Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Video:ICE Action at Detroit Elementary School Raises Concern

ICE Action at Detroit Elementary School Raises Concerns

By Robin Schwartz WJBK Detroit

Published April 07, 2011

Like all schools, Hope of Detroit Academy in southwest Detroit is supposed to be a safe haven for parents and children, but activists say members of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) used the school to stake out undocumented immigrants and harass the community in violation of their own policies.

"It is completely against common human decency and also ICE's own policies to conduct any sort of immigration enforcement at an elementary school," said Ryan Bates, the Michigan director of the Alliance for Immigration Rights.

Bates says he personally witnessed a March 31 incident involving ICE agents.

"At least six ICE agents followed an innocent family to the school and trapped them inside," he told FOX 2. "The school was thrown into chaos and panic. Parents (were) unsure if it was safe to pick up their children."

Bates says at least two parents were arrested following random stops outside the school. Meanwhile, members of the community insist this was not an isolated incident.

A spokesperson for ICE issued a statement saying they are concerned about the way this operation was conducted and their policies may not have been properly followed. An internal investigation is underway.

"I think … this is … an agenda of fear, fueled by anger, motivated by hate," said Democratic State Representative Harvey Santana.

He believes immigrants are being profiled.

ICE admits one of the targets of the recent operation may not have been an enforcement priority.

A complaint about this issue may be filed with the U.S. Justice Department and Homeland Security.

Robin Schwartz is a reporter for WJBK in Detroit. For more stories go to myFOXDetroit.com.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... z1IrDGaeAs
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Like Larry the Cable Guy says..."Git 'er Done!"
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

"At least six ICE agents followed an innocent family to the school and trapped them inside," he told FOX 2. "The school was thrown into chaos and panic. Parents (were) unsure if it was safe to pick up their children."
    Sounds like a lot of guilty illegals to me.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

here is the link to my fox detroit and the story and video

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/ro ... 10406-wpms

Comments can be made.
    there is one person, Jess, who says being illegal isnt a crime

it boggles the mind that we should be concerned that a whole bunch of people became scared at the sight of ICE , thus causing panic ....

the police are there to PROTECT YOU ... if your a criminal , then why should i care if your afraid of the cops ....

what a crazy world we live in ..

Banned
    Arest them all then sort them out.ICE is doing the job we ask them to do then people get mad.You cant please everybody but it sure pleases me to see them doing a job to get rid of these illegals.The only people that are scared are the illegals because they know they are on the hit list.I bet normal people are glad its getting done now their kids can get the education they deserve.

Is this a duplicate article? I could have sworn I commented on this same article before. Maybe father time is getting the best of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Is this a duplicate article? I could have sworn I commented on this same article before. Maybe father time is getting the best of me.
    "Believe me if it was duplicated it wouldn't be here!"
    I only speak from experience!" Lots of experience!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    Sounds like a lot of guilty illegals to me.
    Exactly! Why "panic and resort to chaos" if your're here legally! Why would it be "unsafe" to pick up your child if you're here legally?

Sounds as if ICE has some more work to do at this school!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    it might be a case where its a similar story, from a different source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast