romney is a great example of why many conservative voters stayed home on election day in 2006. We realize that being a Governor or US Senator can go to someone's head, but when a person like Romney believes they can change the definition of words and terms simply because their mouth is running, we have a real problem.

Any voter that is concerned about illegal immigration would be well advised to avoid Mitt Romney as he has just completely blown any credibility he could have had by supporting and Amnesty path to citizenship for illegal aliens and again presenting the false assertion that we would have to immediately deport 12 million people (See How To Reverse Illegal Immigration In America).

------------------------------------

WASHINGTON -- Gov. Mitt Romney expressed support yesterday for an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal residents on the path toward citizenship, but criticized any form of "amnesty."

Speaking to reporters after a speech on education reform, Romney also invited outgoing White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, a Holbrook native, to challenge Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., in midterm elections this fall.

Romney's comments came as the Senate began heated debate on immigration reform. On Monday, the Judiciary Committee approved a controversial bill sponsored by Kennedy and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that would make 11 million illegal immigrants eligible for citizenship.

"I don't believe in amnesty," Romney said, using a word voiced by Republicans to describe widespread forgiveness of illegal residency in the United States.

But at the same time, Romney said illegal immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.

Topics: Mitt Romney, liars for Amnesty, illegal immigration, laws, Congress, Senate, President, Republican, Democrat, Open Borders, security, Americans, legal immigration.

12/2/2004
    The Lowell Sun

"I don't believe in rounding up 11 million people and forcing them at gunpoint from our country," Romney said. "With these 11 million people, let's have them registered, know who they are. Those who've been arrested or convicted of crimes shouldn't be here; those that are here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process towards application for citizenship, as they would from their home country."

The McCain-Kennedy bill would legalize the 11 million immigrants if they demonstrate they've paid taxes, can speak English, pass a civics test, pay $2,000 in fees and aren't criminals.

Massachusetts saw its illegal immigrant population increase from an estimated 55,000 people in 1990 to 200,000 people in 2004, according to a recent report by the Pew Hispanic Center

----------------------------------------------

Gov.-Elect To Review New Policy

BOSTON -- Gov.-elect Deval Patrick will review a new policy proposed by Gov. Mitt Romney for state troopers to be authorized to arrest illegal immigrants in Massachusetts.

Currently, troopers don't have the power to arrest people on immigration charges. That power rests with federal authorities.

Romney is expected to announce the new policy later this week. But an aide to Patrick said the move is designed to curry favor with conservatives across the country as Romney prepares for a possible presidential run in 2008.

Federal immigration officials said they would welcome the help from the state police. Under the plan, as many as three-dozen troopers would receive special training on immigration law and avoiding racial profiling.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast