Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump spokesman: Rubio means nothing to him

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump spokesman: Rubio means nothing to him

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...nothing-214053

Trump spokesman: Rubio means nothing to him

By Nick Gass

09/25/15 08:24 AM EDT

Donald Trump isn't worried about Marco Rubio. In fact, the Florida senator and Republican presidential rival means nothing to him, Trump's special counsel and spokesman Michael Cohen said Friday.

"He's still eight times higher than Marco Rubio. He doesn't think about Marco Rubio. Marco Rubio doesn't mean anything to him. And as far as foreign policy, what gives Marco Rubio the right to talk about foreign policy?" Cohen said in an interview on CNN's "New Day" with Alisyn Camerota about the latest polls.

Rubio is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Camerota responded.

"And look at where we're at as far as this country is concerned. We are a disaster in this country as far as foreign policy. We're not respected by any country in this world," Cohen said. "This is not a man who belongs in the White House."

Following numerous attacks from Trump on his age and his very being in the race, Rubio jabbed back on Thursday, calling the billionaire real estate mogul "touchy and insecure" and "exposed" on not having positions on the issues.

Asked whether Trump has hit a ceiling, as some pundits have predicted, Cohen slammed those assertions.

"They said that when he hit 18 percent and they said it again when he hit 20 and then 25. They called it the summer fling. Donald Trump is the all-American. He is the man that will make America great again. He has awoken the silent majority, and they're not backing down," he added.

A CNN/WMUR poll of New Hampshire Republicans released Thursday evening showed Trump with 26 percent, Carly Fiorina with 16 percent and Rubio with 9 percent, marking an increase of just 2 points from the last poll for Trump but a 15-point jump for Fiorina and a 9-point increase for Rubio.

"Oh, wow. I mean these numbers are just astronomical for Marco Rubio," Cohen deadpanned. "If there's a debate tomorrow, Donald Trump is still front and center."

"I'd rather be in Donald Trump's position than in Carly Fiorina's position. I'd rather be in Donald Trump's position than in Marco Rubio's position. You don't have to win by 40 percent in order to win this race. You need to win by 1 percent. The guy is literally 18 points higher than anybody else," he added.

Trump has declined to go into specifics on how he would execute his plan to deport the 11 million people in the United States illegally, including during his Thursday telephone interview with Camerota.

"I think he will give specifics when he's ready to give the specifics," Cohen said. "Donald Trump will do what he says, and he'll do it under his timeline. Not yours, and not under the media's."

Addressing Trump's upcoming meeting with Fox News chief Roger Ailes, Cohen said that Trump just "wants to be treated fairly."

"What they're doing is they're marginalizing him, they're criticizing him, they're trying to figure out how to get this man out of the race," Cohen said of the network's coverage. "I do believe that they do not report Donald Trump fairly and they do not report him accurately."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3mm85hlzf
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rubio:

1. Mr. Pro Immigration
    2. Mr. Pro Amnesty
    3. Mr. Gang of Eight for Illegal Aliens
    4. Mr. Pro ObamaTrade, TPA and TPP
    5. Mr. Free Trade Treason
    6. Mr. Failed Foreign Policy
    7. Mr. Failed Military Strategy
    8. Mr. Never Shows Up to Vote, Too Busy With Wannabeism

Why would a candidate with no record, no business experience, no management experience who is on the wrong side of immigration and trade policy and doesn't even honor his obligations to the state of Florida to show up and do his job in the US Senate, and is part of a failed foreign policy strategy think he's got a shot at the White House?

And perhaps an even better question is why do 9% of Republicans claim to support him?

Wake Up. This is serious business, not Kix, and it's not for Kids.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well trump is one tough guy he is for,our country .i don't like or would not vote for any of you all you do is lie you & the new. station why don't you all go after obama for what he doing to our country ?I I hear is im going to do this & im going to do that as savage said get the said is get off the soap box .trump is the only one that is standing up for our country
    good luck trump
    we want a leader for the usa & you we want so don't back down

The national election of '14 was to change things in the House. Boehner we reelected in Jan. '15 speaker, McCarthy elected shortly after. Of curse you will get McCarthy or someone similar, the national electorate has not stopped electing those similar.

We have to stop electing democrats and republicans to achieve change. What is it I'm not explaining?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    The national election of '14 was to change things in the House. Boehner we reelected in Jan. '15 speaker, McCarthy elected shortly after. Of curse you will get McCarthy or someone similar, the national electorate has not stopped electing those similar.

We have to stop electing democrats and republicans to achieve change. What is it I'm not explaining?
    Reality.