Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

URGENT!

URGENT! GLENN BECK SAYS the senate is meeting NOW to pass that GLOBAL POVERTY ACT so that the UN can take part of our tax dollars...also in the act is the UN taking eveyone's hand guns. We really need to call the senate switchboard NOW!

September 26, 2007 Shawnda Hines 301-960-4913
    Jennifer Stapleton 202-464-8123

House Passes Global Poverty Act
    On September 25, the House of Representatives passed the Global Poverty Act (H.R. 1302) by voice vote. Introduced by Reps. Adam Smith (D-WA) and Spencer Bachus (R-AL), the legislation would require the president to develop and implement a strategy for achieving the Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme global poverty in half by 2015.

"Passage of the Global Poverty Act in the House is an important step toward making global poverty reduction a stated priority for our nation," said Rev. David Beckmann, President of Bread for the World. "If we're serious about creating a world where everyone can earn a sufficient, sustainable livelihood, we must start with a blueprint."

The Global Poverty Act would:

Require the president to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to cut in half extreme global poverty by 2015.
    Include guidelines for what the strategy should include - from aid, trade, and debt relief, to working with the international community, businesses and NGOs.
    Require that the president's strategy include specific and measurable goals, efforts to be undertaken, benchmarks and timetables.
    Require the president to report back to Congress biannually on progress made in the implementation of the global poverty strategy.
    "Getting the Global Poverty Act passed by the Senate and signed into law by the president will be part of Bread for the World's 2008 Offering of Letters campaign," said Beckmann. "We will also push for additional funding for effective programs that help developing countries in Africa and other poor parts of the world. Smart, long-term solutions to global poverty will require both more and better aid."

http://www.bread.org/press-room/release ... D=36251782
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Phrede have you seen anything on this on C-Span?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called...

I called just now..and it has left committee (Foreign Relations Committee) and is being pushed UP ...they are now discussing a bill to vamp up the medical care for Indians...but it COULD get to the floor today..this is VERY BAD.

The Global Poverty Act was introduced by the New Puppet Prince Obama and co sponsors of this Act are:
    Biden
    Dodd
    Fiengold
    Menendez
    Durban
    Cantwell
    Feinstein
    Hagel
    Lugar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Phrede have you seen anything on this on C-Span?
    Nada. Sorry, I just haven't been tuned into CSpan to monitor the critters in Congress much lately... ()
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    I read about this on Congress.org. I think it's SB81? They say it has backing from LaRaza, Walmart and some others. I will try to find the article and post it.

I would just kindly remind that with our present focus efforts in OR (check), UT, IN that we are concentrating on getting these completed at the moment.

This topic might work into the mix later on, but right now we need to focus on the pressing topics of Utah and Indiana. Since these are state/local level projects (UT and IN) they are tailor-made to work toward our strengths and existing modus operandi.

working4change
    You are right Phrede. Sorry.

No this is really important as well if you value the 2nd ammendmant...

In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration commits nations to banning “small arms and light weaponsâ€

If they are stupid enough to pass this and then try to enforce this law it could bring opn a civil war because I for one will never give up any of my guns!!
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast