Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Trump seems to have his act together when it comes to an America first trade policy. SEE: Donald Trump and his possible run for the presidency, taxes and trade
    Great piece johnwk, thank you for sharing this work with us. May I send this out as a email?
    Thank you for your support. Anything I post in these forums is meant for public use and education.

Regards,

johnwk

We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in between, and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.

Very nice article johnwk.

I am a bit hesitant however if we'd actually get enough simply off of tariffs and duties on imports to fund the government even at a 25% rate at least without dropping SS, welfare, medicaid, medicare, cutting out 95% of our foreign military bases, pulling back our troops from every warzone, cutting subsidized or free education, among much more.

I'd be interested in seeing numbers of how much money we'd be bringing in as a nation without federal taxes and just tariffs and such. Of course can't really do the numbers until its in place and you see how much the US still imports.

But really keep in mind back then we didn't have 99.9% of the fed government we have now and while I too want it shrunk down to size many things we know for a fact won't be vanishing entirely if even changing. People won't give up SS and Medicare. People won't give up welfare and medicaid least not entirely. So on and so on. Plus to pay off the defecit which sadly we do need to do we need to have those extra revenues least for a few more years to do so after we impose heavy tariffs. Then after that I'd keep taxes a couple more years to simply create money to burn... and yes I mean BURN. Remove it from circulation, take a cool $4-5 trillion out of the US's cash flow among stopping printing money other then to replace old money. Give the US a good currency exchange again that's to our advantage as people.

I do think a lot of taxes could be cut out or simplified however. I'd rather a flat tax or a national sales tax without all that damn extras added... plus the heavy tariffs hehe. Then go from there

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Very nice article johnwk.

I am a bit hesitant however if we'd actually get enough simply off of tariffs and duties on imports to fund the government even at a 25% rate at least without dropping SS, welfare, medicaid, medicare, cutting out 95% of our foreign military bases, pulling back our troops from every warzone, cutting subsidized or free education, among much more.

I'd be interested in seeing numbers of how much money we'd be bringing in as a nation without federal taxes and just tariffs and such.
    I’m a bit puzzled by your post. Our Constitution’s original tax plan grants power to Congress to raise existing levels of revenue! Keep in mind that if imposts and duties do not provide sufficient revenue, Congress also has the authority to lay internal excise taxes on specifically chosen articles of consumption. And if that is insufficient to meet Congress’ expenditures, any shortfall is to be made up by laying the apportioned tax among the States. But the last tax mentioned, as you must fully be aware of, creates a very real moment of accountability for each States’ Congressional Delegation who must then return home with a bill in hand for their Governor and State’s Legislature to deal with. Do you have a problem with the accountability created under the founder’s plan which would encourage Congress to shrink the size of the federal government and live within the means brought in from imposts, duties and internal excise taxes?

I know our progressive crowd hates our Constitution’s original tax plan, especially the rule of apportionment for any general tax laid among the states. And is why our progressive crowd worked so feverishly to get the 16th Amendment adopted which is now used by Congress to enslave America’s businesses, industries, and even used to plunder our productive citizen’s paychecks which is then redistributed to those not gainfully employed, who in turn are expected to use their vote to keep the plundering going by re-electing those who use government force to steal the property which working people have in their labor.

Why you have such an aversion to our Constitution’s original tax plan is hard to imagine, especially since it is based upon principles which do not change with the passage of time, e.g., the apportioned tax to be laid if Congress spends more than is brought in from imposts, duties and miscellaneous excise taxes which immediately addresses deficits should they occur, and does so in a manner which creates a very real movement of accountability for each State’s Congressional Delegation when the must return home with a bill in hand for their State’s Governor and Legislature to deal with ___ the rule of apportionment whenever any general tax is laid among the states and ties taxation and representation by the same standard and creates a fair-share formula in the wording of our Constitution ___ taxing at our water’s edge as a first means to fill our national treasury which not only has foreigners filling our national treasury for the privilege of doing business on American soil, but provides the means to adopt an America first policy through taxes and trade ___ and let us not forget that by restricting Congress to raising its revenue by taxes on judiciously selected articles of consumption, not only does the market place limit the amount of tax on each article selected, but when Congress is compelled to raising its revenue by taxing consumption, it becomes in Congress’ best interest to encourage a healthy and vibrant economy which in turn leads to a productive consumption and flow of revenue into the federal treasury.

Principles, keep in mind the principles underlying our founder’s plan, and how they proved to pave the way for American to become the most prosperous and powerful nation on the planet, when they were followed.

But what is so disturbing to me now is, there is not one member of Congress, nor any news media such as FoxNews, or any of our “conservativeâ€

April
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    I am really starting to like this guy. If he manages to get the goods on obama I will worship him like a rock star. I will put his poster on my wall. I will follow him like a crazed groupie and scream "I love you Donald!!" '

working4change
    Related Thread: Exclusive: Donald Trump to Brody File: 'I believe in God. I am Christian.'

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-234384.html

Related Thread:Trump: I Can Tell You I’m Their Worst Nightmare

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-234349-trump.html

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk
    I’m a bit puzzled by your post....
    I actually really like the original tax plan and would much like to return to it. However my post was about how we have so many bloody extra expenditures that were never thought of back then as it was accepted a man feeds his own family and if he's lazy the family starves. During a hard time you turn to your brother.

However with all the extra crap I'd personally prefer to do away with which would include everything from SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and basically every other handout program, any program where Uncle Sam takes our money to pay us later and so forth it wouldn't have enough support at least without small steps over 15-30 years to change the attitude of people again.

Hence by the original tax plan in the US Constitution I don't think they would pull in enough money without something else bringing in major money unless we could somehow drop 85% of the Government (which imo is a good idea.

Just think, Medicare and SS are both a tax taken out of your wages so those programs would need to be paid from elsewhere. Welfare and Medicaid cost us hundred's of billions a year as well and your talking about taxes from local, state, and federal which would be gone to pay for that. Count in foreign aid, tons of subsidies, a massive military around the world with fights everywhere, massive government paychecks and the biggest employer's in the US is the Feds followed by the States and Cities.... gotta dump tons of those workers also.

Of course I don't really know how the numbers would play out as its so screwed up.... hell maybe it would all work out but sounds like a far stretch to me. But I really doubt we can get support to drop all the bloody social programs breeding laziness, stupidity, and taking away personal responsibility.

Still like I said, I'd much rather go back to the original tax plan along with dumping the vast majority of the government and social aspects. Go back to personal responsibility, family values, a belief in YOUR (the US) country being the BEST country and so forth. If you don't work you don't eat. If you work you have health insurance privately or through an employer or you don't get care. You plan and save for your own future and retirement. You put your own money away for a rainy day (lose a job or so forth). The only social aspect the government should really have is for those with real disabilities (sorry laziness, obesity, stupidity, idiocy, or being a politician is NOT a real disability but simply poor personal choice).

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwk
    I’m a bit puzzled by your post....
    I actually really like the original tax plan and would much like to return to it. However my post was about how we have so many bloody extra expenditures that were never thought of back then as it was accepted a man feeds his own family and if he's lazy the family starves. During a hard time you turn to your brother.

However with all the extra crap I'd personally prefer to do away with which would include everything from SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and basically every other handout program, any program where Uncle Sam takes our money to pay us later and so forth it wouldn't have enough support at least without small steps over 15-30 years to change the attitude of people again.

Hence by the original tax plan in the US Constitution I don't think they would pull in enough money.......

I am still puzzled by your post since I wrote: Our Constitution’s original tax plan grants power to Congress to raise existing levels of revenue! Keep in mind that if imposts and duties do not provide sufficient revenue, Congress also has the authority to lay internal excise taxes on specifically chosen articles of consumption. And if that is insufficient to meet Congress’ expenditures, any shortfall is to be made up by laying the apportioned tax among the States.

If Congress does not "pull in enough money" from imposts, duties and excise taxes, the apportioned tax is there to "pull in" whatever Congress' little heart desires. However, every State's Congressional Delegation must then return home with a bill in hand and face their State Governor and Legislature who will have to deal with the bill. This moment of accountability will encourage Congress to live with the money brought in from imposts, duties and miscellaneous excise taxes on specifically selected articles of consumption, to avoid the apportioned tax. Hence, Congress will immediately start to shrink the federal government!

JWK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234