Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There is not a shred of doubt in my mind that he could win the Presidency.
    I can't agree with you more!

I think he would/will win by a landslide.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

He looked quite handsome in person
    I met him in Las Cruces, NM last January. Best few hours I ever spent. And if Bay will campaign for him, he is a shoe in!

He was on Cavatu Monday. And when asked about running in 08, he smiled and said, he did not want to run,,,,but if he had to take it to that level, to put this Illegal Immigration issue at the number 1 or the number 2 spot, he would do what he had to do .
    I imagine that everywhere he goes, people ask him that same question--why doesn't he run. I know he was asked that in Las Cruces. Surely he knows that people revere him. I have a picture with him
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Tancredo's problem is going to be that the front-runners are determined in states that are farthest removed from the border problem, with the New Hampshire primary and the Iowa Caucus setting the tone. The first border state to hold a primary is California, and that's almost six weeks after New Hampshire's primary and some seven weeks after the Iowa Caucus. The first border state that's likely to be tough on immigration is Texas, and that's a week after CA.

The first border state that's likely to be tough on immigration is Texas
    You think TX is tough on immigration? But for two sheriffs who have to clean up the mess, not one single official had one word to say until after Chertoff and the president went to the border to "look" at the situation.

And even today, if you write to any of the candidates who are running for public offices and ask them their position on the border issues, they do a tap dance or ignore you entirely.

If TX were so tough on illegal immigration, do you think we would have 20 million illegals in this country today? TX has the longest border and most of it is wide open. I think all the governors of TX for the last fifty years have a whole lot ot answer for. And, don't forget, our current president was a former TX governor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    The first border state that's likely to be tough on immigration is Texas
    You think TX is tough on immigration? But for two sheriffs who have to clean up the mess, not one single official had one word to say until after Chertoff and the president went to the border to "look" at the situation.

And even today, if you write to any of the candidates who are running for public offices and ask them their position on the border issues, they do a tap dance or ignore you entirely.

If TX were so tough on illegal immigration, do you think we would have 20 million illegals in this country today? TX has the longest border and most of it is wide open. I think all the governors of TX for the last fifty years have a whole lot ot answer for. And, don't forget, our current president was a former TX governor.
    I am talking about voters likely to be voting in the primaries. The point was relative to Tancredo's having an impact on party policy via a presidential run. Do keep up.

Also, I disagree with your blanket characterization of Texas politicians. Two of the toughest fighters against illegal immigration in the House are Poe and Hensarling, both of whom are Texans.

As for Texas, as a state, having anything to do with the border situation, please remember that the border falls under federal jurisdiction under the Constitution. Control of the border is one of the enumerated powers delegated to the federal government and denied the states. Some states are using the fact that the federal government has abdicated its responsibility to control the border to begin intervening, but strictly speaking they are not legally (constitutionally) authorized to do so.

As for Texas, as a state, having anything to do with the border situation, please remember that the border falls under federal jurisdiction
    Crockett, you are right. But Texas knows how to ignore federal jurisdiction on other issues when it suits them. Seems to me the state gov't could sing a little louder and a little more often about that doggone border. The governor doesn't particularly give a darn because he has enough armed guards to protect his property. The Senators only recently started caring what the voters think at all and I still can't bring myself to trust Cornyn the Capricious. Hutchison is somebody's puppet and can't even speak for herself. Whoever writes her letters for her can't even keep straight who asked what so you can send her a letter about illegal aliens and get a response about the Insurance premiums! Now we have others running for governor who don't even have the guts to stand up and say what they would do to secure the border. I have personally written to them and not one has the guts to respond at all.

State and local laws provide them with drivers licenses, with souped up medical care for their kids, with food stamps and with other perks. State law enforcement turns a blind eye to thousands of employers who hire them. So pointing fingers at the federal government and saying it is ALL their fault that Texas has been invaded while Texas lawmakers sit on their asses and do nothing to help themselves is ludicrous to me. I've been across the border and back a time or two myself. Seems to me that state officials ought to be reporting the corrpution committed by federal employees every single day until it is cleaned up. Do they? Nope!

Yes, there are some TX state legislators and congressmen who are fighters. But it seems to me that ALL of them should be fighting-- not just those few. Too many state and local elected officials are first generation hispanics who pander to their relatives across the border these days. And they have a little club where they donate to get their relatives elected to even more public offices. That certainly sounds to me like an intent to take over.

I freely admit that, as an El Paso resident, where illegals rule the roost yet whine anyway (because they are too ignorant to know that fifty years ago they'd have suffered some pretty serious consequences for the things they are doing today,) I have a dim view of what local and state government officials allow. Sometimes it looks like the entire state is in favor of illegal aliens when, in fact, other residents are as acutely aware of the consequences of the invasion that is allowed by ALL governments, not just the Federal government. It is time to stop pointing fingers and just do whatever needs to be done to put a stop to it once and for all.

From what I have seen, two guys-- Lou Samniego and Arlen West-- elected law enforcement officials, are the only elected people who actually do anything to personally secure that border. The rest just talk about it and most are only talking now because they want to keep their jobs.

Sorry if I offended your TX loyalty by knocking the state with the longest border with Mexico and the littlest regard for the safety of the rest of the nation. I understand your fierce loyalty. My allegience, however, belongs to NC, whether or not I am living elsewhere. I'd like to NOT wake up one day and find it 51% illegals, like El Paso County, TX is today. Seems to me the border states have the primary responsibility for making sure they have done all they possibly can to stop the invasion.

And, believe me, the NC politicians are no better than the ones representing Texas. It's time to clean house all over this country and elect officials who care enough about this country to work together to defend it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Sorry if I offended your TX loyalty by knocking the state with the longest border with Mexico and the littlest regard for the safety of the rest of the nation. I understand your fierce loyalty. My allegience, however, belongs to NC, whether or not I am living elsewhere. I'd like to NOT wake up one day and find it 51% illegals, like El Paso County, TX is today. Seems to me the border states have the primary responsibility for making sure they have done all they possibly can to stop the invasion.
    Sorry, but I'm finding your rhetoric progressively harder to swallow. Calling Texas "the state with... the littlest regard for the safety of the rest of the nation," is patently absurd. Are you expecting me to believe that Texas has a worse record than California on immigration? Please!

As for the population makeup of El Paso, there is nothing Texas can do about that. The federal government sets immigration standards and quotas, and it was the federal government that allowed all those Mexicans to make the short move across the border to cities like El Paso. What do you want the state to do, set its own quotas and shoot any excess Mexicans? I can't for the life of me understand what it is you are advocating. Besides, many American cities with high Hispanic populations got that way because of the much higher birth rates of Hispanics, often owing to their Catholic upbringing. Again, that is something that local and state government can do little about unless you want to ditch the current system of government and set up a chairman and party like that in China to regulate the number of offspring allowed.

I would love to hear your real suggestions as to what the state government of Texas or other border states could and should do to reduce the number of illegals, but please make sure that whatever you advocate is not a violation of federal law. With the exception of California, it is federal law that has been the problem for the border states in dealing with this problem.

Are you expecting me to believe that Texas has a worse record than California on immigration? Please!
    Perhaps not worse because CA lets them in the ports from Asia as well stowed away on ships. But you can certainly not deny that TX has the longest border and therefore greater potential for illegal crossers. And you can't deny that TX has ignored the problem for decades until it got out of hand right along with NM, AZ and CA! And if you think I am so absurd, just don't read my posts. I don't think I'll stop saying what I think and reporting what I know for fact just because you find it absurd. I have to live in the middle of the invasion and I hold our elected officials from bottom to top responsible for it-- including those in Texas!

You knock "Catholic upbringing" and blame the population explosion on that. I think it is lack of morals, not religious upbringing. So, should the federal gov't ban Catholicism? Or should we spay and neuter people like they do animals?

I would love to hear your real suggestions as to what the state government of Texas or other border states could and should do to reduce the number of illegals, but please make sure that whatever you advocate is not a violation of federal law. With the exception of California, it is federal law that has been the problem for the border states in dealing with this problem
    I believe that the states should DEMAND that local and state law enforcement ask the people they come into contact with in routine traffic stops, when they stop speeders, drunk drivers, go to houses in response to civil complaints. But too many tell them NOT to ask. If they had asked, it would have erased the invitation for them to come here in the first place. Racial profiling is a joke in areas where the vast majority of the people are of one group. It only stands to reason that they will commit the most crimes. If nobody does anything to the illegals but slap them on the wrist and send them on their way, and they know nothing is going to happen to them, why not come here illegally?

When illegal aliens see that they aren't going to be tolerated, the word will get around. They won't be half so anxious to sneak in if they know they are going to be persecuted, prosecuted or whatever else might happen to them for their trouble. I am to a point where I am as insensitive to what happens to them as they are to what happens to Americans, if you want to know the truth.

I don't see is as a violation of any law or anyone's rights to enforce the laws. Why make laws if they won't be enforced? And when the mayors or city managers of the various cities start clamping down on the police chiefs and tell them to ENFORCE rather than ignore the law, things will start happening. Sheriffs West and Samniego can't do this alone. Others have to help, too. But, instead, we have various police chiefs, judges and other law enforcement officials (including former law enforcment officials who are now elected as legislators) on TV talking about how unfair we racist American citizens are to expect them to prosecute the illegal aliens as law breakers. Employers are another group that needs someone to wake them up by prosecuting them. That practice would take another huge bite out of the crime of illegal immigration.

25 years ago, the town of Garner, NC had one busload of migrant workers. I don't know if they were legal or illegal. I know they were a nuisance to store owners where they opened up jars of condiments and tasted the contents then put them back on the shelves. Ten years later, they had to stop keeping the K-Mart open 24 hours because the "Mexicans" were using it as a gathering place to drink and raise hell every night. By then, their numbers had increased dramatically because those migrants had sent money home to bring their families in. Many of those people crossed the border at cities like El Paso, Laredo, Brownsville. Texas cities. Has Texas, NM, AZ and CA law enforcement officials not been instructed to ignore the problem all those years, we wouldn't have 20 million illegal aliens who came across the Mexican border invading every city in this country today.

Yes, the Federal Government shares the responsibility. And now they need to put every soldier we have on the borders of this country instead of sending them to defend people who hate us. But the border states still can't ignore the problem and sit around pointing fingers while they do nothing.

Yes, the Federal Government shares the responsibility.
    No the federal government is responsible. We all wish more had been done in hindsight. Texas residents pay taxes to the federal government to protect our border so NC and Texas will be safe. Now, when their money is spent at the federal level on some other project, the citizens of Texas should step up with open wallets and protect NC? Not fair!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Yes, the Federal Government shares the responsibility.
    No the federal government is responsible. We all wish more had been done in hindsight. Texas residents pay taxes to the federal government to protect our border so NC and Texas will be safe. Now, when their money is spent at the federal level on some other project, the citizens of Texas should step up with open wallets and protect NC? Not fair!
    Exactly! And as far as the absurd notion that having local and state law enforcement ask for ID and locate illegals, what good does that do when they turn them over to INS only to have them released? There comes a point that the police are wasting their taxpayers' dollars holding aliens just long enough for the feds to release them.

Look, I have been over and over this issue with my local police department. I was livid when they refused to even arrest a hit and run driver who turned out to be an illegal and who did thousands of dollars worth of damage to my car. But the problem is that there is such a deluge that there simply is not enough room or money to jail all the illegal alien lawbreakers. When they are released on bail, they dematerialize. Unless and until the federal government will step up to the plate and deal with these interlopers, the only thing that strict enforcement by our local police forces will do is bankrupt our cities and drive our property taxes through the roof.

The federal government takes a HUGE chunk of our earnings. It engages in all sorts of activities not authorized by the Constitution but abdicates its responsibility for the few things it is actually required to do by that same Constitution. If want a culprit, you need look no further than the snake pit between Maryland and Virginia. This goes well beyond taxation without representation, because it amounts to outright fraud. The basis in law for taxation is the conduct of the business of the nation by that little corporate district. When it fails to perform its duties, and in fact abdicates those duties, it loses all legitimacy for its taxing and other powers.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast