Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Violence in Phoenix Streets Results in Officer's Death

Violence in Phoenix Streets Results in Officer's Death
    Updated: Wednesday, 26 May 2010, 8:01 AM MDT
    Published : Wednesday, 26 May 2010, 6:06 AM MDT

PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer was shot near 19th Ave. and Indian School Road early Wednesday morning.

The suspect has been caught, and the officer was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital where he later died.

His name has not been released, but police say he worked at the Squaw Peak precinct.

The suspect was injured by a K9 police dog when he was found in a home's backyard, not far from the crime scene. He was taken to Phoenix police headquarters in downtown Phoenix.

Sgt. Trent Crump says the suspect is described as a white or Hispanic male in his 20s.

During the investigation, traffic will be restricted on 19th Avenue south of Indian School Road.

Phoenix Police Statement:
    [Press play to watch the video]

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/lo ... s_05262010

Lets see

1st, My heart goes out to the family, friends, and collegues of our slain law enforcement official.

I AM VERY CURIOUS to see IF and WHEN the Fringe/Marxist media shows this story. I am betting they will do their very best to confine it to a 3am, 10 second blurb, if even that.

Another very sad incident. The comment section mentions the officer was a young father too.

If the perp turns out to be an IA I'd be willing to bet he had previous contact with Law Enforcement.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Another very sad incident. The comment section mentions the officer was a young father too.

If the perp turns out to be an IA I'd be willing to bet he had previous contact with Law Enforcement.
    if he is an IA he will proably sue for being injured for being bitten by the dog ...

HE WAS ONLY DEFENDING HIS CIVIL RIGHTS TO COMMIT CRIME AND DO WHATEVER HE WANTS BECAUSE HE'S HERE ILLEGALLY ...

Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard

if he is an IA he will proably sue for being injured for being bitten by the dog ...

HE WAS ONLY DEFENDING HIS CIVIL RIGHTS TO COMMIT CRIME AND DO WHATEVER HE WANTS BECAUSE HE'S HERE ILLEGALLY ...
    You're probably right about the lawsuit. I personally would give the dog a medal for defending its partner.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of this fine officer.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Update from Arizona Republic:

Phoenix police officer shot and killed, department says
    by Mike Ferraresi and Ian Sullivan - May. 26, 2010 08:00 AM
    The Republic | azcentral.com

Phoenix police are investigating the shooting death of a police officer early Wednesday.

A Phoenix Police officer was shot and killed while searching for a man near Indian School Road and 19th Avenue early Wednesday morning.

The line-of-duty death marks the first in Phoenix since an officer was fatally wounded by a drunk driver in 2008.

The male officer, who has not been identified, responded to a disturbance call in the 1900 block of west Fairmount Avenue about 1:30 a.m.

The officer and female partner searched for the suspect who parked a vehicle in a carport and covered it with a tarp, police said.

The vehicle is believed to be connected with a shots fired call in the Northwest Phoenix area, but has not been confirmed by police.

The officers went on opposite sides of the house. One of the officers found a man, who opened fire on the officer. That officer was struck.

Fellow officers did not wait for an ambulance and instead put the wounded officer in a police car and took him to St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. He was pronounced dead at 3:30 a.m.

Tactical teams and police dog found the suspected gunman hiding naked in a shed nearby the home, Crump said. Officers fired rubber bullets to subdue the man.

He has been booked into police headquarters. The man has not been cooperative, police said.

Crump said officers in Central City Precinct were shocked by the news and prepared for a Memorial Day weekend of mourning.

"It makes the day so somber because they know what's coming up this weekend," Crump said.

Phoenix Public Safety Manager Jack Harris canceled a meeting in Washington, D.C., with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder about immigration issues and planned to return to the Valley Wednesday. Central City Precinct has suffered several line of duty deaths in the past several years, according to the Phoenix Law Enforcement Association.

PLEA President Mark Spencer said the officer suffered heavy blood loss after the shooting from at least one gunshot wound.

Spencer said the suspect was a man in his early 30s from the Tucson area who had prior felony convictions.

"A car speeding down the street, there's nothing dangerous or serious about that, but the potential for violence never goes away," Spencer said. "There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z0p38ZDvG1

Update: 9:00AM Fox News Phoenix

News report state he is a Hispanic male who is a US Citizen. They still haven't released his name. He is reported to be a convicted felon.

God bless that heroic police officer and his family. It is a sad day for our nation that our good men and women heroes and patriots continue to take bullets for all of us. Yet we are so grateful for their supreme, patriotic and selfless sacrifice -- God bless and keep them forever. It makes me cry, to think so much brave, red American blood has been spilled, and these heroes graves are being trampled by MEChA and La Raza and illegal lovers and treasonous politicians.

Let us not forget our brave, selfless heroes who defend all of us. Let us all stand together, in solemn oath that we will NOT allow that these brave ones died in vain. We will take our nation back, we will re-establish the rule of law and the will of The People. We will chase these monsters -- traitors, illegal lovers, illegal aliens, terrorists -- out of our beautiful, God Blessed United States of America -- once and for all.

We will stop the insanity. We will stop the desolation of OBAMAnation. We will let our heroes rest in peace and honor them for their supreme sacrifice!

God Bless America! God Bless American Patriots! God Bless Alipac!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonaman2008
    Update: 9:00AM Fox News Phoenix

News report state he is a Hispanic male who is a US Citizen. They still haven't released his name. He is reported to be a convicted felon.
    a US citizen? if he was born in a foreign country, and is a convicted felon, why the hell was he not removed from the US and deported back to his home country

Update: 1:30PM-They just released the police officer name and picture. I was shocked because I knew this officer as a result of the work I do as the owner of an armed security guard company. He works the beat area of several of my contract apartment communities.

This brave officer name is Travis P. Murphy, age 29. From the few times I had contact with him he was always very professional and dedicated to the police work he did for the citizens. He will be missed by many!!!

They have not yet released the suspects name but have recovered the firearm they believe was used in this crime along with other evidence. He has not been transferred yet to Sheriff Joe Arpaio county jail but I would suspect sometime in the next few hours he will and that his name will be released at that time.

I will be sure to run this guy's Arizona criminal history once I get his name
    and see what his prior arrest were for and post the info I find on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast