Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very Very Sick of everything being in spanish

Hello, Time to rant... I am so sick of everything being in spanish and english. I am sick calling the bank or the hospital or the dry cleaners and hearing.." choose one for english..choose two for spanish" I am sick of going to the ATM and getting the same nonsense.
    I am sick of bilingual education. I am sick of my hard earned money paying for people who don't care enough about America to learn English. I am so sick of all this I could just barf. And I have done just that.
    I cannot accept that it is not possible for EVERYONE with at least 10 working neurons to learn at least some basic english. I am tired of opening a package and finding the instruction manual twice as thick because it is also in spanish. Even the toilet paper is in spanish.
    I would never, ever expect another country to cater to my inabillity to speak it's language. Never!
    There are some wonderful jobs I was unable to get because I didn't speak the language. Rape Crisis Counselor, psychotherapist, social worker.. a long list. So, and this is true, the jobs went to those less qualified because they were bilingual.
    We work so very hard...with our backaches and coming home so late from work we forget what our kids look like and even our dog doesn't recognize us.
    We work so hard it seems sometimes that we cannot go on..but we do. How much of the money we make is going to pay for interpreters, wasting ER time, for bilingual education....bilingual everything. Why do we have to feel like a stranger,like an outcast in our own country because we don't speak spanish? I love helping people, it is what I DO, it is what I have dedicated my life to. But I am sick of helping people who do not help themselves, who think so little of me that they will not have the courtesy to learn my language.
    No one should be able to become a citizen, get a driver's license, or get any help from any social service agency unless they are enrolled in a class or speak the language.javascript:emoticon('')
    Thank you all for listening.. I am tired of feeling helpless...
    javascript:emoticon('')javascript:emoticon('')

I feel your pain. My wife and I have turned it into a game in the stores. When they speak Spanish and we here them we speak Pig Latin. It Drives them nuts. Fun as hell!! Some of the little kids will pick up on it. (American Kids) and they will just bust up. You can tell they think or know we are talking about them but do not know what we are saying. They will usually round up their wild children and head the other way in the store. We just had to come up with something to keep our sanity. I do feel your pain and have also been denied AMERICAN jobs that I would have loved because I too do not speak the language. Just another way they displace American workers.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

I was watching Animal Planet the other day and suddenly the commercials came on in spanish. I'm serious. This is getting ridiculous.

It is getting ridiculous, my toilet paper has the label in spanish and english, what the heck?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Spanglish - Home Depot/ Lowes/ Local News Stations

Our local Santee Home Depot and Lowes have all of their isle markers in Spanish. Even the front door entrance is in Spanish. Local news stations have now begun to offer the news in Spanish. When viewers have complained. The come back is always " we must support the Spanish community.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

I was watching Animal Planet the other day and suddenly the commercials came on in spanish. I'm serious. This is getting ridiculous.
    Yep this has been happening lately here, commericals in spanish and I've also for the first time been recieving circulars in SPANISH ONLY. Those products are now all on my banned list.

one language

I too have lost so many jobs to that fact that I refuse to speak anything other than English. I shouldn't have too. If I were to go to France, then I would try and speak French. What the heck is going on!? My son, who is in High School has to take three Spanish classes before he can graduate!! This makes me so furious! Why!? We live in an "English", yes English, speaking country. I have Native American background, what about the them? I giggle when I hear hispanics saying that they are taking their land back! Who do they think allowed them to settle here in the first place!!

I have Native American background, what about the them? I giggle when I hear hispanics saying that they are taking their land back! Who do they think allowed them to settle here in the first place!!

Amen lilpumpkn... I am part Cherokee and wonder the same as you do.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Who is in control?

ERPsychclinician...Maybe what you should do is send your post to all politicians and show those two-bit scoundrels what is really happening in mainstrean America. They are so insulated from what is going on outside the Washington DC fishbowl they haven't a clue about the effect their absurd and ludicruous policies have on us. The Senate, in concert with our two-bit horses's posterior of a president have sold out this country to the fortune 500, foreign potentates and illegal aliens. They do not care one iota about American Citizens (the electorate) who hired them in the first place. There is a conspiracy between Vincente Fox, his brother Vincente Bush, and Hu Jintao. As I have said many times before I am sick and tired of a government, who in the interest of CAFTA, NAFTA and a host of other alphabet soup trade policies, have relegated this once great country into a nation of debtors and low cost cheap labor. I shudder to think of what will happen if China, Japan, or OPEC calls our IOU's. We allow ourselves to become hostage to oil producing countries so they won't shut off our supply. This administration engages us in a war on Terror and threatens military action with Ahmadinajad and others half a world away who they perceive to be a threat to our security but they don't secure our own borders. They seem to conveniently forget the war on terror also resides within our borders. This administration will do absolutely nothing despite the pervasive lawlessness on our borders affecting American Citizens who are robbed, kidnapped, murdered and raped. The flow of third world refugees and drugs continues unchecked across our borders and this pestilence is spreading into our heartland and ultimately into all corners of our nation. Crime has increased dramtically in our cities, drugs are more rampant than ever, our economy is in danger of collapse due to the flood of illegal aliens applying for (using fraudulent documentation) social services while this incompetent, impotent toilet of an administration spouts it's usual arsenal of euphemisms about the state of our economy and the contributions of illegal aliens in an attempt to placate US citizens and pacify his puppet master in Mexico City. We, as citizens stand by and watch powerlessly as our once beautiful, quiet, clean and safe neighbors are transformed into slums replete with gangs, drugs and violence against citizens and their property. Illegal aliens are contributing to a dramatic rise in traffic related accidents and resulting fatalities. Most are unlicensed, have no insurance and thus can't be held financially liable for any injuries and or deaths they cause. In many cases they are arrested, tried, then subsequently released only to commit additional offenses. They are driving our healthcare system to collapse as hospitals cannot be reimbursed for the costs for their care reducing the availability and quality of care for tax paying citizens. As an example Vincente Bush recently transferred $58,000,000 originally earmarked for medicaid/medicare subsidies that is now going to support illegal alien health care. Illegal alien advocates will tell you that they are only here to work and not to be burden on the wellfare system but 54 percent of them are drawing benefits. Health care workers wil tell you they have seen a dramatic increase in the number of pregnant women who wait until they are in the us to deliver then claim wic and other subsidies for their anchor babies then use them as an excuse to obtain citizenship. I know this is a long rant. I am military veteran who served 24 years in the Air Force and in combat. I would love to see our el presidente visit a wounded veteran or the family of a dead serviceman and explain why he is selling out everything they gave their health and lives serving to protect, defend and preserve to third world thugs, fortune 500 ceo's and illegal aliens who have none of the rights they and I so bravely fought for.

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    I feel your pain. My wife and I have turned it into a game in the stores. When they speak Spanish and we here them we speak Pig Latin. It Drives them nuts. Fun as hell!! Some of the little kids will pick up on it. (American Kids) and they will just bust up. You can tell they think or know we are talking about them but do not know what we are saying. They will usually round up their wild children and head the other way in the store. We just had to come up with something to keep our sanity. I do feel your pain and have also been denied AMERICAN jobs that I would have loved because I too do not speak the language. Just another way they displace American workers.
    Nothing to do with illegals but funny. When I did my Air Force training in the late 70's there were a lot of foreign military also training at the base I was at. One of my friends got curious as to how much English they knew so he came up with a joke to test them. We had to be in a group and get kind of loud so they would take notice of us. Then my friend would tell the joke, a short two liner with a punch line that made absolutely no sense at all. But we laughed when he told the punch line and the foreign troops would start laughing right along with us, which made us laugh even harder.

The Lightbulb Joke

These two chipmunks go into a theater to watch a movie.

One chipmunk says to the other "Please pass the popcorn" and the other says "Silly, its not popcorn, its lightbulbs!"

Of course at the word lightbulbs everyone broke out laughing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast