Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WAKE UP! AMNESTY IS HERE!

I was just responding to some posts on here, and discussing the Guest Worker program with one of the members who wanted to cry the death knell for a Guest Worker Program...I warned that the thread was dead wrong, and that the Republicans were going to try to BACK DOOR us with a guest worker program leading to Amnesty...THIS HOT OFF THE PRESS.

Senators Near Compromise on Immigration
    Reuters, March 16, 2006
    http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/politics ... ation.html

Washington (Reuters) -- Under pressure to produce broad immigration reform legislation by the end of the month, a U.S. Senate panel on Thursday neared agreement on a proposal that would give some of the 12 million illegal aliens living in the country an opportunity to earn citizenship.

Although no vote will be held until after a weeklong congressional recess, the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday appeared ready to back a proposal by panel member Sen. Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, who has worked on the issue with his Republican colleague John McCain of Arizona.

The panel, which is working on comprehensive immigration and border security legislation, will also consider a related proposal that would allow foreigners to enter the United States as legal guest workers and then have a chance to earn permanent status.

Republicans are divided over immigration policy, and the Judiciary Committee plan is likely to spark a firestorm from conservatives who oppose regularizing the status of illegal immigrants, saying they would be rewarded after breaking U.S. immigration law.

More than 70 members of the House of Representatives led by Rep. Tom Tancredo, a Colorado Republican, fired off a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter, a Pennsylvania Republican, saying measures the panel was considering ``doom any chance of a real reform bill reaching the president's desk this year.''

But backers cite both economic and security reasons. They say that providing a path to permanent residency and eventual citizenship will avoid creating a permanent underclass of workers and help bring illegal aliens out of the shadows.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

This also just in from Houston Paper!

It is TIME to march on Washington. In my blog I predicted this back door deal, and now it is here. If we want to stop Amnesty, the do or die time is upon us folks:

March 17, 2006, 7:38AM
    Senators near agreement on guest-worker visa plan
    Debate continues over a temporary plan that would give immigrants a path to citizenship

By GEBE MARTINEZ
    Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - Key senators involved in the immigration debate neared agreement Thursday on a temporary worker visa plan that would let illegal immigrant workers stay in the United States while applying for legal status.
    The possible compromise emerged a day after the Senate leadership moved to confine the immigration debate to keeping illegal immigrants out of the country.

The framework for the deal is a bill by Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., that would give immigrants a path to citizenship.

During a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting, Kennedy agreed to consider a provision by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., that would require workers to go home after two years to apply for green cards.

But Kennedy said his consideration of the provision hinges on immigrants being able to get a waiver from the requirement to leave the United States if, for example, employers say the workers are essential.
    Cornyn warned, though, that he would oppose any proposal that does not require workers to return to their home countries.

Senators said there are already 3 million people facing an average six-year wait for visas. The McCain-Kennedy measure calls for an increase in the number of family- and job-related visas to help clear the backlog.

Kennedy conceded Thursday that if the 12 million illegal immigrants applied for legalization, they would be in line behind those who are already waiting.

The committee is working quickly to put its stamp of approval on a guest-worker plan because Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., said he would cut short the panel's work and begin full Senate debate on immigration the week of March 27.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Thank you PintoBean. At least they know that we don't want to wait anymore on illegal immigration. We've had enough.

If only they would FACE IT that we're not going to accept ANY guest worker program. They're wasting our time and our money even talking about it.

Thery're so wasteful. They waste time, they waste money, they waste their time, they waste our time. So why not throw away the country, that must be their way of thinking, but it's not OURS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Question is...what to do to stop it?

Hi Legal:

Question is, what to do to stop it?

I'd support a march on our nations capital, but already been slammed by one member here for even broaching the subject. In short, was accused of being and arm chair general.

President Bush wants a guest worker program, a majority of Senators obviously favor it as well for personal reasons (deep pocketed corporate contributors). In most cases, when the differing House and Senate bills get co-mingled in a compromise bill, it gives Congressman quite a bit of cover which means most of the House's work will be gutted out, and a guest worker program that leads to Amnesty will survive. In short, the time for phone trees and email letter writing is over, and far more drastic steps are required.

So, any one willing to work with me on organizing a march on the capital?

Pinto Bean

Dear Pinto Bean, Legal US Citizen & other Members;

While I agree, that in no way can we underestimate or yet declare the "guest-worker" program dead - I sense that these articles are just media "say so", to push the envelope and try to persuade that the "guest-worker" junk bill amnesty is inevitable or a 'done deal'. We should mind that we have had several victories - the passing of the Georgia State bill, the stripping of Specter's H1-B visa increase from the Budget Reconciliation Bill, the passing of HR 4437 Enforcement by the House and a shut down of Sen. Larry Craig's Ag-Jobs amnesty bill 1 year ago. Meanwhile the Minutemen continue to PROVE that ENFORCEMENT CAN BE DONE - simply.
    The Senate Judiciary Committe has been in a total 'funk' and somewhat disarray because of the 'heat' us AMERICANS and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS have brought down on the "guest-worker" program bills. I have told them to simply 'shelve' the bills or stop any further progress on 'what they are doing' - the "guest-worker" program does not have to be done. Yet they progress at a 'snails pace' because of 'We the Peoples' impact. Now Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is coming down on OUR side - enforcement ONLY and First. We need to support Senator Frist on this.
    I urge Members to not take such media such as the NY Times, World Net Daily or Houston Chronicle or others to take such media junk "say so" as too much importance - this is their 'spin'. It will work on some - but not here. In some ways these articles were being put forward to 'save face'. The Senators know Americans are angry and are to stand up for the United States - NOT illegal Intruders or Illegal mexico.

We do face formidable Powers that are staggering and so we must keep up the fight. I would say that only if the actual passing of an 'amnesty', complete bogus ineffectual enforcement or 'open Border' (essentially erasing the Border) action occurs then Americans need to construct a 1 million American march on Washington where WE will sit for a a couple months.
    Meanwhile election time approaches - and it will be anti-incumbent Day at the polls for any Congressmen that sides with illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, or non-U.S. Borders -- these Congressmen are to be trashed out of office, period ---starting with the mexicans (or otherwise)- LUIS GUTIERREZ (D-IL) and BOB MENENDEZ (D-NJ). Also the pro-mexicans Senators MEL MARTINEZ (R-FL) and KEN SALAZAR (D-CO) need removal.

We do face formidable Powers that are staggering and so we must keep up the fight. I would say that only if the actual passing of an 'amnesty', complete bogus ineffectual enforcement or 'open Border' (essentially erasing the Border) action occurs then Americans need to construct a 1 million American march on Washington where WE will sit for a a couple months.
    Meanwhile election time approaches - and it will be anti-incumbent Day at the polls for any Congressmen that sides with illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, or non-U.S. Borders -- these Congressmen are to be trashed out of office, period ---starting with the mexicans (or otherwise)- LUIS GUTIERREZ (D-IL) and BOB MENENDEZ (D-NJ). Also the pro-mexicans Senators MEL MARTINEZ (R-FL) and KEN SALAZAR (D-CO) need removal.

Well said Ronlaws. WE cant let the media defeat us before it is over. Keep moving forward and fight this full on.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thank you RonLaws, for pointing that out. A thought like that crossed my mind yesterday about something I read, but I guess it didn't register.

It seems like a very likely plan of theirs. Wait until they see our plans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RonLaw's
    Yea. And we won't get up.

What we have to do is up to them. One thing has been decided by over 80% of the American people and that is that they're not going to take our country from US.

PERIOD. END OF STORY.

I remind you....

No one thought that Bankrupcy reform that favors the rich and penalizes the middle class would get enacted....WE WERE WRONG.

No one thought that there would be tort reform passed that would limit our rights for damages in class action law suits...WE WERE WRONG.

Having a million middle class march on Washington, DC after the cat is out of the bag is a bit too late. Tell me, can we sit back on this one, and after that fact say, "WE WERE WRONG"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast