Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

True Story.... suggestions?

I recently placed an ad for a job opening with our company. I believe the wage is competitive and benefits are good. I only got four responses. One person was from Jamaica, the second from Nepal and the third wouldn't tell me where he was from, but only that he was educated in the U.K. I could not understand what he was saying on the phone. The email below is from the fourth. They have all said they are here legally and able to work, but I have no proof of that because it hasn't gotten that far.

hi
    this is ______.i like to work as a pipe fitter.i have paper n valid license .how you gonna pay by check or by cash.and i am wondering how much you wanna pay hourly .if i know all these . i am ready to work as soon as possible .if you like to hire me .please give me call or mail me.my cell no......
    thanks
    b____ntha

Now I have never believed it when people claim that they are doing jobs Americans won't do, but this is the reality I am faced with. This would be a great opportunity for a young kid to learn a trade and ultimately take over a business. Where are all the young American kids? Very frustrating. This is the third time I have been through this in the last year. Any suggestions?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Post an employment bulliten at the local college. Often they have employment assistance offices. Also, call the high school because they also have Vocational Electives and you may be able to find a kid that is 18 if you need an adult. As for the other guys, if they are in the country legally then try them out.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also, the LDS Church has a job bank and you don't have to be Mormon to search and use their services. You might turn up some steady, experienced candidates that way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ncm

Young Americans do want these jobs. It could be they don't know your ad is out there. I don't know where you're located but locally, a young man in his early twenties applied for a job in a restaurant. He had been working in construction for 2 years making $7.50 an hour (used to start at $10 an hour). He had to quit because it's seasonal and couldn't pay his bills. He was hired as a diswasher at $7.00 an hour and thrilled to get steady full time work (this is a white boy). I know there's a lot of them out there, problem is for whatever reason, the employers and potential employees can't find each other and some Americans have given up looking since to many employers have made it clear they only hire illegals in general or Mexicans.
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well, posting at colleges is definitely good, also on Craigslist, and as well with the Employment Office.

The email was...well for a lack of better words, stupid. Poor grammar, spelling, and shows an exteme inability to convey the desire for this job in a more articulate and professional sounding manner. I'd say this one, if it were me, would be out.

How about posting on a board in a local military base (potentially some young guy/woman leaving the military after their service is up and needs a job?)?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tell you were our Young Americans are....IN IRAQ and all throughout the world and if they don't bring them home soon so they can do some reproducing we are gonna have nothing but Illegals to work or anything else for that matter !!!!! Bring them home and let the REPRODUCE because WE NEED AMERICANS and we need them NOW !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    I tell you were our Young Americans are....IN IRAQ and all throughout the world and if they don't bring them home soon so they can do some reproducing we are gonna have nothing but Illegals to work or anything else for that matter !!!!! Bring them home and let the REPRODUCE because WE NEED AMERICANS and we need them NOW !
    The number of troops in Iraq is less than the number of illegals that cross our border in a good week. The US troop count deployed abroad acounts for some quarter million out of 300 million Americans, or one in 1200.

Try " MY SPACE"
    ------------------------

If the email sender print the words that he speaks, it sounds like he`s Japanese or Korean.
    ------------------------

ANNIE

Also call any of the Trade Schools in the area.
    They are also a good source for apprentaces in the trades.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast