Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dman, I can remember a time when a teacher in my school got fired for even KNOWING HOW to speak Russian! Now that was discrimination. But it was before discrimination became a household word.

As for WalMart and the bilingual ads, the ads for most stores on the border have been bi-lingual in English and Spanish for quite some time now. What really ticks me off is when they stick ads in Spanish in MY mailbox!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll let you in on a trick I have. IF you get something in the mail that's junk and IF it has one of those postage paid envelopes, cram whatever they sent along with EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CAN FIND in the envelope and send it back to them at THEIR EXPENSE! I just LOVE to do that!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I'll let you in on a trick I have. IF you get something in the mail that's junk and IF it has one of those postage paid envelopes, cram whatever they sent along with EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CAN FIND in the envelope and send it back to them at THEIR EXPENSE! I just LOVE to do that!
    Bootsie!! What a great idea!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Bootsie, my sister does that, too. I think it's hysterical. But what I mainly get in Spanish are newsprint store ads. I wonder if I should take them to the respective stores and ask them to translate them all for me every time I get one. THAT could prove interesting. LOL Wish I had the time to do that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, those stupid flyers that clutter the mailbox! I HATE those because there's NOTHING you can do with them but trash them. That would be a GREAT idea to drop it by the store and tell them that, unless they could send it to you in English, to take your name off their mailing list. OR, call the store and get the number for their headquarters and call them and give them a piece of your mind and tell them to LEAVE YOU ALONE! And, you will have to tell the PO not to put them in your box because you feel, oh I don't know--VIOLATED!!!

Give it a try, BBean. You will feel SO MUCH BETTER.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie that is just great LOL!!! I have complained for years about junk mail. How do you send it back, you know, getting the Post Office to accept a COD??

See--here's what you do, Rockfish. The only ones it will work with are the ones that include a Postage Paid envelope. Those would be the ones that say, "No postage required if mailed within the US" or something to that effect. A LOT of things I get asking for money OR advertising magazine subscriptions or credit cards have those postage-paid envelopes so, when I get one, I take the stuff that THEY SENT AND anything else that is junk mail that I got that day and STUFF that envelope as full as I can get it and tape it closed!!! There's no problem about the PO accepting it because the postage is already paid! You just have to make sure that the envelope says that in the upper right hand corner where you would ordinarily put your stamp. It just gives me a WARM, FUZZY FEELING!!!

And Bootsie, it is nice of you to share that way. After all, those people who sent you that envelope might not be receiving that same sort of junk you get where you live. The are obviously interested in junk mail or they wouldn't be sending it out.

EXACTLY. I want to SHARE THE WEALTH!!!

Wal-mart is the largest retailer IN MEXICO! So, they see no border. I went into a Wal-mart in Chihuahua Mexico 10 years ago or so. Basically the same as they are here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast