Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I can only say that he must be as stressed out as we are. We worry about the war, we worry about Avian Flu, we worry about terrorists, we worry about hurricanes and earthquakes, we worry about other governments, and we worry about all the money our government spends which it doesn't have. But we also worry about Illegal Immigration, does he?

If so, he's never mentioned it DIRECTLY to the American people. One can only think that it is not a great concern to him.

The truth however, is that we know he worries about it, behind the scenes, but this is something he has to stop hiding behind the curtain about, if he ever wants to gain the respect of the American people.

Perhaps THAT is the thing that he doesn't care about. This is something I believe we will truly find out before 2005 is over.

I didn't see it, but I heard he made a big speech about the war yesterday.
    Well, he really needs to make a big speech about illegal immigration. If HE would make the speeches, maybe WE wouldn't have to be the ones making them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The speech he made about the war was completely off the wall. He got up there on VETERANS' DAY no less and lambasted anyone who was questioning his decision to go to Iraq.

I don't feel as magnanimous about him as you do, Legal. Of course, I'm sure he does worry but look at WHY he worries. HE is the one who is driving the deficit out of sight. HE is the one who got us into this war that seems unending and certainly expensive both in loss of life, severe injuries to our military and never-ending financial costs. He talks a big game about the Avian Flu preparations but his plan would not even go into effect until 2010. And, it's almost a JOKE to think that, if they can't even correct the regular flu vaccine problem, they will EVER be able to respond to something so serious as a pandemic OR a biological or chemical terrorist attack. He's the one who lolled around at the ranch while New Orleans was drowning. And, it wasn't just the problems in New Orleans but they are the ones who have gotten the most press. My sister-in-law lives in Gulfport and it is STILL bad there. And, as Judy says, he was the one who sat there reading, "My Pet Goat" while the twin towers were being blown up. He is doing NOTHING about the SOARING oil prices. He has COMPLETELY screwed the seniors in this country with this unmanageable Medicare prescription drug plan. He CRAMMED CAFTA down our throats and, along with Cheney, wandered the halls of Congress the night of the vote threatening our representatives who had the courage to stand up to his demands. So, he's responsible for sending all of our decent-paying jobs overseas but that's not good enough for him. He wants to bring MORE LEGAL ones in to take the jobs that are left. And, to get to the most important issue for most of us--illegal immigration is NOT part of his agenda. The REASON it isn't part of his agenda is that what HE wanted was AMNESTY, a GUESTWORKER program and a "Path to
    Citizenship" for all of the illegals here already. He KNOWS that he can't afford to address the issue because he KNOWS that WE have risen up and DEMANDED a REAL SOLUTION and that solution is NOT his. Anything he got up there and said about illegal immigration is just going to BOMB because he would either be LYING or he would be proposing something that the American people will just not accept.

So--if he is WORRIED, he SHOULD BE. I just can't work up any sympathy.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I have no sympathy either, I only mean he's got to be feeling the stress.
    Regarding illegal immigration, they say he is concerned about it, but we never hear him say anything to the people about it. This in itself has been one of the reasons why we are so fed up.

My Pet Goat. Hmph!! I am tired of seeing him at elementary schools !
    He should be visiting places where there are adults, who can pose a few questions to him. That is such a cheap shot when he visits elementary schools. The kids don't care whether or not he comes, it's the adults who have questions and want answers.

I have no sympathy, I want this man to do his job, and I want him to address this invasion. All we have done here HAS made a difference, it has added pressure to the Bush Administration and at least they know this is not going away.

I just wonder how long we are going to have to apply the pressure. That would probably be anybody's guess.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What just CRACKS me UP is that Judy knows the name of the BOOK he was reading to those kids when the planes struck the towers!!! I had NO IDEA but I do remember Card coming in and whispering something in his ear, he looked kind of dumbstruck and then he just kept on reading! MY PET GOAT!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I know !! She remembers everything down to the tiniest detail. It is so good to have all those details ready to fly when you're trying to bring a point home to somebody.

