Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perry is starting to make a little noise now about the border problems but I'm sure he favors amnesty. He met once with a Mexican border governor probably to compare hair wax, but that's all he has done. We never did hear what these two rocket scientist came up with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Perry is starting to make a little noise now about the border problems but I'm sure he favors amnesty. He met once with a Mexican border governor probably to compare hair wax, but that's all he has done. We never did hear what these two rocket scientist came up with.
    I don't know that you are correct on that one. When I spoke with his office late last year, they assured me that he was very much concerned with the illegal alien problem but that he was attempting to make the feds do their job rather than trying an end-run. That may or may not have been hot air, but he has also insisted that Texas should receive the lion's share of National Guard troops in proportion with its share of the total border, and bucked Bush's plan of maintaining operational control of the Guard troops by stating that he would demand direct control of any troops operating in Texas.

In a state like Texas that has been so heavily infiltrated by a foreign enemy, a governor must be sufficiently shrewd in getting the job done so as not to unnecessarily raise the ire of the large Mexican voting bloc and lose the executive post to a Dem who is illegal-friendly. the Mexicans are already gaining operational control of some of our large cities and turning them into vipers' dens of corruption that cater to the illegals as though they are long-lost cousins.

Now, when their money is spent at the federal level on some other project, the citizens of Texas should step up with open wallets and protect NC? Not fair!
    And I don't suppose it is fair for Texas to defend their own border, either. Let's just sit on our royal asses and wait around for the Federal government to do something.

have you seen the Federal Gov't do anything? I sure haven't.

And if the Texas gov't doesn't feel like they have any responsibility, let's just give the whole darn state to the Mexicans and move on. Since TX governor would rather point fingers than support his law enforcement, I don't see where any of the other states have any obligation to bail TX out when they are overtaken completely.

I don't know that you are correct on that one. When I spoke with his office late last year, they assured me that he was very much concerned with the illegal alien problem but that he was attempting to make the feds do their job rather than trying an end-run.
    Oh yes! Perry has told that lie on the news quite frequently. He wants to absolve himself of any responsibility whatsoever. And he can attempt anything he wants to but the feds are obviously not listening. Good tap dancer, Pretty Boy Perry is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Now, when their money is spent at the federal level on some other project, the citizens of Texas should step up with open wallets and protect NC? Not fair!
    And I don't suppose it is fair for Texas to defend their own border, either. Let's just sit on our royal asses and wait around for the Federal government to do something.

have you seen the Federal Gov't do anything? I sure haven't.

And if the Texas gov't doesn't feel like they have any responsibility, let's just give the whole darn state to the Mexicans and move on. Since TX governor would rather point fingers than support his law enforcement, I don't see where any of the other states have any obligation to bail TX out when they are overtaken completely.

[quote:11lluoa8]I don't know that you are correct on that one. When I spoke with his office late last year, they assured me that he was very much concerned with the illegal alien problem but that he was attempting to make the feds do their job rather than trying an end-run.
    Oh yes! Perry has told that lie on the news quite frequently. He wants to absolve himself of any responsibility whatsoever. And he can attempt anything he wants to but the feds are obviously not listening. Good tap dancer, Pretty Boy Perry is.[/quote:11lluoa8]
    Junius, you failed to address the fact that Perry has demanded direct control of the NG supporting the Border Patrol in direct opposition to Bush's plan of having them answer directly to the feds. Perry has made this a non-negotiable demand. That's because he knows that the feds will use the NG as useless pawns in a political game while there is plenty of real work for them to do.

You are certainly free to dislike Perry and even to believe that he is not doing his job, but how about looking at the facts of what he is doing rather than tossing about hyperbole about his inaction?

Texas Governor Rick Perry Talks Border Security

Governor Rick Perry was in El Paso Wednesday. He talked about his 125 million dollar state plan to help bolster border security.

Perry said he believes Texas can not wait for the federal government to fund local law enforcement to help with border security, which is why he wants to use state funding to do so.

"We are making a dent in this, but the fact of the matter is we need more assistance, and we need it now," said Governor Rick Perry.

His three part plan includes "neighborhood watch" surveillance cameras

and better-funded border sheriffs and police departments.

Perry's plan, introduced last Thursday, allocates 20 million

dollars to continue and expand "Operation Rio Grande."

Sheriff Leo Samaniego from the El Paso Sheriff's Office says he appreciated the Governor's support.

"I like what he had to say, that the border is a dangerous place, there are a lot of things happening, a lot of crime being committed," Samaniego said.

It also means five million dollars for hundreds of

surveillance cameras to be placed on volunteer landowner's property.

Video from the cameras would be fed in real time 24 hours a day seven days a week for anyone to watch on the internet.

"The cameras will be set-up where people do not know where they are, there will not be definable landscapes behind them, and the fact of the matter is if they become definable, they will be moved," Governor Perry said.

The governor also plans to request another 100 million dollars

for border police departments during the 2007 legislative session.

He says this money will also help keep Operation Rio Grande going.

The pitch came one week after the Department of Homeland

Security announced a 31 percent drop in funding for Texas.

Copyright 2006 by KFOXTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I'm glad I have your permission to dislike Perry, Crockett. I was worried.
    Couldn't you see me shaking?

Pfft! just because Perry demands things doesn't mean he is going to get anything. Why would he have any control over the national guard? He wants the federal gov't to do it all, remember? He waited until election year to even START taking interest. Now he's just like the rest-- shooting off his mouth to try to look like he is doing anything.

And I hope you don't think that the national guard on the border (and so far as I know they are only in AZ and there are only 55 of the promised 6,000!) are actually going to do anything. If they had orders to do something that would put the fear of God into those border crossers it would be different. But all it is is a big show.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Pfft! just because Perry demands things doesn't mean he is going to get anything. Why would he have any control over the national guard?
    The governor would have control of the National Guard because, since the creation of the Guard as it exists today, it is the de facto state militia and is answerable first and foremost to the governor of the state from which it hails.

You post an article in which it is evident that not only is Perry taking action, but that action is supported by one of the toughest sheriffs on illegal immigration, yet you somehow expect that this article proves your point? I'm trying to get a grip on your thought processes, Junius, but you've got me confounded...

Governor Rick Perry was in El Paso Wednesday. He talked about his 125 million dollar state plan to help bolster border security.

Perry said he believes Texas can not wait for the federal government to fund local law enforcement to help with border security, which is why he wants to use state funding to do so.
    There we have it. Thanks to the citizens of Texas for paying the federal government for protection that they don't receive. Thank you again for digging in those wallets to supply that protection on their own.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Pfft! just because Perry demands things doesn't mean he is going to get anything. Why would he have any control over the national guard?
    The governor would have control of the National Guard because, since the creation of the Guard as it exists today, it is the de facto state militia and is answerable first and foremost to the governor of the state from which it hails.

You post an article in which it is evident that not only is Perry taking action, but that action is supported by one of the toughest sheriffs on illegal immigration, yet you somehow expect that this article proves your point? I'm trying to get a grip on your thought processes, Junius, but you've got me confounded...
    PERRY is a bush lackey & a snake and hasn't done the smallest thing to protect Texas in the past.

This little action is a well thought out political strategy.......isn't he up for re:election? He's a sneak and only doing what is going to help bush and perry get their ultimate goal.

He's on the record supporting the ILLEGALS and big business, not Texans.

MW
    Too many state and local elected officials are first generation hispanics who pander to their relatives across the border these days.
    There is certainly a lot of truth to that statement.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would love to hear your real suggestions as to what the state government of Texas or other border states could and should do to reduce the number of illegals, but please make sure that whatever you advocate is not a violation of federal law.
    For what it's worth, the first thing Perry should have done was declare a state of emergency, which would allow TX to tap into disaster funding. Bill Richardson did it in NM, as did Napolitano in AZ.

Also, Perry's going to ask the Texas Legislature next year to authorize $100 million for body armor, four-wheel drive vehicles and night-vision goggles for sheriffs and Border Patrol.

Great plan, but he should have done it about six years ago. Rep. Jeb Hensarling is really on this issue, though, and I'm counting on him in the upcoming conferee meeting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast