Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

crazybird, I would have to say the better half is the native american part, only because I am prejudiced lol.

krazynbama, that was a very cute answer how about mating with a very well I won't say it but know what I mean lol, maltese! let me also add, very spoiled, he is the best human trainer I have ever ran across!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by krazynbama
    Mamie,
    I have no children either....but I would contemplate mating my terriers with a chihuahua.....lol

Seriously, I would have no problem because I believe love knows no bounds. As long as the other is a law-abiding person with morals, I would have no objection.
    we've got more in common than just a state and I also agree with you, good moral character is a big deal to me
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

crazybird, I would have to say the better half is the native american part, only because I am prejudiced lol.
    Same here. Fortunatly he takes great pride in that. I only say that because.....how can I say this? They say your Black if you have 1 drop of African blood. And there are white people that are 99and99/100's white but consider themselves proudly Black. You have to be 1/12 American Indian to qualify as Indian. I have American Indian in me..but not enough to qualify. And then there's my husbands best friend who's 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Jewish. He see's himself as 100% Mexican. His son is 3/4 Jewish and 1/4 Mexican and his son is Mexican to him. Not even American. Mexian. I'm heinz 57 and American coz it's too long to qualify. So anyway, I was surprised when her beau identified more with his American Indian roots since it seems Latinos rule now days. I have mostly German in me....but unbeknownst to me..years ago they had light germans and dark germans and my light german, irish, red headed aunt...married a dark german and was disowned by the older people in the family. Now I don't know what the deal was coz Uncle H was a doll. Great guy, wonderful father etc. But it was the first "black mark" in my moms side of the family. Who knew? Just strange.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Son yes on both daughter no on both.The reason for daughter is that 90% of the places outside of the US treat women like crap,and then I would have to goto prison for someone hurting my daughter

I really questioned my sister about 20 years ago when she wanted to marry a guy from Egypt. They did not get married, turned out he was only after the green card. But, had i not given her the 3rd degree to make her question herself and him, they would have gotten married and it would have been a nightmare.

I would try to keep an open mind, if he was legal and spoke English. But, knowing what i know of how men from other cultures treat women, I won't lie, i would have alot of concern and keep a close eye on it. One thing i have experienced with my daughter when she was dating. Is latino mean will court momma first. Meaning they will do your yard work, pay your bills, buy the family nice meals. Do whatever it takes to convince you how great they are. Once they have your approval, it's a whole different ball game.

Likewise my son lived with a cuban/portarican girl for over a year. There were many cultural clashes. One thing both she and her momma made clear to him within the first week was they expected him to work and their daughter to stay home and be taken care of. Mind you the girl was 22 yrs old and childless to boot. No excuse to sit home and be waited on. Nor were they married! He had clashes with her brothers who regularly called him racist names to his face. She told him her brothers were just kidding and big jokers and to ignore them! They were not joking, they did this in front of other family members as well as their friends. Girlfriend expected him to bow down and take it. She had him so worried about her family liking him and making waves, that this went on for several months before he told me about it. To say the least, we had a in depth discussion about Machismo and i gave him the perfect one liner to squash it without starting a brawl or race riot. He used it and it ended. This relationship lasted one year. Between the parents interferring and expecting him to "take care of her". The brothers abusive attitudes to all the women in the family, ans the girlfriends insistance they live in a Miami Barreo and he learn spanish, he had enough. Even after years in San Dieago barreo Logan he said the Miami experience was the worst he has ever dealt with.

So in conclusion it doesn't matter to me what race or country a person is from. They will not get my immediate trust with my most precious children son or daughter. American's have some real winners (not) they raised and set loose out here too. Being from any other country just adds a possibility for more complications.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    They say your Black if you have 1 drop of African blood. And there are white people that are 99and99/100's white but consider themselves proudly Black. You have to be 1/12 American Indian to qualify as Indian. I have American Indian in me..but not enough to qualify. And then there's my husbands best friend who's 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 Jewish. He see's himself as 100% Mexican. His son is 3/4 Jewish and 1/4 Mexican and his son is Mexican to him. Not even American. Mexian. I'm heinz 57 and American coz it's too long to qualify.
    I thought Alabama was the only one with the "1 drop" rule.

Like you, we are a heinz 57 -- my sister's friend told her was just a mutt.

thanks for the 1/12th to qualify, I thought it is like 1/32. My great-grandmother on my mothers side was full blooded Cherokee and then there's the Indian on my fathers side -- supposedly his grandmother was 1/2 Cherokee. It's just hard to find all the 'documents' to prove it
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Test your RQ (racism quotient)

What is the premise of the question, that if you answer and say that if you are irish and you value Irish Roots and Irish history more that this is somehow illegitimate ?

Or that if you are Italian and value Italian Roots, that this would be illegitimate ?

At what point do you say...

I Am whatever ethnicity I am - and I am glad and proud to be What I am.

The basis that would infer that somehow I am only okay...if I am willing to marry someone of a minority race...is simply NOT the case.

When does it become acceptable to say, I am of an Anglo (white) ancestry, and that is legitimate, and If I want to marry someone of my same ethnicity, that THAT is legitimate also ???

To me, the original question seems a bit of a set-up (probably not intended that way)

How about the reverse ?

How about where a Latino or a Mexican would be willing to Marry someone of a Non-MInority ethnic group, and start actively defending the Founding Fathers and the American Dream ?

Thankfully, Many Mexican Americans, who are married to OTHER Mexican Americans have done just that...in anycase.

Every person should find something in their ethnic background to be proud of, and to look up to.

Having said that, the premise that Non-minorities can marry other Non-Minorities should be accepted as legitimate, just as legitimate as any other marriage choice.

We should all remember the pride that each one of us SHOULD take, from the ancestry we ALREADY have.

GH
    Let's be brutally honest: THe Only thing that matters is when you force Politicians to STOP and PAY Attention to You. Its time to think about ways to do that.

thanks for the 1/12th to qualify
    Thats what I was told. When I was bartending in South Dakota there was a guy who made BEAUTIFUL peace pipes. The mouth piece was made of some special stone and it was found on one of the reservations and only Native Americans could get it and you had to get papers or something from your tribe and proof from records to indicated 1/12th Indian.

I didn't find out till my fathers death that there was Sioux on his side and that was from someone who was trying to do a family tree. I need to do one of those myself.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Purely hypothetical since I have no children (that I know of).

Yes to both. I don't care about race/nationality. I care about character, and immigrating legally shows to me that the intended spouse is likely of good character.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    thanks for the 1/12th to qualify
    Thats what I was told. When I was bartending in South Dakota there was a guy who made BEAUTIFUL peace pipes. The mouth piece was made of some special stone and it was found on one of the reservations and only Native Americans could get it and you had to get papers or something from your tribe and proof from records to indicated 1/12th Indian.

I didn't find out till my fathers death that there was Sioux on his side and that was from someone who was trying to do a family tree. I need to do one of those myself.
    wonder why nobody ever told you that. I never knew I had ancestors that fought in the first American Revolution until my cousin and I started doing a family tree. We were trying to find the Indian and all I found was a general.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyerhat
    Test your RQ (racism quotient)
    What is the premise of the question, that if you answer and say that if you are irish and you value Irish Roots and Irish history more that this is somehow illegitimate ? Or that if you are Italian and value Italian Roots, that this would be illegitimate ? At what point do you say...I Am whatever ethnicity I am - and I am glad and proud to be What I am.

The basis that would infer that somehow I am only okay...if I am willing to marry someone of a minority race...is simply NOT the case. When does it become acceptable to say, I am of an Anglo (white) ancestry, and that is legitimate, and If I want to marry someone of my same ethnicity, that THAT is legitimate also ???

To me, the original question seems a bit of a set-up (probably not intended that way)
    No, I didn't intend it as a setup. And notice it didn't have to do with YOU per se. I asked --what if your SON or DAUGHTER chose to marry a person of Hispanic or European or whatever origin.

I agree that you can make whatever choices you like without anyone jumping to any conclusion. You may say "since I'm Nigerian, I will marry a Nigerian as I want my children to share my background."etc. etc. Maybe you only like redheads, or only want to marry someone who likes artichokes, it is all your choice. But, and HERE is my question: would you strongly object or just accept if your children chose differently? More to the point, since the illegal immigration issue is centered around illegals from Mexico, how about if they chose to marry a legal Mexican immigrant?

The responses so far have been sensible and/or positive. I expected no less from this forum.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast