Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am bi-lingual and my South American wife is not. She understands a lot of English but cannot speak it too well. She goes back to school next month!

My 5 year old daughter is bi-lingual but will speak only English with me. Why? Because I have told her from day one to speak Spanish with mom and English with dad. I have also drilled it into her head that she lives in the U.S. of A where we speak English. Even now, if I say something in Spanish to her she responds in English! Good for her!

I don't fear for the adults like my wife but for the kids and this stupid ugly disgusting wasteful and horrible bi-lingual eduation. IF they try and stick my daughter in any bi-lingual class they will hear about it! GET THE SPANISH OUT OF THE SCHOOLS!

They either just built or are just building a Wal Mart in Juarez, a city in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.

And Jack Smith. I was shocked to learn that the pre-K classes in my area are being taught as bi-lingual. When the kids go to K, they are either in English or Spanish from what I can gather.

I'm not sure when this program came into being but even many of the teachers think it is going to be harmful and cause further division.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JackSmith--I SO ADMIRE your determination. I really mean that. I KNOW that it is difficult but you are doing the RIGHT THING with your daughter and she will thank you one day. AND, good for your wife for going back to school. That just SHOWS you that people DO come here legally and they CAN and DO assimilate. The people like you and your family are valuable assets to our country and ALL immigrants could take a lesson from you and your family. It just further supports my contention that people who immigrate to our country for the RIGHT REASONS are willing to assimilate. For the ones that refuse to assimilate, I say they are in the WRONG PLACE. They should NOT reap the benefits that our country provides if they are just going to come here FOR THOSE BENEFITS and NOT CONTRIBUTE to OUR country.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234