Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

For those of you who think H1B's aren't a problem

I managed to get a second job, at the last minute, teaching only because the H1B visa fell through at the last minute for the person they wanted to hire.

The college apparently hires loads of H1B's. As a matter of fact for most positions they go to H1B's as a FIRST resort, not last.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Which college?

Sam-I-am, could you elaborate a little on this subject? It seems as though this has affected you personally so you must have given this area some thought.

Is it because of economic reasons that this school goes to the H1B's first?

Is our educational system in this country not producing enough professionals to fill these positions?

Any other comments that might affect this area?

"an atheistic mind is already three-fourths conquered."

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout

Is our educational system in this country not producing enough professionals to fill these positions?

"an atheistic mind is already three-fourths conquered."
    All universities which receive funding from the state and federal government can elect to hire H1-Bs as employees using those funds as they were originally supplied by college tuition and the American taxpayer. The H1-B positions typically lock out American citizens because of political correctness. American citizens graduate in the fields needed for these positions, but university hiring officials claim that they need a more "diverse" hiring pool and the claim that Americans are not qualified for these positions is completely false. This system essentially forces the American taxpayer to fund a hiring system that locks out the children of tax-payers and brings in undeserving foreigners to take these job positions. Remember that the next time a university fund drive asks you for money. Can they guarantee that American citizens are given equal opportunity to apply for these positions? Isn't it against the law for a publicy funded entity to enage in this type of discrimination?

Thanks for your input here millere.

I can attest - having spent a good 8 years or so in the public university system, what you said is so true (although, I'll admit that it's been 15 years ago for yours truly). Universities are a big problem in the H1b and country-of-origin discrimination against American graduate citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: For those of you who think H1B's aren't a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    The college apparently hires loads of H1B's. As a matter of fact for most positions they go to H1B's as a FIRST resort, not last.
    Could these be people be Teaching Assistants and not on a H1B?

What staffing company does the college recruit through? If they are hiring H1Bs as a FIRST resort, its probably because the staffing company is feeding them those candidates.

Thanks millere and PhredE,

I appreciate the input. If what I am hearing is correct,,,,,this sound a little suicidial, or communistic in nature, moreso than just a diversity hunt. Sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It seems easier psychologically, to follow the "money trail" as opposed to trying to figure out the "politically correct" crowd.

Thanks again for the insight.

"the pen is mightier than the sword."

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Sam-I-am, could you elaborate a little on this subject? It seems as though this has affected you personally so you must have given this area some thought.

Roundabout, consider all the Instructors and TA's in any given undergraduate school. What percentage are English-speaking-challenged? How many times have you heard students say that they must put forth extra effort just to comprehend what such teachers are saying?

Don't you think that for each of these, there is at least one fluent English-speaking American native who could be "teaching the book" and communicating more knowledge than the foreigner?

There is a bias here against American native teachers, and it is working against the students and their education.

The H1-B Visa Program is a Sham

New H1B Scandal - Tax Evasion!

Programmer's Guild Wants Feds to Open H1B Request Data

YouTube-Gate: Cohen & Grigsby train how to NOT hire qualified Americans

Oppose the H1B Technical Visa Program!

Are Programmers the Coal Miners of the 21st Century?

SKILL Act of 2006 designed to devastate the careers of American professionals

Horrifying Story of Indian H1b worker...Everybody beware!!

Computech Agrees to Pay $2.65M in H-1B Worker Case to settle U.S. Dept. of Labor complaint
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Thanks Minuteman, Your links helped alot to clarify the debate on these H1B visas.

Back to the "money trail."

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

Re: For those of you who think H1B's aren't a problem

Quote Originally Posted by win2lin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Could these be people be Teaching Assistants and not on a H1B?

What staffing company does the college recruit through? If they are hiring H1Bs as a FIRST resort, its probably because the staffing company is feeding them those candidates.
    There are no staffing companies involved in this. The positions talked about are advertised directly to the community by the university. Sometimes a foreign student will be allowed to stay at a university and work as a research or teaching assistant after he graduates by filling out paperwork that let's him stay and work in the US. I once read that universities are allowed to hire more H1-Bs than the federal cap allows by getting 'additional' H1-Bs so the entire story about the H1-B visa cap is not being told.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast