Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsummars
    Time will tell.

The title stands: We're screwed . . .

Why?

Because most Americans don't care.

I care.

But I am angered by those that don't.

That's what is missing.

Positivity won't cut it.

We need to start addressing voters directly.
    Daniel, you may be SCREWED but I am, on the other hand, NOT.

Your method is counterproductive to a common goal.

If you want people to wake up and become proactive, my suggestion is that you select a better method cause the one you have chosen is not going to work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    danielsummers wrote:
    I know ya'll want positivity . . . but that's a fraud.
    We're not going to change anything if American voters think it is all taken care of.
    I don't think you can predict what is going to happen in the next election. People are really ramped up about this and I think the opponents of the pro-amnesty pols in the next election will win on this issue. I've never seen so many involved in an issue and I've been watching politics since Watergate. Everything going on now with phone calls, pols, rallies, donations...backs up what we are saying--it is not false positivity. I think we have thrown the Senate for a loop--I'd love to be a fly on the wall of John McCain's headquarters where he has fallen to third because of the immigration issue. I think the silent majority is verbal outside the polling booth this time...for the first time.

You, Daniel, are promoting false negativity!

Banned
    daniel wrote:
    Hey, I wish ya'll were right about it.
    But human nature doesn't lend much confidence.
    America still has a lot of good people who love their country and they are coming together now to fight for her and that is undeniable!!! I am frankly amazed and in awe! It's a beautiful thing to behold and I am proud of my fellow citizens!!!

Banned
    daniel,

I feel for you...you must lead a difficult life if you see everything through the prism you describe--you cannot just simply ignore all the positives of what is happening simply to support your world view! It is much better than you allow yourself to believe. I wouldn't describe myself as an optimist by any means but I'm not in denial either.

This battle is far from over, even IF the amnesty bill makes it through the Senate. The "grand bargain" coalition is fragile and we must do everything we can to make our voices heard even if it is frustrating at times. If Billary Clinton strips out what weak "conservative" measures there are in the flawed Senate amnesty bill, it will then make it easier to label this a partisan bill. And House members are more fearful (they have to face those pesky voters every 2 years) and at this time it seems the House conservatives are still PO'd at this bill.

Our grass roots pressure and the new media IS making a difference, e.g., donations to the Republican Party from conservatives are down, Rasmussen Poll shows little support for the amnesty bill, but we still must fight!! Of course, we're still in dangerous territory! SO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!! Keep making those calls, visits etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: We're screwed because we are too lazy to stop it.

[quote="danielsummars"]We're screwed because we are too lazy to stop ]illegal immigration.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
    Because I know the We're you're talking about doesn't include me or the other 6,000 members of this board!

I understand that there is frustration but I choose to be an optimist.
    I don't respect a pessamistic attitude.

Most Americans are not lazy. They are exhausted from working hard to keep their family out of the poor house and paying ridiculous taxes for social services for illegals who need to go home and fix their own country.

If Americans are anything, they are too trusting of their government who has not had their best interests at heart. Don't believe me? Ask Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, Congressman Tancredo, Congressman Hunter, or Congressman Paul. But a change is in the wind. People are starting to hear the message and they are starting to speak up and that is a very good thing!

What Americans need is someone to remind them that change is possible.
    That they have a voice. They need someone to remind them that they are in charge of the destiny of this country. They need to be shown how to make those changes in a positive way.

If you tell someone they are fat, lazy or apathetic as I have seen in your posts, all you do in turn people off to the very ideas you would like them to aspire to. Your message of change is lost in your rhetoric and that is a shame.

Instead why don't you use your energy encouraging and teaching people?
    Don't say can't when it is possible to say can.
    Don't say won't when there is a chance that they will.

It assumes a lot and is rather insulting to insinuate that Americans deserve what is happening to them. If we are guilty of anything it is of being overly generous and being taken advantage of by selfish self serving people.

I love America and I love Americans.
    I think Americans are underestimated.
    They are kind but they are not suckers.

So instead of insulting, lets find a way to encourage.
    I know I am not lazy. I know how many hours of my life I have given to the safety and security of my country.
    And, I know that what I give is dwarfed by the people I have met here that put me to shame on a daily bases.
    We all have a starting place.
    Some have been at this for years. Some like me are just the toddlers around here and there are beginners. But we all have value.
    Who knows who might join in the fight against illegal immigration tomorrow. Who knows what bright light might be out there right now that hasn't quite found their way yet.

Let's encourage them to grow.
    And let's be a positive example for them to learn from!

I have a sad feeling that I'm going to regret putting my two cents into this discussion, but here it is....You guys need to stop "piling on" Daniel. He has an extremely valid point and deserves to speak on it. It is great that you point out the politically correct and expedient nature of accentuating the positive, but sometimes shaming people out of denial can be a good thing. Pointing out that someone is enabling the problem by ignoring it is just shining a light in the darkness to help others find their way. Sure, it may indeed offend someone and push them away, but the truth is that if they would rather run than fight I'd much rather find it out before I have them watching my back!

If I personally had the money, the first thing I'd do is rent a dozen billboards and put up great big red signs that read, " Illegal Immigration- Either you're part of the solution or you're part of the problem! Get involved today!
    I used to sit in the principal's office on detention when I was a kid in the 60's, and man did I hate that solution/problem quote glaring at me from his wall. Funny how moving from sheltered ignorance into the real adult world revealed that truism over time.

I feel for you...you must lead a difficult life if you see everything through the prism you describe--you cannot just simply ignore all the positives of what is happening simply to support your world view!
    Don't be so quick to lend your pity, or make assumptions about a person's life or his overall view because he perceives APATHY and laziness all around him. He's not the only one who isn't surrounded by patriots on every side, quick to leap to the aid of their neighbors. It's great to have optimism as a personal support mechanism, but everyone does not see that same glass as half full. If we all look deep inside ourselves this very morning we'll likely have to admit that being a little too optimistic and a little too inattentive is what got us in this mess in the first place. BTW- I never saw where Daniel indicated he was ignoring the positives....and this fight ain't over yet! Numbers are great, but I'd rather have one David beside me than a hundred Goliaths any day!

Stick with us Daniel! You don't have to fit any mold to be a part of this group, just try to remember inspiring others is what drives this car and makes it go. I have to remind myself of that from time to time and I'm sure others do as well.

I'll be back later after I get a little sleep to see how many stripes I got from the switching I know is coming....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast