Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh, Elizabeth, what a way to live.

Of course, if something isn't done, it is coming to us all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    trixie, I just have to think God did not make a mistake putting us here. It must be for a good reason, that's the only reason I am patient with our living condition, not that we are not working on moving though!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Elizabeth, you know I am upset about this - and it is affecting my life in many ways. On a personal level, it is mostly financial as I can stay out here in the country and not see them much, although I understand they are moving into this community. That might become a problem.

My grandchildren's education concerns me, although they all seem to be at the top or near the top on all the tests (whatever that truly means anymore).

It is hurting me to see the small towns, the schools, etc., given over to them.

We visited our grandson's school today and in the lobby was a table with pamphlets for parents. The sign over the table for the parents was in English and Spanish. I didn't notice, but I would be willing to be half the pamphlets are in Spanish.

Those things bother me. I want my grandchildren to have a better country that I had - and that is just not going to happen. They may not even have a country as things are going.

I feel so fortunate, so far, that it is just a little removed from my doorstep really. If I don't want to deal with them directly, I can pretty much avoid them. That might mean curtailing what I want to do - but that is possible, being the old fogeys we are. I just feel for those of you who are actually having to live among them.

You are in my thoughts a lot (I have read all y our adventures) - and wish the best for you and your family.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks trixie. I have the firm belief that this time we have lived here and dealt with this problem up close, will have a purpose. They used to call it "Providence".

When we moved here, we were pretty naive about this issue, our son was 9 and a very quiet and passive kid, our daughter was 5. Our son has become outspoken and willing to do what it takes to stand up to the things that are wrong, he is now 13. Our daughter is not almost 9 and has become more "defensive" of herself when being picked on and will tell these kids not to bother her.

My once non-confrontational husband has become confrontational (as needed, but he really is more bark than bite, I'm the one who is more bite than bark, they never see me coming in for the attack!LOL). So this has been a real big growing experience.

I keep thinking this has been training for our kids for the future, things they will have to lead on maybe, they will have this experience to fall back on.

Nothing is without a purpose in this life.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12