Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Most of the "Homeless" people you actually see on the streets are alchoholics or drug attics or just too lazy to do anything to change it. Some actually enjoy being homeless.
    The ones that aren't seen on the streets are the ones who have been hit with unseen circumstances or some may have became poor and homeless because of a mistake they made themselves.
    But these are the ones that are trying to do something about it.

Many people who have become poor due to " economic or employment reasons",and have too much Pride in themselves to accept charity hand outs or Welfare.
    They too are trying to change the problem.

Many Disabled people refuse to collect "Social Security Disabilty Insurance". Instead, they find a away to work to make a living.
    I have a sister that was born Deaf due to a car accident my Mother was in while pregnant with her.
    Shes never been on SSDI. Now she's a "Computer Programmer" in Ammerillo, Tx.
    Some Disabled people don't have ablity or mobilty(privilege) to work , yet, eventually are put on their own and draw SSDI. Inevidibly, these people are poor because of low SSDI payments.
    ------------------------

All good thoughts and personally, I'm not talking about the homeless. I think some of them are drug addicts, alcholics, very sick people who should be institutionalized, and there are probably some that are there because of circumstances not of their own making.

I am as skeptical as anyone else about the Christmas charities - that may seem hard hearted, but I didn't even put in the SA kettles.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Don't forget,,,,,,,,,,,,Privleges are "earned".

americangirl wrote:

And if you're poor, then you're not "needy" you're just plain stupid.
    I'm sorry, but saying that contradicts any word or meaning of "EXCEPTIONS".
    Good point. I think I got a bit carried away with that statement.

You all make good points. I still stand by my initial post, however, that it's unfair to degrade all the American citizens who have managed to work hard and save their money, and, therefore, stay out of the poorhouse, as somehow more "priviliged" than others.

My whole point was that I am offended that so many in our culture see people who prosper as being "priviliged" and people who are poor as being "unpriviliged". It's much more complicated than that (as so many of you have pointed out), and with all I've worked for and sacrificed in my life (including not having children) in order to remain solvent and secure, I REFUSE to be labeled as "priviliged".
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

americangirl Sorry if I jumped too hard. It wasn't intentional.

We agree that many people live above their means - many, many and it bothers me. I see young mothers in Wal Mart with their carts full of cheap, shoddy, useless stuff and I just want to shake them, but they are so addicted to it, and so brainwashed by our society. They think being able to fill a cart at Wal Mart means you 'have arrived'.

Personally, I just don't spend money lightly. It isn't that I revere money or want to horde it - just am so careful.

Once in a bookstore, there was a book I wanted, but it was $20. I knew if I waited a little while, I would find it at a thrift store or garage sale, but just really, really wanted it then. As my daughter and I were waiting in line, I actually began shaking a little at the prospect of just really blowing $20. My daughter laughed, and held my arm and said, 'Don't worry, Mother, I'll walk you through it.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to END ALL JOBS and BENEFITS to ILLEGALS and DEPORT them, then we may have MORE resources for our OWN people!

Edit myself: Information id rather keep to myself...
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

AmericanGirl:
    You've made your point understandable.
    You may not want to believe this, but you have a guilty concience, and that's exactly what these type of commercials are made to do.
    Make people feel guilty so they will donate.

Life is,or can be like a rollacoaster, you'll go down faster than you went up.
    It takes time to reposition yourself, but with willpower, you can do it.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I've worked for and sacrificed in my life (including not having children) in order to remain solvent and secure, I REFUSE to be labeled as "priviliged".
    Hhmmmmm. Interesting that nowadays to be economically secure, people have fewer children or no children at all.

Think that might be part of the plan of the evil-doers
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

americangirl Sorry if I jumped too hard. It wasn't intentional.
    nntrixie....no worries. We're all just expressing our opinions; I don't feel badly about that.

AmericanGirl:
    You've made your point understandable.
    You may not want to believe this, but you have a guilty concience, and that's exactly what these type of commercials are made to do.
    Make people feel guilty so they will donate.
    mkfarnam...I'm sure I DO have a guilty conscience, but I'm trying to overcome that because I truly believe I have no reason to feel guilty. I did nothing wrong.

Hhmmmmm. Interesting that nowadays to be economically secure, people have fewer children or no children at all.

Think that might be part of the plan of the evil-doers
    BearFlagRepublic...I think that there are many women like myself who have opted out of childbearing. Sadly, most of the women having children today are the women who can't afford them.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    BearFlagRepublic...I think that there are many women like myself who have opted out of childbearing. Sadly, most of the women having children today are the women who can't afford them.
    That's my point. I am not making a judgement call on you. I am saying that the elites have set up a society now days where only Third Worlders are re-populating the planet.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast