Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This morning I woke up and found this. I am absolutely furious about what these nut jobs will do to our citizens and how demeaning they are:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n7063414.shtml
    (CBS) Transportation Safety Administration chief John Pistole and several senators from both parties defended the new, enhanced airport security screening procedures as necessary in the face of a persistent and evolving terrorist threat in a hearing Wednesday on Capitol Hill.

Pistole, calm and confident in the face of an increasing public outcry against the procedures, talked extensively about the repercussions of last year's attempted Christmas Day bombing being the impetus for the enhanced screenings before the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, TSA's oversight committee.

"We know the terrorists' intent is still there," Pistole testified. "We are using technology and protocols to stay ahead of the threat and keep you safe. (Several near-misses by terrorists on airplane bombings) got through security because we were not being thorough enough in our pat-downs."

Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri said prior to Pistole's testimony that she believed TSA was in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, because people would be hopping mad at TSA if Christmas bomber Umar Farouk Adbulmutallab had succeeded. She went on to say the new advanced imaging technology--which has caused uproar because of its leave-no-secrets imaging and potential health risks--is more of a blessing than a curse.

"I'm wildly excited that I can walk through a machine instead of getting my dose of love pats," Sen. McCaskill said.

Should John Tyner Worry about More than His Junk?
    Poll: 4 in 5 Support Full-Body Scanners
    New Airport Security to Slow Down Holiday Travel

Both senators and Pistole acknowledged the public concern that has made mini-celebrities out of some passengers who have opposed the new imaging scans and enhanced pat-downs. Pistole, a former FBI agent, went so far as to say he submitted himself to the pat-downs and found them to be "more invasive than what I was used to."

Senator George LeMieux of Florida agreed they were invasive, saying they had gone too far and that he "wouldn't want (his) wife to go through these pat-downs." He even suggested looking more at the Israeli model of behavioral profiling in airport screenings, which has been largely successful but also criticized as racist.

However, Pistole defended the pat-downs because of the next generation of "non-metallic" explosives currently being used by terrorists.

In an effort to address privacy and health concerns from travelers, Pistole said TSA is working on developing next-generation imaging equipment that will only show screening agents "anomalies" on top of stick figures, rather than detailed naked figures.

Currently, all passengers going through airport security are asked to submit to a full body image scan when it is available, Pistole said. The body scan images are seen by a single agent in a closed room who cannot see the face of the person in the machine and who cannot bring any cellphones or cameras into the image viewing room. If passengers refuse the body scan, they are offered a private pat-down, which is based on a thorough--some say invasive--technique used by police nationwide. Pistole emphasized that children under the age of 12 are excused from the enhanced pat-downs.

"We are on the last line of defense of the U.S. government," Pistole said. "I hope (these screening techniques) are a deterrence."

---------------------------------------------

Here is my post in reply to the article:

After reading many of your views, I have a problem with with both sides of this issue. Any senator or official within the government that addresses this as "love pats" has a problem to begin with and should apologize for that statement forthwith. Let me bring this issue into perspective:

1. I believe the reason Commercial Airports are being over run by TSA Thugs (who could be pediphiles, gang members, and others that wouldn't qualify for any other job) is that the Government intended to "scare" the flying public into thinking we need all of the technology and invasive pat downs to make us think we are "secure".

2. If the Government spent as much money securing the border as they did on the scanners and hiring of TSA thugs, our upstanding citizens wouldn't be subjected to this form of sexual assault. Though some forms are misdemeanors, other pat downs are felonies when they go to the subjects skin (underneath their underwear). Something is wrong when we treat our citizen worse than the people who have invaded this country and using up all of our resources. It is time we take a stand and make this country secure and stop all of this government propaganda.

3. Now that someone within the Government is starting to make exceptions for muslims in full dress (especially females), I find that offensive (this has been verified, check TSA rules, oh, and they differ from airport to airport).

4. When Congress, the Executive Branch, and the Justice Branch care more for the tax paying citizens than the rights of those that would kill us for no reason, we will be more secure than we are right now.

5. It is time to hold our elected officials accountable, the vote in November was only a temporary change in "power". They still don't get that they (the elected officials) work for the people and not themselves. If Power and Glory are all they are interested in...their time is short, vote them out again.

6. Both the scanner machines and the invasive pat downs are by definition a form of "Sexual assault". I am surprised that no one has filed a lawsuit against the TSA, Homeland security, or others within the government. Maybe that needs to happen...and soon!

7. Janet (Big Sis) needs to be fired!

Nuff said
    "Throw every eligible*politician out of the Federal Govenment this November!* If their replacement doesn't do the job, then throw them out the next go around."

manlyva153 Here is my post in reply to the article:

After reading many of your views, I have a problem with with both sides of this issue. Any senator or official within the government that addresses this as "love pats" has a problem to begin with and should apologize for that statement forthwith. Let me bring this issue into perspective:

1. I believe the reason Commercial Airports are being over run by TSA Thugs (who could be pediphiles, gang members, and others that wouldn't qualify for any other job) is that the Government intended to "scare" the flying public into thinking we need all of the technology and invasive pat downs to make us think we are "secure".

Actually the hiring standards are quite high , many of the TSA are X military and X police , along with retired people .. As for why the aiports are now staffed by a uniform security force, that's just more common sense than a path work of ineffective different ,poorly paid security outfits ...

2. If the Government spent as much money securing the border as they did on the scanners and hiring of TSA thugs, our upstanding citizens wouldn't be subjected to this form of sexual assault. Though some forms are misdemeanors, other pat downs are felonies when they go to the subjects skin (underneath their underwear). Something is wrong when we treat our citizen worse than the people who have invaded this country and using up all of our resources. It is time we take a stand and make this country secure and stop all of this government propaganda.

while illegal immgration is a more pressing and vital problem , looking soley at the issue of airport security , there maybe a good argument for more invasive security measures if intellgence is warning of a serious threat . As for the issues of sexual assult , eh , indvidual rights aren't as imporant to me in terms of security ...

3. Now that someone within the Government is starting to make exceptions for muslims in full dress (especially females), I find that offensive (this has been verified, check TSA rules, oh, and they differ from airport to airport).

please post the link to the TSA webcite where these rules are listed , i just went to the TSA site and couldn't find anything .... i would be very interested in finding out about this if it is true .

4. When Congress, the Executive Branch, and the Justice Branch care more for the tax paying citizens than the rights of those that would kill us for no reason, we will be more secure than we are right now.

see number 3

5. It is time to hold our elected officials accountable, the vote in November was only a temporary change in "power". They still don't get that they (the elected officials) work for the people and not themselves. If Power and Glory are all they are interested in...their time is short, vote them out again.

6. Both the scanner machines and the invasive pat downs are by definition a form of "Sexual assault". I am surprised that no one has filed a lawsuit against the TSA, Homeland security, or others within the government. Maybe that needs to happen...and soon!

it's not sexual assult if you consent to it ... if you don't want to take the risks assocaited with flying , then don't fly ..sexual assult avoided .. do i LIKE the new security measures ? no , i doubt anyone does ... is there a need for them ? possibly , has the government made that case ? not very well .

7. Janet (Big Sis) needs to be fired!

couldn't agree more , everyday that she remains at her post , our country is in mortal danger ... terrorism is a threat , illegal immgration is a BIGGER threat , we're losing people EVERY SINGLE DAY to that .. yet she does NOTHING , she disgusts me .

Nuff said[/quote]

Good go for it gentlemen.....you will learn to love it and if you don't "Take a Bus" just like NAPPYHEAD said.....as for me mine and the rest of the flying public....boycott....complain, yell, scream, make a scene, do what ever it takes....we will get this stopped and NO WE WILL NOT OBEY!!!

Leader of TSA offers pat-downs to senators
    By Jordy Yager - 11/17/10 11:23 AM ET

The head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) offered on Wednesday to have airport screeners come to Capitol Hill to give senators a pat-down so they could fully understand the mechanics of the newly deployed, controversial technique.

John Pistole told senators on the Senate Science, Commerce and Transportation Committee that he “insistedâ€

It's time to stop all the political correctness and PROFILE, PROFILE, PROFILE!! American citizens are NOT the threat, it is Muslims. While it's true that not all Muslims are terrorists, it IS true that almost all terrorists are Muslim!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    It's time to stop all the political correctness and PROFILE, PROFILE, PROFILE!! American citizens are NOT the threat, it is Muslims. While it's true that not all Muslims are terrorists, it IS true that almost all terrorists are Muslim!!
    profiling won't work ....

sure there are people who come into the airport dressed in traditional relgious wear , but i'd be willing to bet you that their NEVER the threat because they stand out so much .

the underwear bomber was a young african ... and as for the arab looking fellows , well there's a TON of people who fit that look in NY and other big cities ...

i also don't believe in this whole "you'll spot the terrorists if they look nervous "

Go to Glenn Beck "The Blaze"
    He talked about this yesterday on his show.
    Profiling and dogs beat out the scanners.
    George Soros and his partners in crime are the ones making these scanners,
    there's no money in dogs and trained military security, trained in profiling.
    And more importantly dogs and trained Vets. would not upset Americans at all they would welcome them.
    "The Blaze" he had the head of the Israeli TSA on yesterday and you won't believe the lies and truths about this.
    I'm just glad at least one News channel tells us something close to the truth, even if Murdoch is a panderer.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    profiling won't work ....

sure there are people who come into the airport dressed in traditional relgious wear , but i'd be willing to bet you that their NEVER the threat because they stand out so much .

the underwear bomber was a young african ... and as for the arab looking fellows , well there's a TON of people who fit that look in NY and other big cities ...

i also don't believe in this whole "you'll spot the terrorists if they look nervous "
    It works in Israel. Profiling is multidimensional. We need to take our queue from other countries who are successful at screening for terrorists.
    Political correctness is NOT the answer. What's your solution?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

It works in Israel. Profiling is multidimensional. We need to take our queue from other countries who are successful at screening for terrorists.

A radical idea: Common Sense.

Marquis would more likely then not be pulled out of line, just because you can't tell if he's nervous or not.
    I called the lady at the desk "A dumb B-word" because she called for boarding 30mins. early and I was 5mins. late and they searched me from New Jersey to Alaska. They eased up on me going back, but they still had me go threw a different line.
    "Stay home this Holiday Season and show the TSA the finger!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by millere

A radical idea: Common Sense.
    wow millere, your idea IS radical, at least for our government . Israel has figured it out. I find it mystifying that our own DHS can't apply the same common sense that Israel has?

William Barret Travis

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast