Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by mdillon1172
    I think this Peruvian story only confirms that US companies and their "consultants (Indian and American headhunters) DO NOT FIRST LOOK to US and LEGAL RESIDENTS to fill their jobs.... why? not that they can't find them, they don't want to find them... why? because they have to pay them the PREVAILING US WAGE.... imported newbies can be "controlled"...
    corruption worthy of a third world country...
    I have to disagree. I think if anything the article illustrates the deficiencies of the family/diversity/refugee based immigration system. It is also food for thought given the recent proposal of a points based system that does not rely on employer sponsorship.

As the article states these immigrants face issues landing a job because -

1. They have poor communication skills.
    2. Have limited understanding of Corporate America.
    3. Don't have a network they can use to learn about open positions.

To add to this some professions like the medical profession have stringent licensing or regulatory requirements where credentials from abroad are not recognized in the US.

Now contrast this with the situation for employment based immigration. By definition, everyone immigrating through the employment based system has an assured full time job waiting for them as soon as they get a green card. This means that EB immigrants have already tackled the communication and other issues that hinder other immigrants. So the people coming immigrating through the EB categories are inherently better prepared to succeed in the employment market.

neodyn55 wrote:
    Randomly accusing these people, some of whom I'm friends with, of something akin to treason is offensive to me.
    millere wrote:
    Why are you afraid to admit that you are from India?
    Thanks for confirming that you made unreasonable statements about people without any basis. And that meaningful debate with you is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by neodyn55
    neodyn55 wrote:
    Randomly accusing these people, some of whom I'm friends with, of something akin to treason is offensive to me.
    [quote:1vtxucg7]millere wrote:
    Why are you afraid to admit that you are from India?
    Thanks for confirming that you made unreasonable statements about people without any basis. And that meaningful debate with you is impossible.[/quote:1vtxucg7]

Are you from India?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234