Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Let me repeat. If anyone is here illegally, they need to leave or be deported. I don't care how many anchor babies they have. That was their choice, not America's.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Illegal immigrants from Ireland (most of them living in New York) speak English so they've assimilated for the most part no? Why would you want to deport them? Your main issue seems to be with the illegals who don't want to learn English or assimilate.
    I don't care if they are fluent in English, and speak 5 other languages; if they are illegal, they have not earned the right to live in this country.
    So all those Irish living in New York who are here illegally, who probably have children should just be shipped back to their country like that. I mean, they probably don't have a home to go back to. Their home is here and they've made a life for themselves here, their children have too. But because they're illegal, never mind the fact that them and their children have most likely assimilated to this country, should just be booted out huh.

The op seems mostly concerned with the assimilation aspect, not the illegality of the issue. That's who I was addressing. You may see things differently than the OP.
    I oppose illegal immigration; and everyone I know who also oppose this invasion do so because of the illegality. The assimilation aspect of this issue is simply a byproduct of their sense of entitlement and arrogance. It is an additional irritant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Illegal immigrants from Ireland (most of them living in New York) speak English so they've assimilated for the most part no? Why would you want to deport them? Your main issue seems to be with the illegals who don't want to learn English or assimilate.
    I don't care if they are fluent in English, and speak 5 other languages; if they are illegal, they have not earned the right to live in this country.
    So all those Irish living in New York who are here illegally, who probably have children should just be shipped back to their country like that. I mean, they probably don't have a home to go back to. Their home is here and they've made a life for themselves here, their children have too. But because they're illegal, never mind the fact that them and their children have most likely assimilated to this country, should just be booted out huh.

The op seems mostly concerned with the assimilation aspect, not the illegality of the issue. That's who I was addressing. You may see things differently than the OP.
    Back to the Emerald Isle with 'em, ALL of them.

GFC
    A prospering economy in Ireland, an on-going state effort to verify driver’s licenses and increased security since the 9/11 terror attacks have forced local illegal Irish immigrants to return to Ireland.

Some illegal Irish immigrants are leaving because of a New York Department of Motor Vehicle campaign to verify drivers licenses by requiring a valid Social Security number. Illegal immigrants cannot legally obtain valid Social Security numbers.

The Irish government does not keep track of why its citizens are returning to Ireland or from which country they return. In April 2005 Ireland’s Central Statistics Office reported that since 1996 about 218,800 Irish have returned to Ireland, with an estimated 19,000 returning last year.

Ireland’s population is 3.9 million.

See, enforcement works.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So if they don't do any of that then they do deserve to be here??? I know an illegal immigrant family who respects the American flag (does not fly the Mex flag), try to speak English with me (an their neighbors), respect the other ethnicities, and try to assimilate. This family does not seem to fit your stereotype so then they should stay here huh?
    If you know this is an illegal alien family, why haven't you advised them to go back to their country to apply to come back legally?

MW
    flashman wrote:

So if they don't do any of that then they do deserve to be here??? I know an illegal immigrant family who respects the American flag (does not fly the Mex flag), try to speak English with me (an their neighbors), respect the other ethnicities, and try to assimilate. This family does not seem to fit your stereotype so then they should stay here huh?
    You seem to be ignoring the "rule of law" aspect of the situation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I will take this question. I am married to a LEGAL immigrant from Ireland, I just returned from the Emerald Isle yesterday. Yes the Irish speak English. Yes most of them do want to assimilate. I think the Irish are a wonderful people.

That being said, you could not possibly know the hoops my hubby and I had to jump through. I had to sign away a number of my rights when he came over. It cost us a lot, both emotionally and financially. It was worth every penny too

After going through all of that, why should I support ANYBODY who breaks my country's laws, by passes all of the fun and games we endured, "borrows" social security numbers of innocent citizens and wants the world handed to them on a silver platter?

I debated this very issue with my in laws while I was out there. Ireland herself is having an illegal immigrant problem with the Poles and Lithuanians. When put in the same context, they have changed their minds about the Irish who are here illegally.

Illegal is illegal is illegal. I don't care what color they are, what God they worship, what language they speak. They should not be allowed to begin their careers in the USA by breaking our laws. I also believe that it should be a requirement of getting a green card to either speak English, or enroll in classes, at the immigrants expense, to learn English. I think work places should be English only, and if you are going to be immigrating here, you NEVER hang your old country's flag above "ol' Glory".
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Did you know in Vegas you need to speak spanish to get almost any service sector job here
    This is why Ensign is wishy washy on IAs.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Anyone who is in this country illegally needs to leave or be deorted. Anyone who is in this country legally, should assimilate and learn English or think about why you wanted to be here in the first place. Simple as that. To be a citizen, you need to learn the language and assimilate into our culture, not come here and force your language or culture on others.
    Makes since to me that if you are a illegal criminal you might want to learn English and blend in as much as possible. That might lesson your chance of someone suspecting you are not here legally. Of course most of the illegal criminals that come here have less than a high school education.

I agree, deport them all. Let them come back when they can figure out how to follow our laws.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast