Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two simple questions

Test your RQ (racism quotient)

First question: Would you approve of your son/daughter marrying a Hispanic (Mexican, Nicaraguan, etc.) who has emigrated here legally and is on the way to becoming a citizen? (This assumes the typical things people seek in their mates, good character, personality, good job, etc. etc.)
    If not, why not?

Second question: Would you approve of your son/daughter marrying a European (Swiss, German, etc.) who has emigrated here legally and is on the way to becoming a citizen? (This assumes the typical things people seek in their mates, good character, personality, good job, etc. etc.)
    If not, why not?
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Son yes on both daughter no on both.The reason for daughter is that 90%
    of the places outside of the US treat women like crap,and then I would have to goto prison for someone hurting my daughter

Why do you ask??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, considering my grandparents were legal "Hispanic" immigrants.

And also yes, considering those legal "Hispanic" immigrant grandparents of mine were European.

no for both Son and Daughter on marrying Hispanic from Mexico, maybe Spain but I am still undesided. Maybe on Europe for both, depends on what part of Europe. Poland and most Ex-Eastern Bloc nations NOT a chance.

Banned
    I would have no problem with my son or daughter marrying ANYONE of a different race who was a legal resident of this country.

The only caveat would be the upholding of the marriage vows to 'love, honor and protect'.

Good God, we ALL bleed red, white and blue!

Yes to both. But like what was mentioned above I would worry about my daughter if the man was from a country who didn't respect women. Heck I worry about that anyway because that problem is far from solved here.

My daughter is with a guy who is 1/2 Puerto Rican and 1/2 American Indian. His father was a legal immigrant and they are a nice family. I do get comments from her friends that they feel he is a bit overbearing and bossy with her. I have met and spent time with him and attribute it more to ever loving male-ego than a cultural difference. Fortunatly she has many friends from all different cultures and hasn't been "kept" with just one group so she isn't overly influenced by one over the other. She has some great friends too. If you can get past the piercings, funky clothes etc. (They said the same for us hippies too.) But they are good kids. Well...young adults. 2 are on their way to Iraq very soon. One went but didn't make it back alive.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd have to answer NO on both -- I have no kids
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

oh Mamie......a technicality...

Mamie,
    I have no children either....but I would contemplate mating my terriers with a chihuahua.....lol

Seriously, I would have no problem because I believe love knows no bounds. As long as the other is a law-abiding person with morals, I would have no objection.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast