Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    and vote on money to countries by country,
    not all at one time
    At this point in time I'd pretty much say we don't have any money to give to anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Yes

How about we bring home many of those troops and use them to protect our borders..............

What a novel idea

When you have a huge supply of nukes and the people that can pinpoint deliver them , Why on earth do you need physical troops in any other country.

Put them on our border and the illegals , the drug problem and all the rest of this bs goes away
    Yup, I have been saying it for years. It would also be much cheaper to police our own border than to police the world. The military is by far the most expensive part of federal spending, and I think cuts in its waste would go a LONG way to balencing the budget.

To take it to the big picture: Ending illegal immigration would save enormously on public services, and on top of that ADD to federal revenue, because wages would go up, and tax revenue along with it. This applies to outsourcing as well, with its elimination Americans will be making more, and there will be a greater tax base to draw from. Corporations would no longer be able to use outsourcing to avoid American federal taxes. Also many unemployed would no longer need to be pulling from public coffers. Tariffs can also be a huge source for tax revenue.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    The main problem we have is the libs

They have this idea that we have to let the entire world in here

Bottom line , we can't afford it , its not fair to the citizens

When are we going to see real politicians that actually care about Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

IRS , put in a flat or national sales tax and make this bunch of idiots go away
    That's where I would disagree. We could get rid of the IRS, but any tax system to replace it would require an overseeing governmental body of some sort. Also, I'm not a big fan of regressive tax shcemes, but I'm sure I am in the minority here concerned flat and fair tax.
    I don't think you're in the minority where a flat and fair tax is concerned.

Justthefacts wrote:

Dept of Homeland security ,,,,,,,,,,, GONE
    Can't agree with this unless there is something better in place to replace it. We get little enough enforcement the way it is.

Banned
    On the tax issue , all I know is that what we have is not fair

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

IRS , put in a flat or national sales tax and make this bunch of idiots go away
    That's where I would disagree. We could get rid of the IRS, but any tax system to replace it would require an overseeing governmental body of some sort. Also, I'm not a big fan of regressive tax shcemes, but I'm sure I am in the minority here concerned flat and fair tax.
    I don't think you're in the minority where a flat and fair tax is concerned.

Justthefacts wrote:

Dept of Homeland security ,,,,,,,,,,, GONE
    Can't agree with this unless there is something better in place to replace it. We get little enough enforcement the way it is.
    HOmeland security dept is just a bloated piece of garbage , all they do is co ordinate other agencies , the FBI , Cia , Fema, ICE , and others

We got along just fine without dhs
    Besides , some depts like ICE have become highly political , That should not be

Banned
    As it stands now DHS is more a cheering section for dumbomba's amnesty then serious about protecting this country and going after illegals

Senators and congressmen
    Average median wage , plus 2 staffers , NO MORE

If you can't live on the wages the rest of us make , we don't need you

Hey now I like this one. They wouldn't be so slap happy about spreading the wealth then...! But I'll even go one step further... if they are wealthy enough to not need that average wage, then they should be strongly "encouraged" to forgo any wage. A little bit of public shaming about greed should help. I'm not against people becoming wealthy, but with politicians, it becomes a bane as they can't let go of their little perks and will do anything to stay in office.... Like John McCain collecting SS benefits despite owning (think I heard this number awhile back) 8 homes.

The very uninformed and uneducated people of the U.S. today need to learn where the governments actually gets money. I can't believe the number of people who either don't know or haven't ever even given it a thought....
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Banned
    There are a number of newly elected congressmen who are sleeping in their offices this time around

Quote Originally Posted by forest

Hey now I like this one. They wouldn't be so slap happy about spreading the wealth then...! But I'll even go one step further... if they are wealthy enough to not need that average wage, then they should be strongly "encouraged" to forgo any wage. A little bit of public shaming about greed should help. I'm not against people becoming wealthy, but with politicians, it becomes a bane as they can't let go of their little perks and will do anything to stay in office.... Like John McCain collecting SS benefits despite owning (think I heard this number awhile back) 8 homes.

The very uninformed and uneducated people of the U.S. today need to learn where the governments actually gets money. I can't believe the number of people who either don't know or haven't ever even given it a thought....
    I agree with this in spirit, but IMO the only way for it to truly work is if we first seriously reform campaign finance laws. Congress already gets most of their salary from lobbies any way. Cutting their pay could possibly make them even more dependent upon corporate lobbies, and hence more beholden to them, unless we end that system of bribery.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast