Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I stated since the Depression, not during the Depression, BTW. That is a profound question. That all depends on what you want to believe the truth is. I believe the luck General Douglass McArthur had during the Battle of Midway was the reason we won WW2. My Christian Government was taken away a long time ago, in favor of political correctness. So, that all depends on what you mean by American people too. Charles Manson is an American Person, it doesn't mean he is helping to keep America running. Although if I saw him, I might run. "Shadow Government" has different meanings, as far as Politics are concerned, and on what side of the spectrum one is on. Obama was a puppet for Kenneddy. Kenneddy was a shadow for Obama until he died.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

deduction v lower tax

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    My problem with his 9-9-9 plan is that many people have mortgages that are in say their 5th to 10th year and they have managed to keep their jobs or are on a fixed income. If the mortgage interest deduction goes away, I wonder how it will impact them?
    In Cain's plan your income tax will only be 9%. So if your income tax is 9%, what good is a deduction? It's better to pay a lower tax in the first place than to have some sort of gimmick to somewhat mitigate a high tax.

Banned

Re: deduction v lower tax

Quote Originally Posted by hacimo
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    My problem with his 9-9-9 plan is that many people have mortgages that are in say their 5th to 10th year and they have managed to keep their jobs or are on a fixed income. If the mortgage interest deduction goes away, I wonder how it will impact them?
    In Cain's plan your income tax will only be 9%. So if your income tax is 9%, what good is a deduction? It's better to pay a lower tax in the first place than t
    o have some sort of gimmick to somewhat mitigate a high tax.
    Add that 9% to everything you buy see where it takes you.You wont be paying a lower tax rate in the first place once you add that 9% on top of your state taxes.Use or math take your own states tax right now that you pay on every dallor you spend and add 9% to it and you will be paying more.If your paying say 8% right now you add 9% to that that makes 17% now on every dallor you spend.Sounds real good dont it.Gas at pump $3.50 add 9% to the tax thats already state tax on it means more tax you pay for gas so you will pay 31.5 more cents on the gallon of gas just the 9% alone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123