Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well I sent him a big thank you letter. I also got an email from Oregonains for Immigration Reform and Jim Ludwick suggested a letter to all county sheriffs, if possible. So I copied his example letter and am sending one to Multnomah county sheriff Bernie Giusto (he might like to hear that as I think he is a pretty conservative guy, but of course he has those lovely county commissioners to deal with, and they are the ones that decided to make it ok for homosexuals to be legally married in our county without the voters approval (this resulted in a statewide initiative and consequential overwhelming vote to ban gay marriages statewide).

These commissioners are the worst when it comes to the abuses of their power, except Lonnie Roberts (the only man on the board, and conservative). They have been a thorn in the counties side for too long and they are the biggets proponents of all things liberal and bleeding heart, including illegals.

Hopefully this all will generate enough media attention that those people who feel illegal immigration is really doing us financial harm, but have never had the guts to speak up, will start speaking up and coming forward on this issue, we know they're out there and feel this way. I don't think it's complacency, they are thinking they are in the minority, not realizing that those Americans against illegal immigration are actually the majority.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth, Good luck with Multnomah County! What a bunch of goons! I can't wait to see Diane Linn voted out of office. I can't believe the crap she has gotten away with over the years. Sounds like there isn't much love between her and the other commissioners these days. There is a brand new jail sitting up there EMPTY while the people of Portland are being victimized by criminals and druggies! Bernie's hands are tied because of the commissioners. I WOULD NOT live in Multnomah County if it were the last place on earth and you paid me!

Backseat, you must live nearby. We actually live in Gresham, but it is Multnomah county anyways. I was totally disgusted with that so called temporary tax to help out the schools in the county, which by the way anchor babies are the reason the schools are in the shape they are in, now Portland wants to have another "temporary tax".

People are starting to get fed up and hopefully this will help wake them up to the issue of illegal immigration.

Our governor has not helped this at all. We have a couple of appealing candidates coming up in the primary race, I admit I need to read up more about them, but both sound promising.

Crime here has gone out the roof. Most is gang related, then meth comes in a tight second.

Also the once bucolic West Side of town is now starting to see a lot of crime, and many of the crimes The Oregonian and the media cover over there are by Hispanics (probably illegals). I suppose that the gangs and meth heads have realized that robbing people in Rockwood was kind of stupid as they usually have nothing of value (happened to us years ago, but we no longer live there). So now they go to the wealthier side of town.

As for the commisioners, Lonnie Roberts is the only one that I would ever vote for again (if he wants to stay in that mess!). The others are a bunch of high school girls with good paying jobs, that's all they are.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Every SHERIFF IN AMERICA needs to add up all the bills and send them to Vicente Fox with a cc: to the New York Times, Washington Post, President, Vice President, and Speaker of the House of Representatives.

I think that response about the "workers contribution to the economy" by Mexican Consulate General Sanchez is hilarious. How much are they contributing locked up in a county jail sucking on our resources?

HOORAH!! GO AMERICA!! LAY IT ON! LAY IT ON! LAY IT ON!

THICK!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So very true Judy.

If only our schools would also send bills, as well as our counties for the health care and nutrition programs they use, as well as state programs.

This would help Oregons $172 million dollar shortfall!!!

AmericanElizabeth, In my opinion , I live in "little Multnomah County" also known as Benton County. Our "wonderful" commissioners seem to follow what Mult Co commishes do. Seems like they have their noses up Mult Co commishes you-know-whats! Since gays here could not get marriage licenses, they stopped issuing all marriage licenses! I don't remember how long that went on. Finally, a heterosexual couple wanting to get married filed suit. Corvallis tries to pass new school taxes too, trying to shove it down the throats of Benton Co residents. They use the same old tired saying, "It's for the Children." Whose children??

Ha, Ha.......Old Sleepy Ted!! He is sooooooo gone come election time. Did you see that the Multnomah County Democratic Central Committee isn't endorsing him? And then his "mouth-piece" said, The governor didn't show up because he was at a previously scheduled event, said Cameron Johnson, Kulongoski's campaign manager.

"It's unfortunate, but not surprising," Johnson said of the vote by about 30 Portland-area party leaders. "It represents a small minority of Democratic activists."

He was probably at some bowling event. Honestly, I cannot think of one positive thing that he has done for Oregon. He could put a stop to the monthly carousels of information but he does not. His "mouth-piece" has said more than once that Ted has a strong record on certain issues. I would say he has a strong record of doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!! Don't get me started here!! Yes, I too, will be looking closely at the governor candidates.

Law-abiding Oregonians cannot buy Sudafed products without showing ID and having our names written down in a book. Soon, if not already, we will need a prescription. However, it appears that the illegal alien meth cooks have no problem getting their hands on it. I'm referring to the illegal alien dad and probable illegal alien mom with 10 (!) kids that were arrested up in Canby earlier this month with meth and about $20K in cash. How 'bout the big bust last year in Brownsville where 14 or 15 "Mexican Citizens" (illegal aliens) were arrested with lots of meth and money.

:P One of my brothers refers to Ted as "Ted Kolonoscopy" and "Ted Taxandgougeme", both appropriate.

The mayor of Portland, as all good Dems here do, suggested more taxes for schools, people said "hell no!!!!!", very resoundingly.

We'd had enough of the schools, when our then fifth grade son, was being ignored by his teacher when he'd raise his hand (she gave extra special attention to the anchor babies in the classroom), and then as he slipped behind for lack of help, she said she felt he was "learning disabled". She wanted to have him helped by the special education group (to which I understand the upswing with kids suddenly being labeled learning disabled has more to do with getting federal funding than anything else).

Also, our then kindergartner left kindergarten in June, not even knowing what a letter of number was. So...now we homeschool, out of necessity. Our supposed learning disabled son, is getting up to speed finally, where he should be for his age group (12/13) and our daughter is second grade and is learning cursive writing, and multiplication (she's a math whiz).

I have an aunt who lives in Seattle and has been a teacher there for over 20 years, she was apalled this teacher would so quickly want to label our son, she has spent time with him and said there's nothing wrong with him that a little extra attention and effort on the schools and teachers part won't cure. However, the schools either cannot due to the overcrowding that has come from the illegals presence in our districts, or the teachers just don't care.

We're like a lot of people here, we live in this county out of necessity and convenience. The majority of the people living in East Multnomah county are very conservative, that's why Dianne Linn and the other female, liberal commissioners went not only the voters heads on the gay marriage issue, but they went over Lonnie Roberts head, they did not want him "doing the right thing" by speaking out and saying it's not right to make that kind of decision without the voters. But they only made more of a mess for themselves.

Too bad Benton county is as bad. If there were enough decent jobs out east, we'd live out somewhere like Harney county, just to be away from all this junk we see every day.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://hosted.ap.org

Feb 22, 10:31 AM EST

Mexico nixes payment for county prisoner costs

PENDLETON, Ore. (AP) -- The Mexican consul general for Oregon says Umatilla County Sheriff John Trumbo's bill to cover the jail costs of illegal Mexican immigrants is unwarranted.

"It's unfounded," said Fernando Sanchez. "That's an expense that has to be covered by each government."

Trumbo sent the letter to Mexican President Vincente Fox on Feb. 9, asserting that Umatilla County spent $318,843 to house 360 illegal Mexican immigrants in 2005.

Trumbo said he did not expect a reply from Mexico, but Sanchez said he believes Fox will respond.

"I don't think any government should sanction or allow illegal activity to happen at their borders," Trumbo said. "The United States is my home, and specifically, Umatilla County is my home.

"These people have entered my home and committed crimes, and I don't like it."

Sanchez said Trumbo should recognize the contributions the Hispanic community makes to the county.

"The Mexican people contribute to the community through their work," Sanchez said. "They pay rent or own houses; they buy food in the community."

But Trumbo said he is concerned about a different portion of the local Hispanic community.

"Ninety-five percent of the Hispanic population here are working hard, paying their taxes and are good people," Trumbo said.

He said he worries about "those who sneak in and end up in jail, and our citizens are the ones who end up having to pay for their medical and dental and housing. Enough is enough."

Sanchez said if Trumbo wants funding for jail costs of illegal immigrants, "does he want Mexico to send its police there to take care of crime committed by Mexicans, too?"

Trumbo has been deluged with national interview requests since news of his demand got out.

Patty Carson, of Hermiston, said she is pleased to hear his message is spreading quickly.

She said she thinks all of Oregon's 36 sheriffs should do the same.

"I don't know how many other states are having the same problems, but if they are, they should send them, too," Carson added.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Amazing how blind and ignorant Fernando Sanchez is.

What is it they think these illegals are contributing? Not taxes, as they do not either pay them, or if they do, it never comes close to what is paid out to take care of them and their children.

Oregon does not have a sales tax. We cannot benefit from their buying groceries here, and also that the majority of grocery stores are owned by out of state compaines, as well as home improvement, and other retail chains.

If they are illegal, then they likely live in rental housing that is sub-standard in order to lay low. If any own homes, it is more likely by legal citizens or those with green cards, still no benefit to the state.

I personally have written a letter to Multnomah counties sheriff, Bernie Giusto, asking him to do the same.

Also I decided to send a letter to Fernando Sanchez about his ignorant remarks (NO, I DID NOT SAY EXACTLY THAT!!) and how he is the one that is highly erroneous about his assumptions and/or understanding of the so-called "contributions" ILLEGAL ALIENS FROM MEXICO (notice he never mentioned that they were illegal aliens?) make in the community they invade. I will include my letter, if anyone wants to use it as a template for their own state Mexican consulate.

Fernando Snachez
    Mexican Consulate
    1234 SW Morrison
    Portland, OR 97205

Dear Fernando Sanchez,

The previous week Sheriff John Trumbo of Umatilla County sent a bill to President Vicente Fox to cover housing of illegal aliens from Mexico in that counties jail.

You made the statement regarding this bill, by stating that it is the host countries obligation to pay for any services or costs for the illegal aliens.

First let me say something, as an American citizen. We are not hosts to illegal aliens from Mexico, we did not invite them here, they came here ILLEGALLY, that is, against our laws as a sovereign nation. Therefore, your statement was erroneous, and an insult to all Americans. Expecting us to pay for the housing, feeding, educating and incarcerating of your citizens that have come here without our explicit permission.

The second statement is this; you also said about Trumbo's bill that he underestimated the contribution to the community that those illegal aliens from Mexico have made. This is also erroneous. When illegal aliens are hired, it is for a wage under that of the prevailing wage. Therefore, those wage earners, even if they will voluntarily pay taxes, would not have been taxed as their wages are far too low.

Since Oregon does not have a sales tax, and most if not all illegal aliens are not property owners, then they contribute nothing into the tax base that supports schools, social services and state and county services, all of which they use, albeit they should not be allowed to, as non-citizens.

As a citizen of this country, I have had all that I can tolerate of your government meddling in our affairs, attempting to influence our politicians to make decisions that only benefit your country. Americans are polarizing and are not willing to allow anymore. We are pushing for enforcement of our immigration laws and to tighten security all along our entire southern border.

No longer will I and my family and friends sit back while illegal aliens from Mexico, come here and take jobs from Americans for under the prevailing wage, driving down wages for American workers. When we know of any employer hiring illegal aliens, we will report them.

It is no longer an option to stand back while our community is destroyed by an invasion of a society that does not share our values and that does not intend to obey our laws.

I will be asking Multnomah county sheriff, Bernie Giusto, to do as Sheriff John Trumbo did. I will be sending letters to my congressmen and senators and my state government as well.

"Our obligations to our country never cease, but with our lives."
    John Adams to Benjamin Rush, April 18, 1808

Well, I wonder if I said "illegal aliens from Mexico" enough times to get the point across that they are ILLEGAL ALIENS and they are from MEXICO to Fernando Sanchez so that he will not be mistaken about the identity of the criminals he has mistaken for being law-abiding legalized immigrants again, think so?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast