Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Upside Of Immigration

Just to clear the air and let some of you know that immigration (even illegal) is not all bad, let me make the following points:

1. This is an immigrant country, and even times of mass immigration (like the early 1900s) eventually fueled the economy. Change is tough, and wages ARE driven down temporarily, but eventually all immigrants are working AND buying things, and the economy gets even stronger.

2. Germany is facing a problem with too many retirees and not enough workers to pay social security. Their salvation has been Turkish immigrants. Ours is Mexican workers. Contrary to what many think, they mostly pay all taxes, because they work not for cash, but with forged documents. In fact go to the Michigan government unclaimed monies site (or others) and look at all the Mexican names on the list of unclaimed tax refunds. You see, many are paying much more than their share, because they don't even claim their refunds. Most who are paying into our social security fund will never see a penny back, either.

3. Whatever you may think about the laws and what they should be, don't forget that the people are doing what you would do for your family - finding a better life.

Steve

http://www.EverythingAboutTravel.com

what is so great?

What is so great about a group of people being exploited by elements of our own Country, after being ruthlessly exploited by their own people in their "homeland" ? Are you making excuses for this?

Here they come, driven by racism and economic exploitation in their own country, by their racist elite, only to end up in the hands of scofflaw americans who would exploit them to the nines here. Who cares that they get a better deal here? The people in America sure are not. We are paying for this "benefit" to the tune of some 90,000 dollars US for each illegal assimilated here. That is the projected cost of paying for the whole nut. Health care, welfare, education, etc. etc. Some deal. Should not these people become RESPONSIBLE and clean out the rats nest that they call a government in Mexico?

We have our hands full with our own rats nest. cheers glenn

PS: I am a naturalized American from Germany, make no mistake, that all foreign workers in Germany are documented, and have been for decades. There is none of the insanity of illegal immigration in Germany. No one would stand for it. It is a matter of will, foreign workers have all the benefits that Germans do, and do not live as a subclass. Anyone working illegals in Germany will forfeit his business, and won't get the opportunity to do it again. Comparison not made.

Mochilero said: 3. Whatever you may think about the laws and what they should be, don't forget that the people are doing what you would do for your family - finding a better life.

We think very highly of our laws which exist for the purpose of protecting the American people.

Our families and our children are precisely why 86 to 90% of the American people stand firmly against illegal immigration. We not only want a better life for our families, we will watch with great vigilance any activity which undermines the safety and well being of our citizens and our country. If we were to do otherwise, we would be irresponsible, and ignoring our duty as American Citizens. Last, but certainly not least, it is our RIGHT as American Citizens to guide our country down a path of lawfulness. It has always been our choice, and we do not intend to change that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The Upside Of Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by mochilero
    Just to clear the air and let some of you know that immigration (even illegal) is not all bad, let me make the following points:
    Don't think you'll find much agreement on your points. You have a right to your "points/views" and we have the same right to have opposing views.

Your statements are erroneous and not based on fact but rather supposition. Not all the money earned stays in the United States. It is also sent back to Mexico for family still living there.

This country was based on LEGAL immigration not ILLEGAL immigration.

Most who are paying into our social security fund will never see a penny back, either.
    You won't get a drop of sympathy out of me on that. If they came here legally, they wouldn't have to forfeit. And it's highly questionable as to the validity of the SS numbers. They're probably fraudulent or stolen.

Whatever you may think about the laws and what they should be, don't forget that the people are doing what you would do for your family - finding a better life.
    I believe in staying within the law to provide for my family! I don't believe "wanting a better life" is justification for breaking the law - EVER! Does that mean that if someone hits the streets out of work that he is justified in robbing a bank "for a better life" (in other words - so the family won't go hungry). Or course not! That example is as ludicrous as your reasoning.

Wake up and smell the coffee! We have immigration laws. It is a crime to enter this country illegally. Those laws should be enforced! If they were, we wouldn't have all these illegal squatters now!

Howabout not having a family until you can afford one? I mean this is a core concept of constructive, contributing members of this nation.

I know what I would do and breaking into another country carried by smugglers is not the answer. I would work in my own community and stand up to my own government to insist on improvements. I would not run to another country to take advantage of the work, laws, and culture of another nation that fought their battles abroad and at home.

Did Americans rush to other nations during the great depression? Have we ever looked to others to solve our problems?

This is not 1905. And even if it was, Americans set up restrictions to cut off the massive flow of immigration into the country. At the turn of the last century, most of America still lived in what today would be considered 3rd world conditions. There were no taxpayer healthcare and educational systems to break.

Furthermore, the current wave of illegal immigration has now exceeded America's prior waves of immigration in both numberics and percentage of the population.

We have never faced anything like what is happening today before.

Once again, the finer points of America's history are being used to try and take from us and keep us sitting still while our nation is plundered by those that are here to take! That's called stealing. When you take something that is not yours and it is against the law for you to take it then it's stealing.

And for the 20th time, most of the Irish were legal immigrants. They came and got the proper documents, had a job waiting, and were screened for diseases.

America is a land of LEGAL immigrants.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No matter

No matter the past, though it is of importance, more to the point, what is the future going to look like?

Any comparisons to then(1905) and now, are just silly. Illegals are driving cars now, not donkeys, and mules. The context of what is availiable today and what it costs in resources to provide it isn't comparable. What was an average lifespan back then, 55 years? If you got sick and were an immigrant you likely suffered wherever you lived, and perhaps perished with the dieseases contracted, amongst your family. It wasn't possible to get a cab ride to the emergency room, and then have the benevolent pay for it.

We are so much more now, and I am happy to grant the leg up, just do it THE AMERICAN WAY! GET LEGAL. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!! Especially with the benefits availaiable.

In their defense
    (laugh) The Irish could speak English. cheers glenn

I will agree with you when you stated that its just silly to compare how things were 55 years ago and now, and to expect that's the way it should be now. Do it the American way, get legal.

Well, everything is fine if the illegals were legal, but they aren't. Even if they were, the legalization process of migrating here is way off balance. REGULATED IMMIGRATION, instead of a free-for-all, is what America needs. No country can survive without some kind of regulation of immigration.

If someone is here illegally, they shouldn't get a dime (especially a car or a home loan) and the sob that hires them should be jailed. The president who looks the other way should be impeached.

in 2000 The US Department of Justice reported that between 1995-2000 an estimated 30 million illegals entered the United States annually. I would say we have a problem. If they were trying for a better life then they would try to legally become Americans or stand up against the oppressors of their homeland.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

There are certainly a lot of people who feel Mass Immigration has benfited America in certain ways. People can believe whatever they want, come up to any conclusions they want. To some degree it comes down to a matter of opinion. And you can site statistics: Mass Immigration has benefited America in this way, that way, and the other way. Just as the anti-Mass Immigration forces make their case pointing out all the ways America has been degraded by Mass Immigration.

My opinion? Mass Immigration has been one of the BIGGEST DISASTERS ever inflicted on America. We have to stop it. And we have to stop it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast