Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    BearFlagRepublic...I think that there are many women like myself who have opted out of childbearing. Sadly, most of the women having children today are the women who can't afford them.
    That's my point. I am not making a judgement call on you. I am saying that the elites have set up a society now days where only Third Worlders are re-populating the planet.
    It sure seems that way, doesn't it? Guess the elites want a two-class society: the rich, and the peasants who serve them.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

AmericanGirl wrote:
    It sure seems that way, doesn't it? Guess the elites want a two-class society: the rich, and the peasants who serve them.
    Exactly!

Here in OK. I've seen a couple (so called) old Mansions sitting way away from the road,(in fields with no cosmetic landscape) Some just might wonder if their old Plantations.
    ------------------------

"Underprivelaged" is just a PC term to not insult the poor people, yet try to tear at your heartstrings to give.

I will say that there was one year where if we hadn't been given a few items donated to us, my kids would have had no gifts to open on Christmas morning. As it were, we had a great time coloring in our cardboard Christmas tree, singing carols, and sipping hot cocoa as they each opened a few inexpensive yet priceless gifts.

It's not that I am incapable or unwilling to work for the things we need. Life dealt us a very bad hand that year. I worked as hard as I could to get us out of that hole the next year, and today we have a brand new computer, a somewhat new car, and our rent is paid every month on time, every time.

I know that Christmas that year would have been a sadder memory for me if someone hadn't given what they did for my kids.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Quote Originally Posted by corhanem
    "Underprivelaged" is just a PC term to not insult the poor people, yet try to tear at your heartstrings to give.

I will say that there was one year where if we hadn't been given a few items donated to us, my kids would have had no gifts to open on Christmas morning. As it were, we had a great time coloring in our cardboard Christmas tree, singing carols, and sipping hot cocoa as they each opened a few inexpensive yet priceless gifts.
    3 yrs ago our favorite place for Christmas presents was the local Dollar General/Big Lots. My children were still excited to open them. If disappointed sure didn't let on they were.

One year my children went to pick out a gift with local police officers.

Times have changed now, we give a donation.

We donate clothes to a local church. I give to the local boy and girls club. That old Santa Clause when he is outside ringing that bell, I add to that bucket.

Does it pull at my heartstrings, yes. However actually walking a mile in their shoes..It's a honor to be able to help. That is directed towards "LEGAL" American families ..I actually am aware that try as they may there still kept down. Rather that local factory had a large lay-off, moved to Mexico or their just physically unable to work. If there job was taken over by a construction company of illegals. Now there pay is half of what it use to be, if they can get the work in the first place.

I don't believe those people are "stupid" at all.

GodBless
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

I don't equate being poor in the U.S. with being "needy". If you live in the U.S. (now I'm speaking only of people who are living in the U.S. LEGALLY), then you have every opportunity you could possibly have. And if you're poor, then you're not "needy" you're just plain stupid.

This is the easiest country in the world to make it in. Look at all the people who want to come here? So I just can't imagine how a bonafide American citizen could be poor (in the truest sense of the word). And yet we DO have many poor families in the U.S. But their poverty is their fault and not some sad consequence of their lack of "priviliges".

And when we give and give and give to these poor U.S. families, you know what happens? We perpetuate MORE poor U.S. families.

END THE WELFARE STATE IN THE U.S. AND YOU'LL END POVERTY IN THE U.S.

I There are some people who are poor who are not simply "stupid" as you so kindly put it. There are some extenuating circumstances that put individuals in times of need and for pete's sake I am glad that there are some compassionate people who understand this and do indeed help out when/if they can. Not fair of you to paint poor people with so broad a brush. You and your children, if any, must have good health and/or have never lost a job/home before. God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I don't equate being poor in the U.S. with being "needy". If you live in the U.S. (now I'm speaking only of people who are living in the U.S. LEGALLY), then you have every opportunity you could possibly have. And if you're poor, then you're not "needy" you're just plain stupid.

This is the easiest country in the world to make it in. Look at all the people who want to come here? So I just can't imagine how a bonafide American citizen could be poor (in the truest sense of the word). And yet we DO have many poor families in the U.S. But their poverty is their fault and not some sad consequence of their lack of "priviliges".

And when we give and give and give to these poor U.S. families, you know what happens? We perpetuate MORE poor U.S. families.

END THE WELFARE STATE IN THE U.S. AND YOU'LL END POVERTY IN THE U.S.
    I'm sorry americangirl, but unless you've walked a mile in their shoes, you have no grounds to pass judgment.

My own story has been posted here in full, and even placed into the Congressional record by DA King when he testified to Congress about the illegal alien problem in Georgia. To recap, I grew up in the construction trades, which in the 60's and 70's was an honorable profession that allowed a middle-class standard of living. I've watched it turn into a job that can't support a family because of all the illegal aliens doing the work for less and less.

I watched a landscaping company that I founded go under because I couldn't compete with others who hired illegals for $6 an hour and undercut my bids.

I know MANY families that have lost homes and cars because their jobs were given to illegals so the 'boss' could make a bigger profit at their expense.

Try to empathise with that, especially during this time of year.
    Finally we totally agree on something!!!

If the illegals were not here, there would be plenty of opportunities for US citizens/workers. However, that is not the case anymore.

I am sure that there are some people who are taking advantage of the system------but there are also a LOT of people who truly do need help and are trying everythng that they can to get ahead.

The unemployment numbers are only showing low-----because everyone who was on unemployment, but no longer eligible for benefits----are not recorded in those figures anymore.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    americangirl Sorry if I jumped too hard. It wasn't intentional.

We agree that many people live above their means - many, many and it bothers me. I see young mothers in Wal Mart with their carts full of cheap, shoddy, useless stuff and I just want to shake them, but they are so addicted to it, and so brainwashed by our society. They think being able to fill a cart at Wal Mart means you 'have arrived'.

Personally, I just don't spend money lightly. It isn't that I revere money or want to horde it - just am so careful.

Once in a bookstore, there was a book I wanted, but it was $20. I knew if I waited a little while, I would find it at a thrift store or garage sale, but just really, really wanted it then. As my daughter and I were waiting in line, I actually began shaking a little at the prospect of just really blowing $20. My daughter laughed, and held my arm and said, 'Don't worry, Mother, I'll walk you through it.'
    About the bookstore........Do you go to http://www.amazon.com
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Let me try to put this in context for you

The grocery buisness use to be full of $15-$20 hour jobs

They were a supplier of very solid middle class jobs with fair to
    good bennies

Well all that changed a few years ago ,
    Now you have 60-70% of those jobs going to illegals with
    fake docs that are making $8 hour

With the cost of living how many Americans can survive on
    $8 hour?

Yet you could make it on $15-$20 hour
    I will not say under privledged Amerians
    More like many Americans are not getting the same shake some
    of us got

As a kid I picked fruit , I cut and stacked cordwood , did all sorts
    of menial jobs , But I was lucky enough to learn a trade that
    paid very well for 30 years , now I can be retired at 52

And this is just one business

How many Americans no longer have the opportunities we had

I have friends that apprenticed to construction trades , now its not worth it and besides , you can't get a job anyway unless your illegal

All good solid middle class jobs that we have lost to foreign nationals
    Plus, at one time.......If someone needed to make some extra money to make ends meet--- they could pick up a parttime job at a grocery store, fast food, etc.-----but they no longer can due to the illegals.

bren Yes, I know about Amazon. This was pre-internet days for us.

Last year, I didn't, but I sell books on Ebay and am going to being listing on Amazon after the first of the year.

Amazon is a good place for finding the books you want and I didn't know until a couple of years ago, they sell used books - well they are a listing service for book dealers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think there are many out there who call themselves "underprivilaged" who have an attitude that those who have something, got it easy.

I know the way I was raised it was shameful to go on welfare when you were just poor. Welfare was for the truely needy. Somewhere along the line that changed. It's more the attitude.........like my daughter is working, going to school......trying to do the right things.....yet she has friends who get pregnant, first thought is go down to welfare, they'll pay for everything, get set-up in section 8 housing and live in a better place than "poor" working people do, get food-stamps, daycare, education, vouchers for free furniture and clothes, medicade and all the rest. The father feels no need to marry her because that means he's living with them, working, lying to welfare and he's getting rent for cheap, kids being taken care and he doesn't have to try harder or make any changes. His pay goes for the plazma TV, new cars, party time etc. They do better that way than what they could if they did the "right" thing. Why do the "right" thing and strain yourself when there's such a lucrative other option? Why even TRY to scrimp and save for Christmas when you know all you have to do is enter your name or show your card and the freebies are better than anything you could have gotten? Double up with other welfare moms and their significant other and it can be a relatively easy life if you play the system. There are too many abusing the system to where the truely needy are being pushed out.

My daughters working and couldn't put away anything to get a place to live on what she makes. First, last and security...utility deposits etc. For her to live below her means....she'd have to live in a tent in the woods. It used to be that if you worked a minimum wage job you were poor but could meet basic needs. Now it doesn't come close to cutting it and right now it seems useless and unless you have children.....forget getting any help. I worked as a cocktail waitress and was able to live and put myself through school.....you can't do that now. Try being 50 and still have teen kids and have your job outsourced and survive on moms minimum wage Wal-Mart, part time job and get help. The whole thing is messed up for sure. It shouldn't be more lucrative to do nothing than to do something. But that something should be enough to live on and it's not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast