Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    I personally would love to find out where more forums are that I can post on in regard to this issue. Anywhere it's being discussed, both sides -- doesn't matter -- just a chance to get our POV out and aired. I do believe most Americans just don't give it a second thought, especially if they are living in areas not overrun with illegals.

I looked into the issue myself simply after a day at a local SEARS where I was the only American in the store. Everywhere I looked all the signs were in Spanish, all the clerks were Spanish ..and I just snapped that day and started googling it.

But for some people, they just accept it.
    I belong to approx. 20 different activist groups. I know if you google in Forums on Illegal Immigration, it would probably bring up a ton of different forums to go to. I have been trying to talk to people till I'm blue in the face. And I am so sick of being called a racist for wanting our immigration laws enforced. Its never been about skin color. American Citizens are of "ALL" color makeups. I wish people would quit playing the race card, its old and boring. Let me know how it goes on those sites.

TxDixieChk1-I fear you are wasting your time on that Topix site.Those people don't deserve your time and effort.My husband always says to me "you can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person".So don't bother trying to convince those fools that are so rabid for illegals.I have found I can get pretty fair results just talking to people while I'm out doing errands and stuff,you have to be careful doing it that way as well,but I'll tell you the people I talk to in public are overwhelmingly for getting them out! I have only come across 1 person who thinks they're great.If you talk to people you will probably be really surprised at the strong,positive response you'll get.I also find having copies of stuff- like your 25 reasons-to hand out is really helpful.Sorry for the long post.
    Wolf

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    TxDixieChk1 - I to have been on the Topix site too and I'm in the Newsday area a lot barking at people that our laws need to be enforced!!! There mixed company in that site. I find it a better place to be with people that have the same views as us to fix the problem rather then being a problem on another site... If we all come together on common ground we can achieve greatness in number and by spreading the word further then before.
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Is that Newsday.com?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Is that Newsday.com?
    Yes, but there message board is hosted by topix...
    -Ron Paul

Thanks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have suggested Alipac on this site numerous times. Unfortunately its does have a lot of trolls and kids just acting up. Also some real whackos.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    TxDixieChk1-I fear you are wasting your time on that Topix site.Those people don't deserve your time and effort.My husband always says to me "you can't have a rational conversation with an irrational person".So don't bother trying to convince those fools that are so rabid for illegals.I have found I can get pretty fair results just talking to people while I'm out doing errands and stuff,you have to be careful doing it that way as well,but I'll tell you the people I talk to in public are overwhelmingly for getting them out! I have only come across 1 person who thinks they're great.If you talk to people you will probably be really surprised at the strong,positive response you'll get.I also find having copies of stuff- like your 25 reasons-to hand out is really helpful.Sorry for the long post.
    Wolf
    Thanks for the pep talk. I haven't revisited that site since joining here. I am finding more positive things to do with my time. Thanks for your reply. Very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    TxDixieChk1 - I to have been on the Topix site too and I'm in the Newsday area a lot barking at people that our laws need to be enforced!!! There mixed company in that site. I find it a better place to be with people that have the same views as us to fix the problem rather then being a problem on another site... If we all come together on common ground we can achieve greatness in number and by spreading the word further then before.
    I agree whole heartedly with you. I have "NOT" been back to that site. It is far to draining mentally and physically, when my time can be spent in a more positive and active light. I have been emailing/faxing/calling/etc. senators/congressmen, the President, etc. My heart like all americans is into getting our voices heard and action being taken to secure our borders. Thanks for your reply. Very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDIXIECHK1
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    I agree whole heartedly with you. I have "NOT" been back to that site. It is far to draining mentally and physically, when my time can be spent in a more positive and active light. I have been emailing/faxing/calling/etc. senators/congressmen, the President, etc. My heart like all americans is into getting our voices heard and action being taken to secure our borders. Thanks for your reply. Very encouraging.
    Don't get me wrong I love hitting Topix every once in awhile to post something good and watch the trolls and goons take it away!!! Also Newsday Newspaper is the worst paper in existence and the stories they publish are written for a 5 year old to read and there constant flip flopping views on everything from illegal immigration to the Long Island Rail Road!!

- BorderLegionnaire
    -Ron Paul

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast