Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rather then preach to me... give me some constructive advice on how to prove that they are here illegally. Help me help you fix the system.[/quote]

I will bet if they are illegals that there is someone on the crew that is angry about it. You have to somehow find that person. Most construction workers have a drink after work, find out where and have one with them. Nothing worth fighting for is ever easy. Thanks for taking a stand, just make sure it's the right one.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

over40, unfortunately there is no easy way to know. It is very likely that a lot of the people working in construction trades and fast food are illegal but there's not much we can do about it. That's why so many remain here.

If you lived in that subdivision, I think you could ask the HOA if they could provide proof that all the contractors hire Americans but since you don't I doubt they would do that for you.

It is frustrating, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by over40
    "If you have made this post here stating they are illegals simply because you have seen Hispanic workers, then that is true racism and an opinion based on appearances which is not welcome at the Homeland Security tip line and not welcome here at ALIPAC. "

I am really surprised at this comment. I support LEGAL immigration but am totally against illegal immigration. The fact that there is a high concentration of Mexican workers at a job site substantially increases the likelyhood that there are illegals present. Am I just to ignore it?

Rather then preach to me... give me some constructive advice on how to prove that they are here illegally. Help me help you fix the system.
    Over40,

It is my job to protect this website and organization from both racism and people that sometimes make comments they did not intend to be racial judgements but can be interpreted that way.

My first advice to you is that if you plan to post about the situation or contact authorities, or investigate these workers that you start by making sure that you are not just taking issue with Latinos or Latino workers. If that is your true concerns, this is not the place for that.

If that is not your motivation, then you should start your approach by looking for evidence they are illegal workers. We have a flier in our ALIPAC Action Panel above called the Employer flier. You might want to circulate that around this job site.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another thing you can do is call this employer and ask them if they know their workers are legal or not and if they dont know then you can complain that they do not check and provide them with info on how they can.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would be nice if we had a law like citizens arrest where a citizen has the ability to ask and inquire if they doubt the legality of something going on around them.

I do think that you have the right to present the person in charge of the constructon contrator with an I9 tax form that they have to fill out and give it back to you and you can turn it in and the irs can tell if the tax doesn't line up because people are bieng paid under the table!
    This might help report them and get some kind of pressure to let them know your watching

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforceme ... 59,00.html
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

what can I do

Use the 'garage sale' method. Post a sign at the entrance and at the closest convenience store warning of immigration raids in the area. It would help to know a little Spanish.

There was an article on this site about illegals posting warning signs (on trees), about ICE raids.

Most convenience stores allow customers to post garage sale signs and for sale ads. Be sure to ask permission to post, just try not to reveal the message.

Re: what can I do that will get a real response - illegals

I live next to a new subdivision that is being built and at any given time there are at least 15 illegals working there... sometimes as many as 30-40.

I want to report them and get a real response and hopefully get the employers of these people fined... but calling the town has yielded nothing.

What can I do that will make the developer, empolyers and illegals take notice ? Very frustrating that they are there and everyone knows it but no one will do anything about it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey over40, you do need to be careful. I tried getting some attention about illegals working in a subdivision in my hometown. I walked up and down the road with a protest sign trying to bring attention to the problem and got arrested for my efforts. If your local politicians are like mine, they are aiding and abetting the illegal invasion and will try to shut you up any way that they can. My local liberal rag published an article about it and came to the conclusion that I was a racist. Nothing in the article about me being married to a legal immigrant from the Philippines. Nothing in the article about me being bankrupted by companies employing illegal aliens.
    My suggestion is to contact one of your local Minuteman groups and have a mass protest at the site. Whatever you do be sure that you document it with a video cam, digital camera and anything else.
    One other route you can go is to get the telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses of the contractors employing the illegals and post them here at ALIPAC and every other anti illegal immigration website you can find and have America give them a piece of their minds. I have done this a few times and let me tell you, those criminals contractors hate the negative publicity that this brings on them.
    One last thing, some people will tell you to not do anything because you do not know for sure if they are illegal or not. Stick to your guns because there is a 99% chance you are right about the illegals. How do I know that? Because I was on a radio program months ago with a woman that was married to a Mexican coyote for 15 years. In a 10 year period, she and her significant other brought over 40 thousand illegal aliens into Georgia and South Carolina. She told me that on construction sites 99% of the Hispanics you see will be illegal aliens. I listen to her about the percentages because she was in a position to know for sure, unlike a lot of politically correct Americans that are destroying this country.
    So if you want to do something about the illegal alien invasion in your community decide on a plan and stick to it. Contractors absolutely hate negative publicity because it affects their business. Every one of them will tell you that they do not employ illegal aliens and they are right in a way because the illegals are not working for them. They work for the subcontractors. But the contractors are just as guilty because they have total control over every person that works on one of their sites. I have been in construction for over 20 years and I have had the displeasure of seeing my industry being completely over run with illegals.

"If you have made this post here stating they are illegals simply because you have seen Hispanic workers, then that is true racism and an opinion based on appearances which is not welcome at the Homeland Security tip line and not welcome here at ALIPAC. "

I am really surprised at this comment. I support LEGAL immigration but am totally against illegal immigration. The fact that there is a high concentration of Mexican workers at a job site substantially increases the likelyhood that there are illegals present. Am I just to ignore it?

Rather then preach to me... give me some constructive advice on how to prove that they are here illegally. Help me help you fix the system.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are ways to find out for sure if they are illegal aliens also. If the brick masons are what you suspect to be illegal aliens, stop at the site and get a business card from them if possible. Then call up your local tax office and find out if the company is paying taxes. If they aren't then they are employing illegals. Use the business card and call the local licensing office to find out if they are a legal business. Write down their vehicle licsense plate numbers and try to find out if their vehicles are legal. This is another way to find out if they are illegal. Every subcontractor is also required to have workmans comp and general liability insurance. Every one of the illegal companies will have insurance on one of their workers because that way they will get the cheapest rates. This is insurance fraud on a major scale because all of them will show one worker employed even though there will be ten people working for the company. You have to use your mind and be creative and find ways to identify the companies employing them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12