Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

True intent of 14th Amendment

I was channel surfing and saw this being spoke about on a Christian station for a site/group called "wallbuilders". David Barton was speaking about the end of slavery and the initial first freed slaves who became politicians and their contributions we never hear of, in this he spoke about the true intent of the 14th Amendment. I know we all know this already, but it helps to have backing like this to show the liberals how far off they are to use this to try to secure citizenship for millions of illegal aliens born here (anchor babies).

Additional Civil Rights Protections

While Congress had passed the Amendment, some voices in the South bitterly protested the abolition of slavery and vowed to withhold from former slaves the rights belonging to other citizens in their State

Republicans in Congress addressed this problem over the next several years by passing a series of seven civil rights bills. (Unfortunately, most of these laws were eventually struck down by the Supreme Court, including the 1875 Republican law prohibiting segregation - overturned by the Court in Plessey v. Ferguson. It was not until 1954 in Brown v. Board of Education that the Court reversed itself and upheld that Republican law. In fact, the resurrection of civil rights in the famous 1968 Civil Rights Act was based largely upon the Reconstruction Civil Rights Acts passed by Republicans a century earlier.) In 1868, Congress passed the 14th Amendment to ensure that freed slaves and other African-Americans would enjoy all the privileges and rights conveyed by being a citizen either of the State or the nation.

Ratification of both the 13th and 14th Amendments became a requisite for the readmission of the seceded Southern States back into the Union. But most of those States, at that time still controlled by Democrat State legislatures, refused to ratify the Amendments. As a result, Republicans briefly took control of those southern legislatures and ratified the Amendments, thereby achieving the readmission of those States into the Union.

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesAr ... asp?id=133
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is what I have previously said but people did not want to listen to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Politicans live for the money now, not later. They probably consider being traitors a good investment and nothing is better than grabbing the money quick and getting out. Getting out would not be to hard on a traitor if you are being paid a few million to screw america over. Somehow they can sleep at night. That is the scarry part. Look at what some of these men have done to their wives and families over the years. If you will do crappy things to your families and wives you really don't concern yourself with america as a whole.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yes Swatchick, I know you did (many have over time here), I wanted to re-state it with this site's backing so our new people and again, us, could read this and use the info (mainly for our new people).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am glad you posted this American Elizabeth as someone questioned this not last week. Thanks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    That is what I have previously said but people did not want to listen to me.
    Same here! I have been saying this repeatedly, to no avail. This amendment should have been abolished years ago. Why do we need a law in 2007 that was enacted "specifically" for slaves, given that slavery ended 142 years ago?

Thanks for the post, AE. Many people are unaware of the true purpose for this amendment, and our government shamefully continues to allow its abuse.

Get over it!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanic_Guy
    Get over it!!!!!!!!!
    I have a better idea, get out of our country you racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Get over it!!!!!!!!!
    I have a better idea, get out of our country you racist.
    Stop it......

read my past posts..........before you judge me!!!!!

read my past posts..........before you judge me!!!!!
    I read you past posts, and you are all over the place. You say you want to stop illegal immigration but not anchor babies? Well anchor babies are a big reason many illegals come here it's not only for jobs, so they will keep coming unless we stop the anchor baby scam also. You know illegals can live off the money they collect from their anchors along with some part time cash work.

Plus what about "birth in the USA" tourism, you don't mind giving away US Citizenship so cheaply?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast