Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We Can Make It Harder For Illegals To Work

In my condo complex the County has fined unit owners and the condo for not pulling permits for air conditioning installations, and remodelling projects. In Miami Dade County registered trade people and businesses pull those permits when they start a project. If they don't get a permit and the condo is charged then it is the contractor who is responsible for the fine. Since unlicensed and/or illegals can't get the permits the condo security will not allow any unlicensed people in to work in the complex. I am sure other complexes have run into the same situations. This is not that large scale but a start.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I put a similar case into action here at my house. My neighbor (puerto rican decent) hired a pack of illegals to build a deck. The deck did not meet egress codes because it had a door to the basement underneath it and it didn't have 6' 8" head room which is required. After calling it in, the inspectors came out and ordered that it be demolished because there were no permits pulled for it. Good thing it was torn down since the deck was not bolted to the main band of the house, but nailed with 16d nails. Neighbor held his ground and didn't turn in the workers he had, but took the fines and such on his own. For this he will be going to court.

MW
    Swatchick wrote:

Since unlicensed and/or illegals can't get the permits the condo security will not allow any unlicensed people in to work in the complex. I am sure other complexes have run into the same situations. This is not that large scale but a start.
    I agree. A lot of little actions across the country can help to make a difference.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes..........but they are getting help foodwise............

America’s Second Harvest The Nation’s Food Bank Network,

The League of United Latin American Citizens

and Tyson Foods, Inc.

Cordially invite you to participate in the

One Million Pounds Pledge

Inaugural Food Donation

At the North side of the Pier

(by the Tyson Foods truck)

On Tuesday, June 10th, 2007

At 2:00 PM

This truck load food donation will go to

The Greater Chicago Food Depository

and will mark the beginning of a three-year partnership to:

Explore the extent and root causes of hunger among the Latino community in the U.S.

Create awareness of hunger among Latino communities through the release of a meaningful data and events including all three partners, and Channel in-kind protein donation to America’s Second Harvest

member food banks serving Latino communities.

Be Part of this Historic Moment on the

National Fight Against Hunger among the Latino communities!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to tell your friends about this.
    If you received this message from a friend, you can click here to join LULAC as an eMember or click here to sign up our One Million Voices United petition urging the passage of a fair and just Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
    Click here to modify your email preferences or update your personal profile. To stop all email from LULAC, please reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LULAC National Office, 2000 L Street, NW, Suite 610 Washington DC 20036, (202) 833-6130, (202) 833-6135 FAX

REC'D VIA EMAIL......7/7/07

I WILL PURCHASE NOTHING FROM TYSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is amiss here.....I can't fathom these communites being hungry...they send 35 BILLION back and can't afford food?? If they are hungry HERE, then what is the use of being HERE?....oh, maybe free food, so they have MORE MONEY to do with as they please!!??

They want more money for other things like SUVs. Even the legals scam the food banks. When I was back in Toronto the people would leave their BMWs, Jaguar, Mercedes or what ever luxury car a block away. They would proceed to take the expensive coat off and wear a cheap one and same with shoes or boots and leave their expensive purse in the car. Then they would proceed to walk to the food bank for food. The theives found out about it quickly and broke into the cars while the people were getting their food. Once the people got back to their car see their car was broken into and would call the police.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What do we do about yard and lawn business that hire illegals? All of the workers are Hispanic. I have tried to talk to workers and they do not speak English. Today the boss saw me talking to one of them and he came and chased him away. My suspicion tells me many of them are illegal. If they are hiring illegal workers I think they should be reported. That would put them out of business.

http://www.lawntimes.com/showthread.php?p=12495

I agree illegals and those who hire them should be reported. There have been many calls to the police in my district about gardners and landscapers involved in agruments with the property owners. In the majority of the cases the officer who would respond would have to be Spanish speaking. The people would assume that the police would be able to get them deported. I wish but you are no longer allowed to ask immigration status questions.

How many have been into a fast-food place and had their orders screwed up because the worker couldn't understand english?? Happend a couple of times at a local Burger King (I will not go to that one again). I called BK's corporate offices and complained. Recently, at McDonald's I had to repeat my order twice and then told the idiot behind the counter that my order was to go (again, limited English speaker!! ) Keep in mind there are some places where the staff helping customers is majority English speakers, and those are the places I WILL spend my money. I remember back in the day when you could walk into a place and there would be teenagers earning money for school, cars, etc., etc. and adult managers would be supervising them. Now it either looks like a taco place or kiddie center where the managers are all kids and clueless as well. I'm almost at my breaking point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    How many have been into a fast-food place and had their orders screwed up because the worker couldn't understand english?? Happend a couple of times at a local Burger King (I will not go to that one again). I called BK's corporate offices and complained. Recently, at McDonald's I had to repeat my order twice and then told the idiot behind the counter that my order was to go (again, limited English speaker!! ) Keep in mind there are some places where the staff helping customers is majority English speakers, and those are the places I WILL spend my money. I remember back in the day when you could walk into a place and there would be teenagers earning money for school, cars, etc., etc. and adult managers would be supervising them. Now it either looks like a taco place or kiddie center where the managers are all kids and clueless as well. I'm almost at my breaking point!!!

If and WHEN this happens, simply do this. DEMAND in a VERY loud voice to have your money returned to you (works best if you are at the counter). Raise a big stink. A manager will arrive at the counter soon, and simply make a stink that service from this place is SO bad, and that if they can not serve you better than by tossing non-English-speaking OR illegal workers at you, that you will simply take your money to other places.

NOTE it is best to do this when they are more busy (a line of people waiting), as this tactic certainly gets most people in line nodding (because most are thinking the same thing).

It is time that we send a message to businesses like this. We are damn tired of their business as usual!

H.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast