Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: A victory in North Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Supporters of ALIPAC:

This is historic!

We are pleased to announce that North Carolina can now be added to the list of over 30 states that have passed state laws restricting illegal immigration.

To be perfectly honest, we did not originally expect our Battle for NC efforts to manifest in any legislation this session. The most we had hoped to accomplish was to show the public who was responsible for our illegal immigration crisis on the state level. We have achieved that and much more than we had originally hoped!

We are pleasantly surprised that we have emerged with four very important pieces of legislation in the 2006 short Session.

One, NC Licenses will now require a valid social security number thus blocking illegal aliens from getting licenses in NC if the law is properly applied.

Two, starting Jan 1, 2007 all new hires in state government must be screened for legal presence or citizenship. The school systems have till March of 2007 to implement this change.

Three, the technical corrections bill (S 1523, page 18.) authorizes our local and state police to begin enforcing immigration laws!

Four, S 1896 places new laws in place regarding human trafficking!

We are sending a second, corrected copy of this announcement as we just received word about the last two laws. The end of session is a hectic time where a lot happens in a short period of time. We are still clearing the smoke to see where we are at on this effort.

With these 4 new laws, the message is being sent today in North Carolina "Illegals Go Home!"

The Paul Revere Riders event with Frosty Wooldridge went great today and ALIPAC supported their event, took them to dinner last night, and fueled up all of their gas tanks on the way out of town today.

There are many more details to share and a full report with all of the details will be sent to you shortly. This short note is just to announce our victory in NC.

It is an absolute fact that YOUR calls, letters, and e-mails made this happen. The full report will explain more about your impact.

A year ago, when ALIPAC defeated the In State Tuition for Illegal Aliens Bill, I told the media "This is just the beginning." Our promise was true and we have shown that today.

We have beaten incredible odds through our efforts. We blew our horns and the walls came down!

When we file our full report on the passage of HB 1942, local enforcement of immigration laws, human trafficking and the increased license security, I will make them this promise anew "This is just the beginning!"

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC
    www.alipac.us
    My neighbor is a Policeman.He thinks this all very good,Except! Where will we detain them?He say`s;It`s about time something is done but the problem is "Detaining them" We can arrest humdreds but there is nowhere to hold them and "ICE" dosn`t seem to care one way or the other,so! we arrest all these "Illegals" and then what?I wouldn`t get too excited about this,just yet.

Someone posted a list this week of federal facilities, which can house the deportees. Also, Tent encampments for 30 days to deportation. It can be done at very little expense. http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 387#190387

I'm celebrating NC,
    with a Tigger Woo Hoo!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's about the SOVEREIGNTY of our nation and the WILL of the American people.............is THAT so hard to understand ??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

legal:

Now that one with Tancredo is good!!!!!!!!

I see you're at it bright and early this morning.

Legal,

on all the pictures.

Who are the two guys between the Bush's and Tancredo?

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

A Good Start

I'm happy that these laws got passed but I'm putting off my celebration until they actually start being enforced. I may be paranoid but I don't trust the NC legislation, and I certainly don't trust Mike Easley to do the right thing by the people of this state. I'm also sure the whining Latino advocacy groups will start bombarding the legislature with their complaints that the bills are racists and unfair.

Still it 's a GREAT start. Just a couple of weeks ago these bills were stuck in "committee" and to have them see the light of day, much less passed is awesome and inspirational. I actually have hope again that NC will get off of the #8 position when it comes to illegal immigrant population.

Now it's time to hold local gov.'s feet to the fire. Now that local police have the power I want to see them actually using it. I'd also like to see the licenses of those who used a tax id in the past have their licenses revoked. I'd also like to see the list of those who used a tax id checked against those registered to vote. But as I said it's a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Legal,

on all the pictures.

Who are the two guys between the Bush's and Tancredo?

Annie
    First - Chertoff - the idgit who is head of Homeland Security.
    Second - Gonzales - the Shurb's Attorney general. Nice name, huh?

Re: A Good Start

Quote Originally Posted by boxersbear
    I'm happy that these laws got passed but I'm putting off my celebration until they actually start being enforced. I may be paranoid but I don't trust the NC legislation, and I certainly don't trust Mike Easley to do the right thing by the people of this state. I'm also sure the whining Latino advocacy groups will start bombarding the legislature with their complaints that the bills are racists and unfair.

Still it 's a GREAT start. Just a couple of weeks ago these bills were stuck in "committee" and to have them see the light of day, much less passed is awesome and inspirational. I actually have hope again that NC will get off of the #8 position when it comes to illegal immigrant population.

Now it's time to hold local gov.'s feet to the fire. Now that local police have the power I want to see them actually using it. I'd also like to see the licenses of those who used a tax id in the past have their licenses revoked. I'd also like to see the list of those who used a tax id checked against those registered to vote. But as I said it's a great start.
    It's nice to "meet" you. Having some reservations is not a bad idea. All I can say is - watch the issue closely and nail the politicos to the wall if they don't enforce it.

That's what I'm doing here in Colorado, now that we have a "little" victory on providing health benefits to illegals. I know it takes time, but we have to keep the pressure on these guys.

Marc Basnight Takes BS to a New Hight

Thank you so much for your recent letter regarding illegal immigration legislation. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and for informing me of your concerns. The Senate has passed several pieces of legislation to strengthen North Carolina’s immigration laws along with tougher security measures for obtaining driver’s license.

As a response to the federal government’s failure to enforce immigration laws, the Senate approved allowing State and Local law enforcement agencies to give their officers the authority to investigate arrest and detain illegal immigrants. State agencies will also be required to check a federal database to verify that newly hired employees are authorized to work in the United States. In addition, the budget provides funds to hire legal staff in the Office of State Personnel to make sure North Carolina is in compliance with federal laws regarding the employment of foreign nationals.

The Senate has strengthened driver’s license security measures by voting to eliminate the use of the Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN) as a valid identification document for driver’s license applicants. The Internal Revenue Service, which issues the ITIN to taxpayers but does not verify their lawful presence in the United States, has cautioned states against accepting this federal document as proof of identity for driver’s license. These measures are step in the right direction in strengthening North Carolina’s immigration laws.

Again, I appreciate your taking the time and effort to write and share your views with me. Please feel free to write to me whenever any issue of interest to you is brought before the North Carolina General Assembly.

Sincerely,

Marc Basnight
    I had to laugh at this email I got from Marc Basnight. After sitting on these bills, and having no intention of letting them see the light of day NOW he's saying that the NC legislature has decided to get tough on illegal immigration in North Carolina since the US Senate won't do anything. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the many phone calls, emails, faxes and letters we sent them. He's so full of it.

It's nice to "meet" you. Having some reservations is not a bad idea. All I can say is - what the issue closely and nail the politicos to the wall if they don't enforce it.

That's what I'm doing here in Colorado, now that we have a "little" victory on providing health benefits to illegals. I know it takes time, but we have to keep the pressure on these guys.
    Good to "meet" you too, CheyenneWoman. Beleive me I WILL be keeping my eye on them as will William and the rest of us patriots here in NC. I think it's awesome you got your health benfits bill passed. It is my hope that will be one of our next victories in NC as well as any other benfits they are getting. That's one of the things that burns me about illegal immigration. Legal immigrants have to prove they won't be a burden on our country, but not this group of border jumpers. I'm sick and tired of seeing them overcrowding our public health clinics as well as seeing them in line at the grocery stores with thier WIC and food stamps. It is also my hope they put something to stop the anchor baby BS in the what ever immigration legislation the Senate gets passed, and I hope they do it soon. Many are already using the excuse that their " children are US citizens and it's not fair to send them back". What a crock'o.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast