Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have a local restaurant that serves fish, burgers, etc. Once I placed an order there only to receive the wrong items. When I took it back, the guy at the counter couldn't even comprehend what I was saying. I repeated several times that they'd given me the wrong order, and he just stood there staring and mumbling a few words in Spanish. I put the plate down on the counter and walked away. I was too astounded to say anything to management at the time, but I later did call and complain, and I also reported them to the appropriate authorities. The wait staff there, mostly Hispanic, has actually sported t-shirts that say "Catch and Release". Now you might think this is a reference to the fact that they serve mostly fish, but after the owner closed the restaurant down for the big protest marches last year, I knew this was probably just his way of giving adversaries the finger.

I am guilty so I am pointing at myself here -

YOu know we are literally taking our health (life) in our hands when we eat at a place where these people work.

They do have viruses, etc., for which they are immune, so they could not do it purposely, but they are endangering our health - and think of your children.

Also, as this immigration debate heats up - think of the opportunity that affords those who wish us harm. I won't go into detail, but let your imagination go and think about all the things that could go into that burger besides what should.

There is a little greasy spoon restaurant where we eat when we are in a town near us. It has been there 60 years and is one of those neat old cafes. There has always been an older man cooking and all the waitresses call him 'Grandpa'. He made the best greasy hamburgers, fried the buns and everything. Yesterday, there was a Mexican woman cooking, I don't think I'll eat there again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I completely gave up on fast food....you do the mental pictures.....waste (literally) paper in the trash can......>>

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    What do we do about yard and lawn business that hire illegals? All of the workers are Hispanic. I have tried to talk to workers and they do not speak English. Today the boss saw me talking to one of them and he came and chased him away. My suspicion tells me many of them are illegal. If they are hiring illegal workers I think they should be reported. That would put them out of business.

http://www.lawntimes.com/showthread.php?p=12495
    I think most states now have landscape contractor licensing. This one does. I am taking the same approach, too, with suspected unlicensed contractors:
    1. Find the appropriate state agency
    2. Learn what information they need to make an investigation
    3. Get it and make sure it is 100% accurate to the best of your knowledge 4. Try to find when the contractor is going to be at the site you are making a complain/report about. If you don't, they are likely to be gone when the state investigator shows up; these dudes are clever.
    5. Have patience

You have become an informant, a tiny, small minority of the public but without which taxpayers would just get fleeced more and more.

There are probably a number of laws being violated:
    1. Do they have city licenses?
    2. Do they need state cerification?
    3. Are taxes, injury insurance, unemployment insurance, license and permit fees all being paid?
    4. Does the work meet local zoning ordinances?
    5. Is it done to current industry standards or local building codes?
    6. Are their vehicles properly licensed?

I have noticed that many of the trailers that such underground businesses use probably violate certain restrictions, at least. In this state, you can have a trailer with no license plate, until it reaches 1800 lbs. combined weight (including equipment) then you must register it. How many do you think would know that requirement? At least among American contractors there is a fair amount of banter about legal requirements in their business and there may be state training as a requireement. I suspect nearly all of this is absent with the illegals.

Fines for violating contractor regulation can be stiff. Around here 1000 to 5000 dollars is common. It might be interesting to find out names of contractors in other states---oh let's say CA, AZ, TX, NM, etc--who have simply walked out on their fines and moved elsewhere. This state has a good database of fined businesses and also of the regitartion requirements and emforcement action on their website. I hope yours does, too.

Hope that helps. This is one aspect of rectifying this situation that I am specifically interetested in, so please do keep progressing with it yourself.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In Miami Dade County they do stings where they are looking for someone to remodel a house. They call around as any home owner would and also get business cards or phone numbers from places that sell plumbing supplies, marble and cermaic tiles, etc. The people show up they check them out and if not licensed they get fined and whatever else they do. If illegal they can get deported as ICE is notified.
    I know in South Florida you have to have real signs or painted on lettering on the vehicle with the companies license number on it. Magnetic signs are not allowed. Illegal contractors have beat up old trucks and no sign or lettering on it. Check with your county on it.

I know in South Florida you have to have real signs or painted on lettering on the vehicle with the companies license number on it. Magnetic signs are not allowed. Illegal contractors have beat up old trucks and no sign or lettering on it.
    I live in Maryland and see a lot of the old white beatup panel trucks with ladders on top and they have no signs or lettering on them. The trucks are always filled with several young hispanic males. The one truck I have seen with a name on it "Greater Southeast Coastal Home Improvement" had a Georgia license plate. That name, with the Georgia plates, indicated to me that they probably travel up and down the southeast coast doing home improvement jobs. I have also seen small sticker Mexican flags on the bumpers of some of these trucks.

Report them if you see them at a house. I am sure that other counties in other states also have similar laws regarding licnesing contractors.

I think a petiton to the State police would help. As i have stated often their trailers are in violation and with the proliferation of small businesses there has got to be many more illegal trailers on our roads. If it is just one person complaining they won't do anything. but if many citizens bring this to their attention, or as a safety issue, the troopers might take action.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    Something is amiss here.....I can't fathom these communites being hungry...they send 35 BILLION back and can't afford food?? If they are hungry HERE, then what is the use of being HERE?....oh, maybe free food, so they have MORE MONEY to do with as they please!!??
    Gofer-

You hit the nail on the head! It isn't because they can't afford food, it is because they know how to scam this system in every possible way. In my community they are buying houses, driving Hummers (this is not joke.. that has become their vehicle of choice), and still getting assistance. All the while, sending money home.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

What gets me is then they can't understand why Americans can't have what they do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast