Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Marineinspector, I understand you were playing Devils Advocate but your statement that ICE doesn't have the manpower to collect them all must have been irony rather than a reason. As you no doubt know ICE doesn't collect any of them!!!
    What do you do when your government doesn't enforce the laws? I know what I don't do. I don't make excuses for them.

Bravo,
    There is not much I can add to the above but I did want to say Thank you for your service.
    Mountain Dog
    USMC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bravo,

Thanks for your efforts!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    Marineinspector, I understand you were playing Devils Advocate but your statement that ICE doesn't have the manpower to collect them all must have been irony rather than a reason. As you no doubt know ICE doesn't collect any of them!!!
    What do you do when your government doesn't enforce the laws? I know what I don't do. I don't make excuses for them.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but ICE collects hundreds each day across the country.

As a CBP Officer that works side by side with ICE, I know.
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>
    <div>--General George Patton, Jr.</div>

18Bravo - Welcome aboard!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

marineinspector you do not disappoint me, but your statement doesn't impress me either. You say ice collects hundreds a day ...........that's not too impressive when there are estimates of as many as 30 million in the country. Our government is not doing it's job.
    I have nothing against you and if you are working hard good for you. I am curious though, do you think the government is doing it's job?

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    I am curious though, do you think the government is doing it's job?
    Do you define the Government as the Politicians or the Workers?
    <div>&ldquo;No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.* You win the war, by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country&rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by marineinspector
    Do you define the Government as the Politicians or the Workers?
    Well, how about both?

From what I understand, and I'm the first one to admit that is limited, the politicians set the laws, (rules, regulations,whatever), and the Workers are expected to implement them?

But let's break it down --

Are the politicians doing their jobs?

Next:

Are the Workers doing their jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    From what I understand, and I'm the first one to admit that is limited, the politicians set the laws, (rules, regulations,whatever), and the Workers are expected to implement them?
    Politicians make laws, management implement laws and workers enforce the laws.

Yes, Politician’s are making laws. Based on that, they are doing their job too well. Politicians can also hold management responsible for not implementing the laws; that is where Politicians are failing.

Depending on the Agency management is doing its job and not doing its job. ICE is completely screwed up and CBP is about half screwed up.

As for the workers, the vast majority are doing the best they can under the management we have. As with any organization, we have our share of idiots. Some agencies have more, some have less.

The bottom line with ICE is they have no manpower and no place to hold all of the illegal aliens. As with any organization that lacks manpower, they prioritize. Terrorists, murders, rapists and other hardened criminals take priority over some guy working at a McDonalds.

If you want that changed, get Congress to hire more people. The down side to that is during mass hiring’s, people that you don’t want to have the job get through the cracks. Quantity over quality is never a good option in law enforcement.

There is no quick and easy fix. It will take years if not decades to fix the mess. It’s best to do it right then to make it worst.

Call your city managers. 9 people living in a one-bedroom apartment is most likely a violation of a city or state code.

Also, don't forget to mention the livestock violation.
    I've not found this to work. How do you PROVE who is living there. Even if you know how many live there they will claim visitors or grandma is babysitting or some such thing. Also they do not claim the chickens and roosters or dogs that run loose so you cant do anything about that eigher.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast