Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judy I don't mean to be arguementive about this but I do want you to read what Ron Paul says about taxes.

He does not support Fairtax but instead has filed his Liberty Amendment to stop all income taxes.

Johnwk I think you would enjoy this too.

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/taxes/
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Judy I don't mean to be arguementive about this but I do want you to read what Ron Paul says about taxes.

He does not support Fairtax but instead has filed his Liberty Amendment to stop all income taxes.

Thank you, USPatriot, but you aren't being argumentative. Ron Paul says in his article what I said he said which is he will support the FairTax if it gets to the floor of the US House of Representatives. He will also support the sister legislation to repeal the 16th Amendment. If he wants to cut government spending by 45%, God Bless Him, I mean don't we all want to do that? And just as soon as someone figures out how to do that, I'm sure we will. When that is achieved, we can cut the 14.91% general revenue portion of the 23% FairTax 45% to 8.02% which would reduce the total FairTax rate to 16.29%.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Thank you, USPatriot, but you aren't being argumentative. Ron Paul says in his article what I said he said which is he will support the FairTax if it gets to the floor of the US House of Representatives. He will also support the sister legislation to repeal the 16th Amendment. If he wants to cut government spending by 45%, God Bless Him, I mean don't we all want to do that? And just as soon as someone figures out how to do that, I'm sure we will. When that is achieved, we can cut the 14.91% general revenue portion of the 23% FairTax 45% to 8.02% which would reduce the total FairTax rate to 16.29%.
    Judy Ron Paul said he didn't want any tax. He did say he would vote for it if he had no other choice but he really does not want to and he made that very clear.

He once strongly supported Fairtax but has backed way off. In fact I remember when he was a Presidential Candidate he said he had changed his mind about the FairTax.

Have you read his Revolution book ? What a great American and honest too.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Judy Ron Paul said he didn't want any tax. He did say he would vote for it if he had no other choice but he really does not want to and he made that very clear.

He once strongly supported Fairtax but has backed way off. In fact I remember when he was a Presidential Candidate he said he had changed his mind about the FairTax.

Have you read his Revolution book ? What a great American and honest too.
    In the 4 years I've been studying, following and lobbying the FairTax, Ron Paul has never strongly supported the FairTax. He's never been a sponsor, and he's never signed the pledge as a supporter with Americans for Fair Taxation. But, he has always said if it gets to the floor of the US House of Representatives he'll vote for it.

I like Ron Paul, although I don't agree with him on everything. I even voted for him for President in the Republican primary in 2008. Ron Paul will vote for the FairTax when it hits the floor. He's said he would for years, and I believe him to be a man of his word.

As to other choices, there aren't any. The FairTax is the only viable option to the present system.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just got to insert my two cents worth...

There is a difference between the "Fair Tax" and the "Flat Tax".

Regardless of what the administration or anyone else says about the "Fair Tax", it isn't what has been published by the "lame stream" media. Again, it is a case of "do what I say, not as I do" and the "Fair Tax" will turn into something that will become a monster in it's own right. What will happen (as many analysts see it) is that those who currently pay taxes (some 49% of the country) will start being burdened with the additional cost(s) of everyone else (just like healthcare and financial reform has done). This will give Government the right to increase the level of taxes based upon gross pay. Can you imagine what will happen to a family of 4 making $150K per year? They would only probably take home about $60K (by some analyst calculations) if this were to go into affect.

I support a "Flat Tax" whereby every wage earner (including those on welfare) will give up a set percentage (no matter what their income) for a single source tax. For example, if the Tax rate was set at 20%, a family making $100K would pay $20K in taxes, no exceptions, no write offs, no nothing. This applies to businesses also, so that while a business gets a state exemption, they still have to pay a set amount. A family making approx $50K would pay $10K, and so on...My first take on this would be to set the percentage at 15%, and make it law to only be able to raise and lower by 3% annually by legislation (to keep the crooks in the capitol's hands out of the perverbial cookie jar).

Why do I think this distinction is important? Government has already abused their powers making legislation that will cost you many more $$'s in the future (Health Care, Financial Reform, etc) with bills that have nothing to do with which they were entitled, but a "Flat Tax" can not be manipulated without anyone noticing (once placed in effect)...AND...the IRS can be downsized and almost put out of existance (read: Less Government spending), and there would be a set amount of taxation that the Government can use to pay the National Debt and Bills...

The choice is obvious, but I'm sure that most of you would believe the current administration...maybe you would also like "Cap & Trade" legislation? Come on folks...wake up!
    "Throw every eligible*politician out of the Federal Govenment this November!* If their replacement doesn't do the job, then throw them out the next go around."

Quote Originally Posted by manlyva153
    Just got to insert my two cents worth...

There is a difference between the "Fair Tax" and the "Flat Tax".

Regardless of what the administration or anyone else says about the "Fair Tax", it isn't what has been published by the "lame stream" media. Again, it is a case of "do what I say, not as I do" and the "Fair Tax" will turn into something that will become a monster in it's own right. What will happen (as many analysts see it) is that those who currently pay taxes (some 49% of the country) will start being burdened with the additional cost(s) of everyone else (just like healthcare and financial reform has done). This will give Government the right to increase the level of taxes based upon gross pay. Can you imagine what will happen to a family of 4 making $150K per year? They would only probably take home about $60K (by some analyst calculations) if this were to go into affect.

I support a "Flat Tax" whereby every wage earner (including those on welfare) will give up a set percentage (no matter what their income) for a single source tax. For example, if the Tax rate was set at 20%, a family making $100K would pay $20K in taxes, no exceptions, no write offs, no nothing. This applies to businesses also, so that while a business gets a state exemption, they still have to pay a set amount. A family making approx $50K would pay $10K, and so on...My first take on this would be to set the percentage at 15%, and make it law to only be able to raise and lower by 3% annually by legislation (to keep the crooks in the capitol's hands out of the perverbial cookie jar).

Why do I think this distinction is important? Government has already abused their powers making legislation that will cost you many more $$'s in the future (Health Care, Financial Reform, etc) with bills that have nothing to do with which they were entitled, but a "Flat Tax" can not be manipulated without anyone noticing (once placed in effect)...AND...the IRS can be downsized and almost put out of existance (read: Less Government spending), and there would be a set amount of taxation that the Government can use to pay the National Debt and Bills...

The choice is obvious, but I'm sure that most of you would believe the current administration...maybe you would also like "Cap & Trade" legislation? Come on folks...wake up!
    This Administration opposes the FairTax. You're confusing the national sales tax that the Administration says it is considering promoting in addition to the income-based tax system. That is not the FairTax.

The "lame stream media" so far hasn't reported one accurate thing about the FairTax. To learn abut the FairTax, one has to read the legislation and apply it to individuals, retirees, small businesses, large corporations, and so forth to understand how it works and why people support it.

Also, no one can manipulate the FairTax without noticing. What you pay is on every receipt for every purchase of new goods and services, as a matter of law and it can't change without an act of Congress.

Finally, the FairTax has nothing to do with gross pay. It taxes new goods and services one time at the time of purchase, not gross pay. The flat income tax rate is still a mandated income tax and all the flat tax legislations have personal deductions. The FairTax is a voluntary tax, where you decide how much you pay based upon your purchase decisions above the poverty level.

www.fairtax.org

The FairTax is the only viable option to the present system.

How sweet of you Judy to cast aside a return to our founding father’s carefully thought out original tax plan which would accomplish the stated goals of the alleged fair tax, but without the dependency gimmick of a family consumption allowance, nor the creation of two new tax collecting agencies.

The only tax reform needed is to add the following 32 words to our Constitution:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

JWK

If we can make the majority of America’s families dependent upon a federal government check, [the alleged fair tax’s family consumption allowance] we can then bribe them for their vote, keep ourselves in power and keep the remaining portion of America’s working population enslaved to pay the bills ___Our Washington Establishment’s Marxist game plan, a plan to establish a federal plantation and redistribute the bread which America’s labor and business has earned.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk
    The FairTax is the only viable option to the present system.

How sweet of you Judy to cast aside a return to our founding father’s carefully thought out original tax plan which would accomplish the stated goals of the alleged fair tax, but without the dependency gimmick of a family consumption allowance, nor the creation of two new tax collecting agencies.

The only tax reform needed is to add the following 32 words to our Constitution:

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

JWK

If we can make the majority of America’s families dependent upon a federal government check, [the alleged fair tax’s family consumption allowance] we can then bribe them for their vote, keep ourselves in power and keep the remaining portion of America’s working population enslaved to pay the bills ___Our Washington Establishment’s Marxist game plan, a plan to establish a federal plantation and redistribute the bread which America’s labor and business has earned.
    Jwk, do you not understand that every US citizen is eligible for the Rebate? Whether you're a Kennedy , Gates or a Walton or a United Auto Worker, Retired Senior Citizen, Disabled Veterans or a Homeless Person? Why do you think a Rebate of FairTaxes based on the amount of money anyone spends on essentials up to the poverty line makes someone dependent on a federal government check or creates a voting block for redistribution when all it does is exempt essentials up to the poverty line for everyone?

There's really no other way to do it. People who have wanted to replace the income based system with a sales tax haven't been able to achieve that over the years because they couldn't figure out how to exempt necessities from the tax for everyone. The people who came up with the idea of a Rebate, a free market enterprise concept by the way, were brilliant because they figured out a simple and easy way to do it. And the Rebate won't actually be a "government check" anyway. For most it will be a direct deposit or put on a Smart Card for them. You can request a check, only if you want to have to traipse to the bank or a check cashing place every month to cash it.

Some people who at first didn't understand the Rebate liked the FairTax but for that. The reason the FairTax has a Rebate procedure in it, is because it's the best way so far to exempt necessities and if necessities aren't exempted, then it won't pass, because it's not politically feasible.

I mean even "Devvy" is already complaining that she doesn't want to pay federal tax on her food or internet sales, even though she pays it every day through the income tax.

The debate over the FairTax is just like the debates on stopping illegal immigration. There is a great deal of self-interest lobbies trying to maintain the income based system, a number of people who don't understand taxes to begin with, and another group who listen to the former 2 groups instead of reading the bill and applying it to their own situation to see how it actually works for them.

I'm confident that the rock of reason will prevail on the FairTax, as it always does eventually on everything in our country. But the sooner we unite on this and get it passed, the sooner the benefits will be realized by our economy, the sooner our companies will return to the US, the sooner real job growth will be generated through our production sector, the sooner real earned income will increase so people can sustain themselves, and the sooner we can cut government spending because people have jobs and all the income they earned to sustain themselves without government subsistence programs.

As to the original tax plan, the FairTax IS the original tax plan because it embodies everything our nation was founded on including among them, states rights, personal liberty and a federal government that is controlled lock, stock and barrel by the people of the United States.

www.fairtax.org

USPatriot, I've just picked myself up off the floor after reading this revelation on another website and wasn't sure what to do with it. FYI! Let me know if you're as shocked as I am.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/23/ron-paul-ny-mosque/

[quote]Ron Paul breaks with GOP on New York mosque: The opposition ‘is all about hate and Islamaphobia.’

Ron-Paul In strongly-worded statement released today, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), a tea party favorite and perennial GOP presidential candidate, strongly condemned his “fellow conservativesâ€

Count me in for the FAIRTAX!

I do not know enough about any plan Ron Paul has or the State Rate Tax Plan (?) to oppose either. However, if the Founding Fathers came up with it that is one heck of an endorsement and I would suggest that to do anything different should require a Constitutional Amendment. The Income Tax unfortunately enjoys such status and any other scheme should as well.

As for the FLAT TAX, I will fight that as hard as I have illegal immigration. The Flat Tax maintains the status quo with regards to WHO gets taxed and how. I want illegal aliens, pimps and under the table labor to pay their fair share instead of just the average working person doing so. That being said, I do at least philosophically agree with a previous poster about the best way to impliment such a plan. Why should any labor for any reason be taxed at a different rate than another. And I am real tired of the social engineering efforts of Congress, so eliminating all exemptions/deductions, particulalry for real estate price increasing mortgage interest, would be wonderful!

How is the status quo working for the nation?

It looks like FairTax or bust to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast