Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unfortunately the non-working parasites of society have all the time in the world to march around expressing their selfish opinions, which often makes them appear to be the majority. It can't be helped...a man who works 10, 12 or more hours a day can only depend on his wife or adult children to attend these events.
    I agree...sometimes being a man means NOT going out and protesting and instead putting the needs of that family first. However, where that is the case, we can still teach others, still give family members things to read, still send others to websites, still have our family learn history, or learn about politics and current events. There are many ways that we can empower our families, and our relatives, so that the strength of each family can be increased.

One of the best things that men can pass on to younger men in the family is the expectation that they will be leaders, that they need to be leaders and that they need to right away start learning how to do this.

The old idea of men helping other men is largely what the point was of the original post, so steps in that direction are progress.

I think its going to take some time for men to wake up and learn to disregard the messages that they hear from the culture that seems to teach that any positive male example or male leadership is somehow "inherently" a problem. That's just a lot of propaganda, but it seems to permeate almost all of the mainstream culture.

-
    Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

I stand firmly by my post that seems to have inflamed a few of you.

First of all I'm NOT making excuses for myself. I used to be one of those workaholics who didn't have time for anything else, but that's no longer the case. I'm now crippled from a motorcycle accident and unemployable as a result. I have a good bit of free time and use it as best I can, which includes writing to senators and congressmen about these important issues. In my opinion, a lot of well-aimed, intelligent letters and emails are far more valuable than standing around on the street corner holding a sign, but that's just my own opinion.

Maybe that's just my own rationalization to make me feel better about not having a leg to stand on, so to speak. All of us individuals, together doing each our own parts, make the whole machine run smoothly.

Wemp, I'm sure, is doing something of value in his own way, but the machine is probably more efficient without him writing to government officials. I doubt they'd be real receptive to his bullying and bragging techniques. All of that Marine, Marine, I'm a Marine, semper-fi, gung-ho blah blah might impress kids and women, but I've been on this planet a long time. I've met hundreds of punks with lots left to prove and here's a fact...Not to bash all ex-Marines, as there are lots and lots of quiet, mature, self-confident ones that live their lives with class and sincerety...but I've fought several of the loud-mouthed banty-rooster types with the stickers all over their windows (literally & figuratively) and not one of them has ever whipped me.

The only one that ever really hurt me was one who came up behind me and round-housed me with a half-full whiskey bottle to the side of my head right after I knocked out his buddy. It split my ear in half and put me to my knees for a couple of seconds but I jumped back up and turned around, and guess what? He was gone. I never even saw his face.

So, if you want to impress each-other by sitting back and pounding out lines about John Wayne and "real men" on your keyboards, just remember, there's at least one member here who is not the least bit impressed.

I still give credit to the guys who put supporting their families ahead of public protesting. They're the ones who are keeping our economy and our country strong. If not for them, there'd be nothing left to preserve.

Just because you don't march doesn't mean you are a coward and it doesn't mean you can't do something else just as effective.

To bemean anyone because they are not marching is very destructive to what we are trying to do here.

Let's all do what we can do -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by TxCracker

So, if you want to impress each-other by sitting back and pounding out lines about John Wayne and "real men" on your keyboards, just remember, there's at least one member here who is not the least bit impressed.
    I'm not trying to impress you or anyone else with anything. You have your views, I have mine. Sure, marching around with signs doesn't really accomplish much, so I'll be damned if I would send my wife and kids out to do it.
    At anytime, during any of these protests (pro or anti), the short fuse hanging out of this powderkeg could be ignited by either side. It will eventually happen somewhere. At least 50% or more of the people involved in these pro-immigration rallys are marching under foreign flags with deep rooted agendas that are not favorably intended for you, your wife or kids.
    I understand your personal situation. I have friends who came back from Viet Nam with their legs blown off. But making excuses about why or why not something can or can't be done, never solved anything.
    If you are pacified, then good for you. I happen to be one that is not.
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Then when all is said and done....he'd be the poetic nice sweet man at the bon-fire playing his guitar and singing kum-by-ya acting like he had a part in it.
    LMAO that is too funny.

I am a minuteman and have been to the border twice. The first time I went alone for over a week. The second time, my husband came with me and we could only go for three days because he had to get back to work. I feel like what I do represents my family. When I was on the border, most were retirees, but on the weekends the numbers shot up, and there were a lot more young men. I am lucky because my husband supports my involvement financially. But that means it limits how much he can be involved because he works so much.

My first reaction when I saw the protestors was "where are all the American counter protestors?" But I quickly came to the conclusion that they were all at work!

I wish we had stonger numbers, and I was disheartened by the turnout when I was on the border. But, I guess my point is that we are all doing what we can do. Everyone here is making a huge contribution whether it is by protesting, or writing, or educating people in your own community.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

My daughter,son-in-law AND my three grandchildren ages 12,10, and 3 go to protests. I get a little twitchy about the kids going, but I get pictures of them with their little determined faces waving American flags in street corners, and I am proud of them.
    They have inspired me to get off the computer, out of the car and stand out there , vulnerable, and let people know what I think.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by wep561
    Sure, marching around with signs doesn't really accomplish much, so I'll be damned if I would send my wife and kids out to do it...

...If you are pacified, then good for you. I happen to be one that is not.
    I guess I didn't mention before that I'm divorced with no children so, once again, I'm not making excuses for myself. All I was trying to do was give credit to a lot of men who are trying to raise kids and support families, and are paying more than their fair share of taxes as a result. I see a lot of them who work their butts off only to be disrespected and verbally abused by their spoiled wives and kids. To them and their soon-to-be-broken families my heart goes out because their futures are not bright. I've dated many single moms and life is not good for them or their kids.

As for my being "pacified", no, that's not the case either. I'm more than fired up about this illegal immigration issue. A few of my aqcuaintances are sick of hearing me rant about it. In my opinion "pacifist" is just a non-offensive synonym for "sissy". Crazybird's husband, if her statements are true, falls into that category, but I do not.

Sorry, Crazybird...my heart goes out to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCracker

As for my being "pacified", no, that's not the case either. I'm more than fired up about this illegal immigration issue.
    OK TxCracker, I'm glad that we are on the same team.
    <div align="center">"IF it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight-Dial 1-800-USMC"</div>

Quote Originally Posted by wep561
    OK TxCracker, I'm glad that we are on the same team.
    I was actually surprised (pleasantly) that you responded calmly and rationally to my reply immediately following the attacks on me. I fully expected you to come back blazing with both barrels. Online disputes rarely get settled so peacefully.

Anyhow, I reckon we were both wrong about each-other so, regarding your last statement, the feeling is mutual, wep561.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234