As I said, you're both so knowledgeable, so right, and so to the point, that sometimes it is not only a big wake up call for people to read, but sometimes you're both just so funny.

I am sure if President Bush ever had an opportunity to read ALIPAC, he would be NONE TOO PLEASED. After an hour here, he might do one of two things....pick up the phone and call the National Guard to the borders, or he might call someone else. I don't know who.

No matter what, we can deal with it. We are not going to run and hide from the situation the way he would like to.

No we are NOT. I heard someone on TV yesterday talking about the way he was bashing the opposition in the Veterans' Day speech and they said something that I THINK a lot--"We are NOT living in a Dictatorship. This is Democracy and we have a right to speak out against what we feel is wrong". So, I'm going with that!!

Judy AMAZES me with her memory of the most TECHNICAL details! We have never laid eyes on each other but we just clicked and we really have fun discussing issues. Glad you are enjoying it!!

I'm in a big hurry today, but I'd like to clarify something:

My Quote:
    I am sure if President Bush ever had an opportunity to read ALIPAC, he would be NONE TOO PLEASED.

I want to say, that President Bush has been the target of a lot of WELL DESERVED critisism. It is his own fault that he gets it and it is because of his negligence, bad choices, AND failure to have open and honest communication with the people.

If President Bush were to spend an hour reading ALIPAC, he would be surprised at how knowledgeable so many people are, at how much we know about what is happening on the inside of his administration, and he would also hear about all the bad things that we Americans are experiencing because of this immigration situation. He would be forced to face the truth about what is going on in mainstream America, rather than whatever picture it is that is painted for him by Karl Rove or whoever. There is a better than good chance that he KNOWS and doesn't care.

We should be proud of our hard work, because it isn't easy. Most of us, if not all are actually very conforming people, but we realize that right now, under these circumstances we must come out of our conforming ways and SPEAK UP.

I will be the first to admit, after I say things, sometimes I feel a little scared, for lack of a better description. It is probably the most truthful word to use though. What am I afraid of sometimes? I don't know exactly. I'm afraid that I'm going to get in trouble of some kind for being so outspoken and seemingly derogatory towards the President. Why am I afraid? I don't know. Maybe I don't have as much faith in our government anymore as I should. The important thing, is that at ALIPAC no one is EVER under any pressure to speak out and say things. But we have encouraged each other to be brave enough to speak the truth as we see it. Sometimes the truth isn't pretty.

Anyway, I am so proud of everyone at ALIPAC and I'm proud of the people who come here to read, but who aren't ready to talk. We are fighting for something terribly important and something that is in a state of crisis in our country, and I am very proud and determined to be a part of that.

It is not my goal to bash Bush, just to bash Bush. It is my goal to try to help to get him to do the right things for our country. We've all TRIED to address him in the more traditional and respectful way, but he chose to slam the door on that option right in our faces, by ignoring the borders and what has been happening. He needs to SEE and UNDERSTAND, that we do NOT approve of his guest worker plan, because it is AMNESTY in disguise. This is the only option that we have. We have to SAY what we think and believe, that's the way I see it.

Back to rushing around. Bye!

Great thoughts, Legal. I think I can explain the "fear" you feel because I sometimes have the same feeling. I THINK I can trace it back to Bush's statements before we went to Iraq and continuously SINCE we got there and can't get out. It was what he said about, "If you're not with us, you are against us. You are the enemy". Well, at that point, I had already realized that he was leading us down a path to destruction so I, AFTER voting for him in 2000, was one of those who fell into that "AGAINST US" category. And, then you hear that the FBI has sent out 30,000 letters to SUSPICIOUS people every year since 9/11--one hundred fold more than in any other time before--you really do wonder if NORMAL, PATRIOTIC CITIZENS WHO LOVE THEIR COUNTRY have lost the freedom to speak out against what we perceive as WRONG. I worried about it for a long time but I finally decided that right was right and wrong was wrong and I was NOT going to sit back and swallow the BS. So, I speak out. I have alerted my daughter-in-law, who is a lawyer, that I might need her to bail be out one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm proud that you finally saw the light!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123