Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I also emailed Rush Limbaugh.

He doesn't discuss immigration policy much, but I told him the House and Senate hoodwinked us.

I'm just emailing anyone I can think of....
    Don't waste your time with Hush the Bush Bootlicker Bimbo. He doesn't discuss anything that will make Jorge Bush look bad.

Try John and Ken, Michael Savage, Terry Anderson, Lou Dobbs.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This "deal" to save the house to make it look like they are actually doing something about II has been mentioned before and SOME things never change. Read this old article from 1997, same BS, same players year after year.

Illegal-immigration bill weakened by unlikely alliance
    By Marcus Stern
    COPLEY NEWS SERVICE
    04-Nov-1997
    ---snip--- hard to copy!!

The peel-off bar-code tattoos were supposed to remind people of the way Nazis tattooed Jews during World War II.

"It was great," recalled Norquist, who is close to House Speaker Newt Gingrich. "We had our guys walking around with tattoos on their arms. It drove Simpson nuts because the implication was he's a Nazi."

The truth, however, is that both the House and the Senate bills specifically barred the implementation of any kind of national ID card. Politicians view such a card as a political kiss of death; nobody expects Congress to seriously consider one.

Toward the end of the debate, Simpson decried the pranks and slurs.

"We have dealt with tattoos and Adolf Hitler," he said. "It is the most offensive thing that I have ever heard. It's disgusting and I'm sick of it."

'Mark of the beast'

Although voters tend to see Republicans as tougher than Democrats on illegal immigration, the weakening of the verification provisions was largely the handiwork of conservative Republicans and their behind-the-scenes strategists like Norquist.

Their success underscores how tough it is for Congress to do the one thing experts have said for decades is central to curbing illegal immigration: Establish a reliable, non-discriminatory employment verification system.

Norquist has strong ties to the business community. Mainstream firms like Microsoft paid him to lobby against other provisions of the bill, such as tighter restrictions on the immigration of computer programmers.

But his forte is mobilizing support among social or moral conservatives, including gun owners, the religious right, home-schooling adherents and others he described as "anti-welfare and anti-police state."

"A government powerful enough to find an illegal immigrant is also powerful enough to find your bank accounts," he said.

Conveniently, he ignores the fact that the government long has been able to find bank accounts with ease while it still can't reliably identify undocumented workers.

"Nobody really minds people sneaking across the border and working at 7-Eleven," he added.

At one point during the debate, congressional offices received calls from fundamentalist ministers around the country asking about rumors that the verification provision would fulfill a prophecy in the Book of Revelation. Was it true, they asked congressional staffers, that people would be stamped with the "mark of the beast" under the new law?

"Six-six-six," Norquist explained matter-of-factly during an interview. "That's always been one of the arguments against the ID card. There's something in Revelations about numbering people. The 'beast' could be a big computer."

The National Rifle Association was told the bill would lead to a federal computer registry that the government could use to hunt down its members and seize their guns.

"Gun owners quite correctly understand that it would take Bill Clinton all of two weeks to add the question, 'Got any guns? Could we have a list of them? Where do you keep them?' " said Norquist.

Verification opponents also circulated mock national identification cards bearing Simpson's likeness. On the back of the cards was a retina scan diagram suggesting that the legislation called for everyone to carry such a card.

"That was a good one," Norquist chuckled.

http://www.cis.org/articles/Katz/katz1998.html
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

What's sad, is that these congressmen probably think that if they participate in creating this new world order, then they will have insulated themselves from the dangers of the new "3rd world America".

Conspiring with people who hate you, and want to kill you, in order to hold onto power, will only result in your own downfall, unless you knife your opponent in the back first(literally).

Repubs won't have the balls to turn on their foreign collaborators before they themselves are betrayed.

If they survive the future purges(every revolution has purges), they will not be allowed to hold on to all their riches. They will be stripped of their possessions and forced to survive like everybody else in the "new" crappy America.

These are just predictions on the future. The Republican party make cease to exist in a few years, due to lack of interest.

pa

I can't believe that anyone would be surprised that this government is betraying us. Do you not remember what they did to the Indians? Promises, promises, treaties etc...none of which they upheld when push came to shove. Betrayal is what this government is all about. Has always BEEN about.

A civil war is exactly what they want. The minute we begin to fight back in anything but words..they'll call for martial law and disarm everyone...incarcerate everyone...etc and so on.

THIS is the fight we have...THESE are the weapons we fight with...knowledge...exposure of their shills and tricks...electing constitution upholding candidates. First question that should be asked of any candidate..'How important is the constitution in your point of view?'

Think about it...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Re: We've been duped by the House and Senate

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    That C-span meeting last night, they said they "knew" the House did not want to pass Bill 4437, but did it as a gesture, that they "Knew" the Senate will not pass it.

We have been duped.

I'm beginning to think our fight is futile. I've lost all trust in anyone in Washington....I feel so betrayed.
    Moostracks, just remeber these saying.

Where there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph.
    ~ ~ ~ Pierre Corneille
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

R.R. wrote:
    --------------------
    A civil war is exactly what they want. The minute we begin to fight back in anything but words..they'll call for martial law and disarm everyone...incarcerate everyone...etc and so on.
    ----------------------

I'm not advocating anything, it'll be the marxists or La Raza that does the purge I refered to.

But since you mentioned martial law and disarmament......

It would actually be BETTER if martial law was declared "sooner rather than later"(under whatever pretense) and the disarmament began.

Because they wouldn't be able to do it. They need to move more police-state assets and technology into position.

Probably more important, is that they have a ready force of Mexican army units ,AND U.N. peacekeepers to render "assistance" to the Feds in order to disarm everybody.

They would be happy to come right on in and screw us.

---------------------------------

THIS is the fight we have...THESE are the weapons we fight with...knowledge...exposure of their shills and tricks...electing constitution upholding candidates. First question that should be asked of any candidate..'How important is the constitution in your point of view?'
    ---------------------

They will just pay lip service for what people want to hear. "Of course the constitution is important they'll say , as endless millions of people with no idea of the Constitution , flood in and gain power. It's happening now.

pa

electing constitutional upholding candidates? What makes you think that the elections aren't already rigged?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please post transcript

Whoa. Would someone please post a transcript of the discussion that is so upsetting you all?
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I heard this said even when the House was voting on the bill. I don't think I heard it in the context of what C-Span said though. I think they just said that they were afraid that the Senate would GUT THE BILL. I KNOW the Senate will not pass the Bill that came out of the House. FRIST wants a GUESTWORKER PROGRAM. BUSH wants a GUESTWORKER PROGRAM and DOLE and BURR want a guestworker program. At least, I know that our NC Senators are going to be pushing for Bush's guestworker program so I don't think there's a snowball's chance in HELL for the bill WITHOUT a guestworker program to make it through the Senate. I have already been contacting my Senators because I want their desks PILED UP with DEMANDS to pass the BILL UNCHANGED when they return from their "HIATUS"! THEIR LONG VACATION!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Re: Please post transcript

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaAlvarado
    Whoa. Would someone please post a transcript of the discussion that is so upsetting you all?
    I have never found any place to get transcripts from C-span. But after listening to this. I think this is what he was talking about.

It is realtime player. It is on the 2nd page under the below title

American Bar Assn. on Immigration Reform
    In Washington, DC, the American Bar Association holds a panel discussion on immigration reform.
    1/12/2006: WASHINGTON, DC: 1 hr. 30 min.

http://www.cspan.org/VideoArchives.asp? ... 100&Page=2
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast