Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Univision Article-We must not allow this

We must not allow them to vote out the good senators that killed the horrible immigration reform. (I translated it to English but here's the link http://www.univision.com/content/conten ... id=1223067

THE SADEST DAY
    The failure of immigration reform
    By Jorge Ramos Avalos, Univision Online

They didn’t understand. The senators that killed the immigration reform-and the hopes of legalization of some 12 million undocumented-never understood that their decision will cost hundreds, perhaps thousands, of lives. And that they are promoting a country defined by fear and hatred.

TEARS AND DESOLATION

It was a very sad day. I heard many immigrants crying on radio shows. It is terrible to hear the stories of children who are afraid that their parents will be arrested, fathers who do not know what else to do to protect their families, and of a deaf and blind political class (who is on vacation all this week).

The senators did not do their job. Their job is to resolve problems and they failed miserably at one of the most important. They lacked political will, creativity, and courage.

The most ridiculous thing is that the decision of the senate will leave things just as they are. Every minute an undocumented illegaly crosses the border with mexico, or violates the terms of their visa, and remains here in the U.S. Half a million (illegals) are added each year to the 12 million already here.

THINGS WILL GET WORSE

When the issue resurfaces in congress in a few years, the problem will be monstrous.

But the worse thing is, that with their lack of action, the senators are condemning undreds of immigrants each year. Last year 432 died on the border. This year more may die.

DIVIDED IN TWO

The U.S. is divided in two: the legal population and then, below, far away, the undocumented. This is an exploited class, afraid, without rights, without representation….and growing each day.

These senators lack political vision. They can forget the latino vote. Already various hispanic radio stations are circulating the list of the 53 senators that voted against immigration reform.

The two political parties, democrats and republicans, are, in part, responsible for the failure in the senate. Thirty seven republican senators and 15 democrats voted against the reform.

THEY HAVE GOOD MEMORY

It is true that the undocumented do not vote. But 12 million hispanic citizens will do so in 2008. This can be the moment for political vengeance. The hispanic voters will have the memory of an elephant.

In a very close election, like we are surely to have next year, the latino vote will be crucial. And it is silly not to try to understand what the electoral group of greatest growth in the U.S. wants.

Although legalization was not obtained, there is something new in the latino and immigrant community, and that is the sensasion of power. The hispanics have discovered that together thety are stronger and that people will listen. And to prove it, there are the marches of May 1st, the million letters in favor of legalization that were taken to Washington and the high percentage of legal residents becoming citizens in order to vote.

LOTS OF ERRORS

But this doesn’t mean the the hispanics and immigrants are not guilty of the immigration reform failure in the senate. There were many errors.

For starters, there was no coordination, no common strategy among the groups that were seeking legalization.

Second, marketing failed. The anti-immigrants succeded in presenting the legalization as “amnestyâ€

This is the second mention of this pro-illegal "long memory". Seems like it's pretty selective though, because so many people seem to forget we are a nation of laws or how to stay current on their immigration status. This exceptional memory must only apply to things they want to bitch and whine about.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

"The U.S. is divided in two . . . legal population, then below, faraway? Rights, without representation?"

Hold it!!! A little clarification here. The United States is not half America and half Mexico the way this person describes it. The last I knew these are two separate countries. So, my thoughts on this are, if your illegal, don't fight for rights in this country, they don't belong to you. They belong exclusively to the American people.

Stay out of our politics and stay out of our country, unless you are invited in!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Code:
    The U.S. is divided in two: the legal population and then, below, far away, the undocumented. This is an exploited class, afraid, without rights, without representation….and growing each day.
    Undocumented=ILLEGAL, and last time I checked, they have no rights or representation!!!

*oh, sob*!!

Cry me a friggin' river.

GO BACK HOME!

So so wery,wery sad...that they believe this Hog wash
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Also, according to what a lobbyist told me, for every telefone call a senator received in favor of legalization, 200 against was received. (HA!!!!!)
    What was that you said about waking the sleeping giant?

The American people have spoken! Don't make them keep repeating themselves!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Code:
    Undocumented=ILLEGAL, and last time I checked, they have no rights or representation!!!
    Agreed!

When someone CHOSES to come here illegally, either over a border, or by overstaying a visa, they become, by definition a CRIMINAL. The use of 'undocumented' is obfuscation....lying.

As for
    Last year 432 died on the border.
    , although I feel sorry for those who died, I know how to fix it.

STAY HOME! You do NOT have a right to come to the USA, just because you want to. Apply for LEGAL admission to our country as millions around the world do! Over 3 million people are admitted legally to the USA every year. We do NOT need people who disrespect our laws, and enter illegally, as their first crime. (Next, fraudulent ID, or ID theft, etc.)

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Take your gripes south of the border.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I don't think the authors believe their own dribble, its simply propaganda meant for the uneducated peasants to whip them up into supporting leftist causes.

Look at any larger pro-illegal alien demonstration and you'll almost always see white anglo Americans handing out pre-printed signs and yelling loudly through bullhorns. In California they are professional agitators from the Communist Party and splinter groups.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast