Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    . While i agree with many points made here by some of you, i disagree with many as well.
    Well, that's probably the biggest difference between you and US. We are not wishy washy on this issue, because we know better.

Why don't you back up what you claim to be lies with some examples of what you have read, NewYorker.

We are very confident in this debate, and although we are all very busy right now, I'm sure some of us might manage to find a few minutes to respond to anything that you might find to be unbelievable. Unfortunately a lot of what is TRUE regarding illegal immigration in America seems unbelievable, but it is really happening. Stay with us, and we will try to respond to you as much as possible.
    You tell me to stay with you yet you tell me you know better, and what is this YOU and US. Last time i checked my birth certificate is as american as yours buddy.

What you call wishy washy, i call compassion.

If it helps you sleep better at night thinking that you are better than me in any way, shape or form, because you have this firm stance on immigration and your comments about YOu and US and knowing better than anyone that disagrees with you, then by all means keep thinking it.

just like the DreamAct site that would not let PinToBean go beyond one post for wanting to debate. I find that on this site most have absolutely zero compassion and are not in the least open to any kind of debate. It is either your way or the highway.

Do i want to waste my time with people like that, absolutely not.

I am looking to join a group of people who want to debate immigration and take a stance as a group. Not only in a web forum but in truth. But, i doubt this is the right place for me. Not here to disrespect anyone and if i done so excuse me. but no, Mr. LegalUSCitizen, i must turn down your offer to stay. As you already said, you know better than i. Why would i want to debate someone who from the start is portraying himself as the know it all?

New Yorker:

Some here are rightfully angry, they have had sand kicked in their face by our own government, and watched those who have stolen their jobs boldly march demanding rights, demanding their criminal behaviors be wiped away as if they never happened.

Your side as it were wants to say we only came here for a better life, and we deserve to be treated with respect...well, first respect is EARNED, not demanded. Additionally, your side and our president want to claim that you (you meaning illegals) only take jobs we Americans DO NO WANT, and not only is that and insult to us, it is a lie. Argue any way you want, but the Pew Report on Mexican illegal immigration makes some points that show I am right.

1. Illegal Immigration from Mexico (just Mexico) depresses the wages of middle and lower class Americans by over $200 BILLION dollars a year. The illegal population now avoids looking for jobs in the agricultural arena because they have found they can make more money in other areas of the economy, construction and landscaping being two such industries. Do you really think it fair that they come to this country, and find jobs by UNDER CUTTING OUR WAGE SCALES?

2. I read an article the other day wherein the Latino and Pro-Illegal Alien sector had the unmitigated gall to compare their movement to the civil rights movement of the 1960's. The Pew Report on Hispanic Illegal Immigration stated that of all the groups in America getting hurt the worst, two groups felt the largest brunt of the cost. These two groups are our black population base, and young adults (16-20) just moving into the job market. Jobs for young adults are down by over 30 percent as many illegal workers find sactuary and a pay check with places like McDonalds, thus stealing many jobs that were our childrens entry level positions in the work place as they began building their resumes for adulthood. It was estimated, that blacks as a whole were seeing a depreciation of their wages of over 9 percent, while young black men (20-24) were seeing their wages depreciated by over 12 percent because of illegal workers in the work place that are taking jobs in fields that were traditionally dominated by them.

We Americans have never been afraid to work, never been too proud to work at any job. However, in the last century, we worked very hard, protested, went out on strikes, took the steps necessary to have a basic set of standards that allow us to live relatively comfortable by world standards, and now some 12 million illegal workers (80 percent from Mexico) act as if it is their right to just waltz right in, ride our coat tails of hard work, and steal our jobs and way of life so that they can live their dreams. Sorry, but like it or not, the whole thought process of this shows a lack of respect for most hard working Americans, and speaks low of the character of your peoples if you have no compunctions about taking something away from another just because you want it. This influx of illegals is actually hurting us, and lowering our wages.

Parity...where for instance is the government of Mexico in changing its immigration laws so that they are reflective of the demands they are wanting in changing ours? Is Vincenti Fox, going to change the laws of Mexico so that migration flows can go fairly and equally in both directions, is he going to change the laws so that we Americans can buy whatever we want in the way of real estate down in Mexico, instead of forcing us to let some Mexican bank own the property with a trust being set up to supposedly benefit us? Got news for you, change that one law, and America would rebuild the entire country of Mexico and make it into a world class spot in which to vacation, and then there would be NO NEED for all those Mexicans to be heading up here, as there would be plenty of jobs down there.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Banned
    Don't let the door hit ya,

Where the good Lord split ya!

Adios, amigo!

Hey New York.

We are not here to debate much. This debate has already taken place.

In fact, it has been debated before now on the floor of the congress and voted into law.

We are here to push for our existing laws to be enforced.

The American public has spoken and there is no debate about that!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker
    I am looking to join a group of people who want to debate immigration and take a stance as a group. Not only in a web forum but in truth. But, i doubt this is the right place for me. Not here to disrespect anyone and if i done so excuse me. but no, Mr. LegalUSCitizen, i must turn down your offer to stay. As you already said, you know better than i. Why would i want to debate someone who from the start is portraying himself as the know it all?
    I'm deactivating your account since you indicated your not staying. Go ahead and keep looking for that imaginary web site your seeking. I have a feeling your the type of person that likes to talk and hurl insults, but offer no solutions. That's the facts as I see them from your brief posting history at Alipac. Goodbye and good luck on your pursuit of looking for a better site!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Instead of debating people on that forum like New Yorker, I think our time is better spent with our calls and letters. I logged off Monday night and didn't return yesterday at all. The main person I was debating with there, was a woman from my town who went on and on about her illegal friends, and how they were productive members of society and that was her argument why it was ok. She would ignore all the questions I asked about them while constantly challenging me on the fact that she thought they didn't take jobs from Americans. I suspect her "illegal friends" she was talking about propably were her and her family. My original post was very tame, people before me had spoken out a lot more harshly about illegal immigration, I think the reason so many were put off and silent was my inclusion of the link to the ALIPAC website. I think many people worry that joining an organized group against illegal immigration will make others feel they are racist or at the least, not compassionate. I also think that those that felt the way I did, didn't come out in my defense because they didn't want to look "bad" in front of their online friends. I've gotten past the point where I worry about offending people with my opinions, I don't need everyone to like me. It just kills me, because if pro illegal supporters had one tenth of the "compassion" for American Citizens being hurt by this we wouldn't have such a huge problem in this country. On a high note, many were saying on this boarch that the marches were hurting the other side and helping us. At first I didn't know if I agreed with this or not. But a HUGE number of people on that forum were saying how much the Mexican flag waving angered them. Illegal immigrants PLEASE HAVE A MILLION MAN MARCH IN D.C. It would be the best thing to ever happen for our side. I'm going to be doing lots of letters today. I have my husband doing the calls. He's having a hard time getting through to Senator Feinstein but we'll keep trying. Thanks to everyone for their support.

think the New Yorker guy was a member of that CASA site or something..

anyhow, as for posting in forums and such, I've found that people tend to not be very knowledgable of the whole immigration issue. So, what I do is educate them on whats going on with illegal immigration and why I'm against it.. Then I'll give them links to our site here, ICE, and INS.

What I've found is a mixed bag of opinions on the subject.

I'd say 50% of the people who reply, will say "they doing the jobs Americans dont want to do" and are pretty passive minded, and dont understand why im so concerned about it.

Theres 25% of them that say they understand my concern and agree with my points, but just don't see it as being a priority for the US to focus on vs war, gas prices, etc etc..

Then theres the other 25% who are gun ho, want to kick all the illegals out, etc etc...

I think one reason why I got a half a half kind of response in my last postings on my hometown forum is b/c we're not a border town, nor anywhere near the US/Mexico border. I suspect the closer you get to those areas where illegals are very prominent, you will find more support. Lets face it, if you go up to IOWA where theres hardly any illegals, your likely to find a lot less support in the ALI-PAC cause vs if you were posting in a Texas forum.

good luck out there, spread the word...

Well, said, Diana.

Personally, I am 64 years old - I can live with this situation for whatever time I have left in this world - even supposing, and hoping, it is quite some time.

The problem and the hurt is the kind of world I will be leaving my 3 grandchildren. Unless things change, they won't have a chance at the American dream. AS it is, they will never know the America I have been privileged to know.

Their education is already being affected. I haven't seen any polls this year, but Texas has been next to last in eduction in the US. There are other things that have affected this as well, but illegal immigration is one of the main factors.

Our property taxes are skyrocketing. Texas is broke and monies promised to states to cover these costs have been cut back. The state had to find the money somewhere. They have raised property taxes dramatically - then they 're-evaluated' the property. They have our home evaluated at twice what it could ever sell for - that is a fact.

Healthcare is unaffordable for a lot of working American families - yet they are being forced to pay to provide healthcare for illegal aliens.

Yes, I can live with it - but how can I leave this to my grandchildren - they deserve better - and shame on me if I don't do as much as I can.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You did good Diana. For me personally, I look at it like this, if people are not woke up by now to what's happening, then there's no hope they ever will get past the brainwashing. Mr New Yorker is a prime example of this type of deluded person. Nothing you say to him will get through what's been pounded into his head. Use all the indisputable facts you want, take him and show him some examples out in the real world, let him get jumped and beaten in one of these neighborhood and he'll STILL believe what he was told to believe. I thank God almost daily for the gift of critical thinking and the ability to use it to see life realistically. I also thank God for giving the resolve and strength to not allow them to brainwash me. Of course, public schools were much different when I attended them, so I was lucky.

Talked to some family members just now that live on the Illinois/Iowa border in an area with few illegals. Just last year I broached the subject of illegals with them and how bad it was here in California. It fell upon deaf ears. The response they had" That's how this country was built" They are immigrants too. Just got off the phone ! My how their attitude has changed. The marches have opened their eyes, they are spittin mad !!! It wasn't in their face, they didn't know what was going on. They know now. There is hope !! I'm so happy right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast