Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-1999

SEC. 2. ASSISTANCE FOR NATIONAL COUNCIL OF LA RAZA AND RAZA DEVELOPMENT FUND.

(a) Use- The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall, to the extent amounts are made available pursuant to subsection (b), make a grant to the National Council of La Raza for the purpose of providing technical and financial assistance to local non-profit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. Assistance provided by the Secretary under this section may be used by the National Council of La Raza or the Raza Development Fund to--

(1) provide technical and financial assistance for site acquisition and development, construction financing, and short- and long-term financing for housing, community facilities, and economic development;

(2) leverage capital from private entities, including private financial institutions, insurance companies, and private philanthropic organizations;

(3) provide technical assistance, training, support, and advice to develop the management, financial, and administrative capabilities of housing development organizations serving low-income households, including Hispanic households; and

(4) conduct such other activities as may be determined by the Secretary and the National Council of La Raza.

(b) Authorization of Appropriations- There is authorized to be appropriated for grants under this section--

(1) $5,000,000 for fiscal year 2008; and

(2) $10,000,000 for each fiscal year thereafter.
    ... and numb nuts wonder why we want Tancredo or bust!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Betsy

I understand ur frustation , I also know the frustation of the legal immigratns trying to accomodate in the new world ..

Like you legal immigrants are at the cross roads.. I hope you will win in this messy battle .This helps many future legal immigrant lifes does not end up in limbo like many now ,who came here hoping something and ended in something else.. burning their career , future and growth...

Re: What is alipac? A hoax?

Quote Originally Posted by apache_native_american
    We let u guys stay here , so why not help the other poor ppl of the world.
    -Proud First American
    You know it just struck me if we do what he wants, he will be living in Mexico, not America. Most American Indians are not this stupid, they know Mexicans treat Indians much worse than Americans do. The guy is either a fake or on meth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, Tooderal, or whatever your name is, they can't outsource construction or hospitality or landscaping jobs. The Americans were doing these jobs until the illegal aliens pushed their way into our country and drove the wages down. I am for legal immigration, you know, coming in the front door after we say, "come in," but I think even legal immigration should be put on hold until we clear up the mess we've got in this country.

And another thing, I'm tired of outsiders telling me what I should do with MY country!!!!
    The problem is they want us to open the door wide open and just let anyone in who wants to come in. That would ruin our country and our economy turning us into a third world country. The middle class would completly dissappear, leaving us with business owners and underpaid lower class who would work and live up to 16 people per 3 bedroom house.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live like that. The only way we can protect our level of life is by not allowing them to flood our employment markets. And the only way to stop that is by limiting immigration. And the answer to not being allowed in is not to break in anyhow. Find a different answer to your own problems and stop creating problems for people in this country.

Toordaal: Be sure and reserve a big enough helping of blame for the bodyshops playing the game of international labor arbitrage, whether they are based here or India or elsewhere. It has been said, why are you against the current H-1B program when it is legal? Don't you support legal immigration? But what is not legal is the puffed up resumes, the bad labor practices (Tata, Patni, Infosys, have all been sued. Some successfully, some are waiting for the courts), the discriminatory job postings, and discriminatory firings of American workers.

Years ago I ran across a web site that recorded how even Harris Miller, Kiran Karnik's number one fan, was telling the Indian complanies not to abuse the related L-1 visa by playing fast and loose with the definition of specialized knowlege to bring people in. They were claiming that specialized knowlege meant things like, 'this guy knows how to work a spreadsheet' - who doesn't?

What should not be legal: displacing American workers, and refusing to look for or consider American candidates. But it is because when the program was first envisioned, the plan was to cherry-pick the best and brightest, not to replace large pools of rank and file workers. Then the companies saw a way to turn a talent search into cost cutting labor arbitrage, and went for it. Hopeful foreign workers were sucked into a dream machine (and often let down hard), while Americans were put out by the curb like trash on trash pickup day.

When the guestworker visa programs such as H-1B and L-1 were first set up, the people in charge over here did not anticipate the games that would be played to get foreign people in here and shove American workers aside. By now all the wrongdoing is so well documented, that I can't understand how anyone can pitch for a cap increase with a straight face. Yet, here we go again. What's their excuse in Congress for not knowing any better now that it's 2007?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BetsyRoss,

You are absolutely right.

In fact the men and women that we brought in legally in the 70's I thought were great. Many would finish their time. Some looked forward to returning home. Some I think extended their visas to stay a while longer.

There was a constant rotation of honest workers coming and going.

It worked so well that I thought it was a good tool in concurring the world and spreading our way of doing things.

With all of the illegal activity we have now I have gone sour on the idea. I once wrote a letter to Ronald Reagan with a plan. It was much like what we have now with One World Order except it was an honest legal way of achieving the same sort of goal.

I thought if we were a good example many in the rest of the world would want to adopt our way of doing things.

We need to get back to being a nation known by the way it does things that make people happy and proud to be a part of. We need to return to being a good example to follow.

The rest of the world may want to do the same. When they see people somewhere that are doing things they like, they need to adopt the practices in their own countries.

That is the only way we are going to become one.

I hadn't heard of One World Order at the time. It may appear to be the same goal but it is going about it for all the wrong reasons and is going about it in all the wrong ways.

I see that the decisions should be made by all the people out in the open. Not some secret group making decisions for all in an underhanded method.

Note the word concurring is used. Not conquer

con·cur /kənˈkɜr/

–verb (used without object), -curred, -cur·ring.

1. to accord in opinion; agree: Do you concur with his statement?

2. to cooperate; work together; combine; be associated: Members of both parties concurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by trolldrool
    So as per you ALIPAC is not for legal immigration also till they fix illegal immigration?
    A is for Americans
    L is for Legal
    I is for Immigration
    P is for Political
    A is for Action
    C is for Committee

We support legal immigrants and are firmly against illegal aliens.
    One is welcome, the other is a criminal.

Dixie
    Thank you Dixie. It is important that we all keep this in mind.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your welcome!

Just putting a little clarity out there for those troll types that like to blur the line between immigrants and illegal aliens. Big difference.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    How meth took hold of Wind River: www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096414994
    That is one sick and sad story.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I do not doubt for one minute that he is apache native american because I listen to this garbage on this site all the time.
    http://www.indianz.com/board/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26273
    I read over the posts on that site -- at least the one you linked to. I know the Native Americans were treated badly and oppressed, but Mexico was just as bad! Mexico still oppresses its indigenous population to this day. I don't understand how the people on the above site can think that supporting illegal immigration is going to right that wrong or make anything better. It's just obvious that illegal immigration has made everyone's life worse! Can't they at least see that? It's going to affect them too, eventually. There's nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. They maybe safe on their tribal nations now, but what about 10 years from now?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast