Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unbelivable!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome just saying!

Left a comment at the link. He most certainly owes an apology. Maybe this will teach him not to alienate his voting base like that. I didn't have time get too far into his political experience, but by his comments, he sounds like a novice...that being said, they all put thier foot into it at one point or another.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Welcome JustSaying Glad that you have joined the team

You are not powerless! Amnesty has been beaten back several times already by people just like you.

Have you considered writing to your local papers, and pointing out that this candidate is really a progressive in disquise on illegal immigration? (As a Democrat, who is progressive on some issues, I feel justified in making that comment).

I have had the following two letters published in my left wing local paper (readership 1.6 million daily).

Letter # One
    Dear Letters Editor,

Tom Campbell’s web site trumpets his anti amnesty, strict border enforcement and pro E Verify stance. However, he goes on to support granting amnesty to people who were brought into the country illegally by their parents. Of course, once legal themselves, they can sponsor their lawbreaking parents, as can the American born children of illegal immigrants. But the kicker is in the fine print. Tom Campbell is only proposing E Verify for new hires. So while waiting for their children to make them legal, the parents can keep on working here illegally. The result, through this slight of hand, is effective amnesty for all. It looks like Carly Fiorina’s assessment of Tom Campbell is correct; he is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Letter # Two
    Dear Letters Editor,

With 25 million Americans out of work, 37% of our youth jobless, and 21% of our young veterans, who put their lives on the line for our country, unable to find employment, the most recent push for amnesty for illegal immigrants, aka “comprehensive immigration reformâ€
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

You can also write comments on news articles appearing on line. Most pro amnesty articles are followed by 99% anti amnesty comments! It does raise one's spirits.
    I've noticed this also. People are really steamed about it, and it is comforting to know we are not the only ones who feel this way as the OBL'ers would like us to believe.

Great letters Bettybb!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi SicNTired,

Thanks for the compliment.

I see you are from Southern California. Have you figured out what Meg Whitman's stance is yet on illegal immigration. She says she is against it, but does not think benefits should be cut to kids. She also says she is anti amnesty, which could mean anything, as many pols are saying that because they have decided comprehenisve immigration reform, with conditions for amnesty, isn't amnesty.

I wrote her website about it, but they did not respond.

Do you know if she is on the up and up?
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    Hi SicNTired,

Thanks for the compliment.

I see you are from Southern California. Have you figured out what Meg Whitman's stance is yet on illegal immigration. She says she is against it, but does not think benefits should be cut to kids. She also says she is anti amnesty, which could mean anything, as many pols are saying that because they have decided comprehenisve immigration reform, with conditions for amnesty, isn't amnesty.

I wrote her website about it, but they did not respond.

Do you know if she is on the up and up?
    From what I've heard, she is a total RINO. I used to be a seller with a store on eBay until 2006, and I can tell you we were not too happy with her. Personally, I would not trust her as far as I could throw her. I've also heard Fiorina is a RINO.

Right now, I'd look in to Steve Poizner. He's the only candidate I've heard that is brave enough to come out with an anti - illegal alien commercial - something that could make or break his election. I don't totally trust any politician, but I'm going to keep an eye on him. He must be on to something, like the fact that most of us are fed up with IA's and the drain they are on the state to be so "out in the open" about the IA issue....

Bettybb

would you mind if I cut and pasted your sample letters?

Last night I also responded to a new paper artical that I found in the "poll forum"

I am still fumming. I sarred down a bad driver today, not because what the driver did, but becuase I am still mad.

Just Saying
    Always Question Authority; It's YOUR Right.

Welcome, JustSaying. And you have come to the right place, as we have an entire country to try to turn around back onto the track of sovereignty and "the squeaky wheel always gets the grease." American citizens need to make sure they get the grease!

SicNTired wrote

From what I've heard, she is a total RINO. I used to be a seller with a store on eBay until 2006, and I can tell you we were not too happy with her. Personally, I would not trust her as far as I could throw her. I've also heard Fiorina is a RINO.

Right now, I'd look in to Steve Poizner. He's the only candidate I've heard that is brave enough to come out with an anti - illegal alien commercial - something that could make or break his election. I don't totally trust any politician, but I'm going to keep an eye on him. He must be on to something, like the fact that most of us are fed up with IA's and the drain they are on the state to be so "out in the open" about the IA issue....
    [/quote]

Well, at this point I don't trust Whitman. She appears to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal, and who really knows where she stands on illegal immigration. But she seems to be trying to buy the election, thinks she has it wrapped up, and is very much limiting herself to her prewritten script.

So I will do as you suggest and look seriously at Steve Poizner. He did get that law passed that was anti bilingual education. He is solid on illegal immigration. But he is running 30 points behind in the polls as against Whitman.

Of course there is Jerry Brown (hey, I am a Democrat), but he has not yet said what he stands for, so I will have to see. Frankly, with the jerry mandered assembly we have, I like the spit between a Dem assembly and a Repub governor. Gives needed balance.

In the senate race, Carly has made some very serious anti illegal immigration statements, including tough enforcement. But I am from the Bay Area, and hereabouts people think she destroyed HP, and is basically an awlful human being.

Tom Campbell of course is pretending to be anti amnesty when he is actualy for it. Given his support of that professor who turned out to be supporting a terrorist organization, I think Campbell is pretty much dead in the water.

That leaves Chuck DeVore on the Repub side. He is quietly anti illegal immigration, and is the Tea Party candidate. But he is getting virtually no press coverage in our area.

Of course, whoever wins the Repub primary for Senator goes up against Boxer who is 100% pro illegal immigration.

It makes for an interesting political season.

JustSaying wrote
    would you mind if I cut and pasted your sample letters?

Last night I also responded to a new paper artical that I found in the "poll forum"

I am still fumming. I sarred down a bad driver today, not because what the driver did, but becuase I am still mad.
    Go right ahead and cut and past my letters, just change them a bit, ((or a lot if you like) because most newspapers require that letters not have been submitted or published elsewhere.

And that is great that you responded to a newspaper article on illegal immigration! Every post helps. We all need to keep getting the word out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast