Hey Crockett! I'm back.

Interesting. I have always been under the impression that the National Guard was a state-run outfit and that the US Army, Navy, AirForce and Marines as well as the Coast Guard were Federal Operations. I learned something new. Obviously, I was aware that whichever nitwit we put in office is the commander in chief, which is why I found the last presidential election so distasteful when I had to pick the least of the two evil men who sought the job.

Apparently, Perry isn't interested in any discourse with us low-life people from El Paso because he has never once responded to anything I asked or commented about to him. I find his whole demeanor offensive, to be perfectly honest. It is like El Paso doesn't even exist. Our news stations are more worried about Las Cruces or Juarez than El Paso most of the time and there certainly is nothing visible to instill local pride for Americans.

I have frequently heard Perry mention education but seldom the border, even though the two are interwined. The education system is messed up mostly because they try to teach kids in two different languages and therefore nobody can learn, I find it interesting that he won't just clamp down on the border of his own volition. Instead he pionts fingers at the federal government all the time and comes across as a whiner not a man of action in my eyes. Other governors have taken the initiative to stop the foreign invaders by cutting off benefits, excluding them from special priviliges, etc. Seems to me that Perry could do likewise and the majority of the people of the state would back him. If he doesn't, then he could be the next one replaced by an anchor baby whose entire agenda revolves around getting some more of his/her relatives into office. he should be telling the Supreme court to go to hell and enforcing the laws of this country while there still are laws if you ask me!

I'm glad you are enjoying the exchange because I am not against people speaking a true opinion about anything as long as it isn't just plain stupid or hateful remarks just for the sake of making them.