Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Dept of Justice and Border Agents Ramos and Compean

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_rel ... mt_lon.pdf

I am very troubled about the conviction of Border Patrol agents Ramos and Compean. It is terrible that these two men are facing 12 year jail sentences for shooting an illegal drug smuggler in the buttocks.

Why should the agents be sentenced for defending themselves against an illegal drug smuggler? This is outrageous!

I decided to look for the government's point of view and found this document from the US Department of Justice on this case. At least I thought I would begin by hearing the Justice Department's point of view in this case.

Following are some excerpts from this article that shed some light about the sentencing of these men. I am more confused than ever on this though:

“After the shooting, Compean and Ramos decided to lie to their supervisors about the shooting and picked up and threw away the fired shell casings. Next they filed a false investigative report leaving out any mention of the confrontation with the alien.”

“The agents' criminal behavior, lies and efforts to conceal their crime destroyed their credibility before any jury.”

Considering the above, (please read entire story) in my opinion the punishment is way too harsh. I understand the US D of J point of view; however, I think these men are being scapegoated to set an example for lying in a report.

I believe these men should be freed and put on leave without pay for sometime and then brought back to work. A punishment like this would fit the 'crime' but 12 years in jail is uncalled for!!

Welcome to ALIPAC melanie.

I hope you spend a little time here with us and participate in our activist operations.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TWO OF OUR U.S. BORDER PATROL AGENTS HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS!!

IT IS AN OUTRAGE AND WE MUST DO SOMETHING.

CLICK HERE TO HEAR ROGER'S JANUARY 17TH INTERVIEW WITH JOHNNY SUTTON THE U.S. ATTORNEY FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS...THEY GUY WHO LED THE PROSECUTION OF OUR AGENTS:

http://rogerhedgecock.com/files/best-of ... 7%2007.mp3

Melanie. first of all welcome to the forums
    second of all i ask that you take the three or five page statement from Johnny Sutton with a grain of salt.
    If you are open to reading up on this story i can offer you some links to interviews with Ramos, Compean, TJ Bonner of the border patrol union. Andy Ramirez of friends of the border patrol websight who has had chances to read the testimony, Joe Loya, the father in law of Ramos. I have read the statements from the DOJ and Sutton and can refute statements on there based on the interviews of the above...

Johnny Sutton would lead you to believe that these are bad bad men. Truth is they are not, they were doing their job and stopping an illegal shipment in the van the drug runner was driving. they saw something in his hand and this is their testimony in court, they could not tell what but when someone is trying to run away an they keep turning to see what your doing and you see something in their hand, you are not going to wait to see what it is, your going to try to defend your self.
    Sutton would have you believe the myth that the incident happened at night but when i read that it was the first time i had seen anyone say this because Ramos even says he was at the Fabens BP station eating LUNCH.

Sutton claims the drug runner did not bring in another load of pot, this time 1000 pounds. he wants you to believe he did not give immunity a second time for this run, when he did.
    Sutton would have you believe that Ramos was never up for border patrol agent of the year in 05 before the incident happened, when he was.

if you really want to believe sutton and the DOJ statement,
    i have two words for ya------------WARREN REPORT
    where witness testimony was changed when the report came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    TWO OF OUR U.S. BORDER PATROL AGENTS HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR DOING THEIR JOBS!!

CLICK HERE TO HEAR ROGER'S JANUARY 17TH INTERVIEW WITH JOHNNY SUTTON THE U.S. ATTORNEY FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS...THEY GUY WHO LED THE PROSECUTION OF OUR AGENTS:

you mean the guy who is so full of lies that now he has to make the rounds in the media to try to convince americans that he is right and that ramos and compean are REALLY BAD PEOPLE

Johnny Sutton was on the O'reilly show tonight bashing the border guards calling them "bad" men, I can see this administration, and our Justice Dept are getting a little antsy here so they are bringing out the prosecutor to defend "their" case against the border guards. I think the 3 jurors who felt they were coerced into voting for the guilty verdict should be interviewed by Lou Dobbs!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Does anyone here find it the least bit suspicous that the drug dealers mother just happened to have a friend who had a son in law that's a border patrol agent?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip

No, they were imprisoned for NOT doing their jobs. Specifically, RATHER THAN taking into custody a drug trafficker they got the drop on and who, according to the testimony of themselves and other agents, attempted to surrender with arms raised and palms open, one of the officers decided that it would be a better idea to hit the man with a gun butt, which caused him to flee and to give the officers a chance to use him for target practice. It was specifically because the later claim that the two accused officersbeilieved the man to be armed made absolutely no sense in the context of their own statements about the attempted surrender that they were eventually convicted. So rather than taking a border-crossing drug trafficker into custody when they had the chance, they tried to have a little fun with him. The result was that he got away and was able to come back and seek prosecution for the incident, thereby leaving a black mark on the reputation of the BP at large and costing the taxpayer.

There was a trial and a jury found enough evidence to convict the officers, not just on one count, but on 11 of 12. Yeah, several of the jurors felt conflicted over convicting officers for the benefit of a drug trafficker, but that's not really what this is about. It's about agents abusing their power in the most foolish way imaginable. It just so happened in this case that the recipient of their abuse was a damned drug dealer. That in no way lessens their guilt, any more than the shooter in a drive-by is any less guilty of murder just because his random bullet kills a guy who happens to be a wanted felon.

Are you familiar with the oft-repeated phrase, "Justice is blind"? Are you aware that is supposed to be a positive statement, meaning that the same crime is prosecuted the same way regardless of who the accused is and who the victim is? That's what is supposed to separate our superior system of justice from the mob rule mentality of the Third World. When a mob wants to storm the walls of the Bastille just because of WHO the accused are, we have a serious problem in our republic and its sense of justice.

I choose to believe Rep. Ted Poe's analysis of this trial,He was a judge for 22 yrs in TX, I do feel he has enough experience in trials,for him to say after reading the transcript of this trial that it was one of the worse miscarriages of justices he had ever seen perpetrated against these 2 men by our justice dept I believe was his very words, then, his opinion here says a lot to me. I believe Rep. Poe is one of the most honest Congressmen we have in Washington, And I feel, he would not put his reputation on the line , even to benefit 2 guards on the border if he felt they were really guilty enough to deserve what has been done to them. If 83 of our Congressmen are willing to go to bat for these 2 men as a testimony to their character and the job they were doing on the border, then I also will stand in defense of these men. I will never for any reason choose to stand by the side of a drug dealer, who is doing his part to help destroy lives here in America, some of them on our school grounds, I would say that any man who would spend his life smuggling drugs is a liar and the truth is not in him simple as that!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Johnny Sutton was on the O'reilly show tonight bashing the border guards calling them "bad" men, I can see this administration, and our Justice Dept are getting a little antsy here so they are bringing out the prosecutor to defend "their" case against the border guards. I think the 3 jurors who felt they were coerced into voting for the guilty verdict should be interviewed by Lou Dobbs!

ONE OF THEM did an interview last august complaining about this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast