Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who can forget Teddy Kennedy making his big speech (with a straight face) where he assured the American people that his immigration bill wouldn't effect the racial demographics of America and that our cities wouldn't be flooded with immigrants (guess he hasn't seen Los Angeles lately). These people are such b.s. artists, they have so little truth to them, its sickening, isn't it? I'm just happy Teddy Kennedy spent most of his miserable life in excruciating pain, primarily because he was just as wreckless and irresponsible with his own body as he was with the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I wonder how long they would put up with the idea that, since they aren't the original people, culture and language in their lands (coming into creation because one people colonized and oppressed other peoples) that they themselves deserve to be colonized and oppressed by yet another people?
    Well, under the Mexican constitution, political speech by foreigners is banned. Noncitizens cannot "in any way participate in the political affairs of the country." In fact, a plethora of Mexican statutes enacted by its congress limit the participation of foreign nationals and companies in everything from investment, education, mining and civil aviation to electric energy and firearms. Foreigners have severely limited private property and employment rights.
    http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/28/po ... al-aliens/

'Nuff said?
    ************************************************** ************************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    Ending birthright citizenship is imperative for the survival of America as we know it. The rapid demographic change in this country is being fueled by births to illegal aliens and paid for by American taxpayers.
    In 1866, during the ratification debates about the 14th Amendment, Sen. Lyman Trumbull of Illinois, who insisted on including the citizenship clause, said, "That means subject to the complete jurisdiction thereof. ... What do we mean by 'subject to the jurisdiction of the United States?' Not owing allegiance to anybody else. That is what it means."

We can see the importance of allegiance by referring to the Oath of Allegiance which all legal immigrants must swear, to become citizens. The Oath begins, "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen."

Illegal aliens cannot swear the Oath of Allegiance, so they cannot possibly become citizens. Illegal aliens cannot convey citizenship to their offspring, because that status was never theirs to convey.

We can of course apply our laws to all people who are on our territory. That's sometimes called "territorial jurisdiction." For example, if tourists are convicted of shoplifting, we can incarcerate and deport them. But incarcerating and/or deporting people does not transform them into citizens. They are merely criminal aliens.

We do need a congressional reaffirmation of the true meaning and intent of the 14th Amendment, but there is no need to change the Amendment. Its authors were crystal clear about its meaning.
    ************************************************** ********************************
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

vistalad, I can just see us, upon being outnumbered by the seperatists, being declared "foreigners" and the U.S. being annexed to Mexico, and us being treated the same way or worse than what you have stated about the treatment of foreigners in Mexico....I know you have to be a "meztizo" of Mexican decent and born in Mexico to even be a cop or firefighter down there.....God help us!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12