Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NO! I haven't gotten one like that. Well, if I have, I just threw it away without reading it. I will have to start actually READING ADS! Maybe they haven't made it to my small town yet. AND, I hope they NEVER do because I just HATE to have to fight Wal-Mart!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I contacted Walmart today and they have ordered english only tablets and they said they were sorry for the problem.

P
    DONT SHOP AT WAL-MART! THE PEOPLE ARE PRO-ANYTHING-UNAMERICAN. THEY WANT THE WORLD AT THEIR KNEES.
    Pro- shop at an American establishment. It might cost a little more, but you will glad you supported our country, and not a bunch of foreigners.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

wal-mart is pro-money making

bilingual ads, books, etc make money so that is what they sell. Its what this country now is about making money at the expense of who ever, its not pro anything.

I dont have a problem with bilingual anything but that i what companies are about making money, just like employers who hire illegal aliens, making money.

As for second graders learning spanish i promise you that one word wont teach her spanish, its like a spanish speaking kid learning english, they have to be submerged in it to learn it. I speak from experience.

Welcome to ALIPAC, Aracely. Nice to have a new "face"!

It's not that we worry about our children learning Spanish per se. What we have a problem with is the FORCING of our children, our teachers and even other service providers to learn Spanish to the EXCLUSION of any OTHER foreign language. AND, the BIGGEST problem we have is that there should be NO REASON that everything is provided in Spanish when it sure isn't in any other language of any other immigrant to this country.

We want one simple thing in re the language issue--we want English declared as our NATIONAL LANGUAGE. And, ANYONE who comes to our country legally should immediately be enrolled in English classes.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

It is not forceful, if you don't want to learn another language, then don't learn it, If you learn it more power to you.

Yes, I agree that anyone who comes to this country should learn english. But what if they don't in the end the only person who is at disadvantage is the person who doesn't learn it, not you. For example, lets say I did not learn englsih at the age I did, I could have had problems in school, and even problems getting into college.

Like many students who don't learn it, they are the ones struggling in school, but your children are not struggling, at least not because there are bilingual tablets. So the person's at a disadvantage are them, and don't we want them to learn english, bilingual tablets are helpful, some of these children are legal citizens.

Whether we like it or not, many of these children were born here, and the immigration issue will continue to be a problem, and if solved will, it will be in a matter of years, not weeks or months. How are we going to tackle the problem of education for those of immigrant parents? Are we gonna be cold hearted, towards those through no fault of their own are unwanted? We have to educate them, like we educate any other American.

So yes, I am against bilingual education after pre-K, becasue it does not teach you englsih, believe me it doesn't. I am so thankful my parents forced me into a all english kindergarten class, I hated it then. But, if it had not been that way I would have never learned.

But, then kids are forcefully put into bilingual classes, simply because their parents don't speak english well, or very much. That is wrong, it is only making the problem bigger. I know this for a fact, because I grew up in it.

I think your parents must have been very smart people. I know that was difficult for you but look what YOU accomplished. I say, MORE POWER TO PARENTS of non-English speaking children who move to our country and insist their children learn the language of your new country. They are to be praised and admired.

I totally agree. I think it is very ignorant for immigrants to feel that they do not need to learn English.

You must have misunderstood me. I think it is IMPERATIVE that immigrants learn English. I think that should be the FIRST THING they do the minute they enter our country. And, when I say "enter our country", I mean LEGALLY ENTER OUR COUNTRY. If they are not willing to learn our language, then they should stay in their own countries. If they want to avail themselves of the opportunities in our country, the very least they could do was learn to speak English and not expect the US to tailor everything to THEIR needs. After all, if we go to another country, they sure aren't going to provide everything to us in ENGLISH.

Well, for the most part the people who do enter legally do learn english or already know it farely well. Those who enter illegally for the most part do not know english. I agree that if they should be here legally, but the reality is that they are not, and wo'nt be untill the laws are enforced. Reality is that they should learn english regardelss of their citizenship status, it is also a reality that many will not learn it.

So it is a question of what can be done to force THEM to learn English, right instead of you learning Spanish.

Ok, so now I get the bilingual tablet issue, that is not going to force THEM to learn English.

EXACTLY, Aracely! We are making it WAY too easy for them and, like you said, the ones who come legally WANT to learn the language and those that come ILLEGALLY need to go back home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast